A well fitting, smart/sexy and preferably push-up bra size 38A... impossible???

(668 Posts)
justkeeponsmiling Thu 27-Jun-13 22:42:46

I am sooo fed up with trying to find a well fitting bra, preferably nice looking and adding a bit of "volume" in my size...
I'm starting to feel like a freak!
Am i really the only person in the world with really small breasts and a slightly larger ribcage?
Every bra I find is either too tight around my chest or has gaping cups. I need a wired one as any others leave me looking completely flat-chested.
Any suggestions of shops or online retailers would be greatly appreciated!

TwoNoisyBoys Tue 02-Jul-13 22:56:32

Could someone help me, please? My under boob measurement is 33, and my boob measurement is 41.........I can't work it out? I'm currently wearing a 36D..........Thank you! smile

EMUZ Tue 02-Jul-13 22:59:56

Try a 32G, 34FF for starters. If they don't do an FF try a 34G as well

TwoNoisyBoys Tue 02-Jul-13 23:04:57

Thank you! I kind of worked out that it MIGHT be that, but thought it sounded too ridiculous, going from a D to a G/FF cup........but perhaps not! It would explain why every sodding bra I have is so uncomfy! Thanks again EMUZ smile

harmonyuk2005 Wed 03-Jul-13 20:20:32

hi me again! (sorry) dd3's ff cup ordered will update when its here and been tried. so I've been wearing mine for a good day now and have shortened the straps which gives a much comfier fit esp under the underarm area but still lots of bulging out there, i'm also wondering if there's a weeny bit of bulging at the back too now I've shortened the straps by the underarm not central or rolls it just looks like its from the underarms. Can I just ask if you have an opinion on the panache harmony for me to try in the dd cup to see if the fit is better, as they are very cheap on ebay at the minute smile thank you

link to the harmony
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panache-Harmony-Bra-In-Black-/370828439161?pt=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&var=&hash=item565718ee79

SorrelForbes Wed 03-Jul-13 21:14:15

I've a friend who loves the Panache Harmony. If it's cheap then it might be worth a shot!

TrixyPixie Fri 12-Jul-13 21:49:26

You are amazing. I think I fit a 38e more than an f, but the 'tucking' thing means I look much slimmer. So many less lumps and much better bumps. grin

Thank you! smile

FrameyMcFrame Fri 12-Jul-13 22:31:51

33 39
Hi sorry to hijack but can I ask the experts a question?
I did the measure thing and it was 33 and 39.
So I went to John Lewis and tried on lots of bras in 32 f and 34f. Also 34E. Only 2 out of about 20 fitted me sad
Am I wierd?
Anyway bought the 2 and I'm having to wear them on the tightest fit.
But 32 was too tight and caused back fat and quad boob.
Thanks in advance and sorry to hijack .....

Did you scoop in the 32s?

Oh hang on, just saw quad boob - the 32 was probably too small in the cup which would have prevented scooping working. Did you try a bigger cup?

With regards to only a few fitting - yup, completely normal!

FrameyMcFrame Sat 13-Jul-13 21:47:11

Thanks StatisticallyChallenged.
So should I try 32G? Crikey, do they make that size?

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Jul-13 22:09:52

Oh yes indeed! I'm a 30GG grin.

TomskiGirl Tue 26-Nov-13 23:07:24

So happy I found this thread was beginning to think I was a total freak! Gonna try all the advice and see what happens :-)

TomskiGirl Wed 27-Nov-13 09:30:13

So I've measured and I'm 32 and 37 is that 32DD?

SorrelForbes Wed 27-Nov-13 10:11:42

Yep start there but be prepared to try bigger cups. Make sure you get the band right before sitting the cups.

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1

Indeed it is so start there

TomskiGirl Wed 27-Nov-13 16:03:21

Blimey it's going to be weird, I was always looking at 36A's and even went on websites that suggested I was 38AAA...thanks for the link and help :-)

TomskiGirl Wed 27-Nov-13 18:11:50

So in my excitement I popped to Sainsburys (who don't do 32DD I discovered) but I had a faff about with various sizes and 32 is the way forward. The 32D was pretty good (wow, never thought I'd say that!) but I'm going to wait until I can try a 32DD! Finally there is hope that I can buy bras that I like and that match knickers and (dare I say it) actually fit!! I was beginning to think that surgery was the only way I could get a bra to fit! Thank you so much for this fab thread!!

smile excellent news! Caution you may now become addicted to bras!

TomskiGirl Wed 27-Nov-13 19:22:47

I think you might be right, I'm already planning a shopping trip and checking out all the lovely bras online :-)

Whereisegg Wed 27-Nov-13 21:59:43

ok so I just measured too.
wearing 34a, but measuring 30/34.

is that 30d?
it can't be grin

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Nov-13 00:41:47

It can! The cup volume on a 34A is equivalent to a 30C. If you scoop when wearing your 34A do you get overspill/quad boob/under arm bulge/back fat?

Whereisegg Thu 28-Nov-13 07:16:51

well yes but only for a minute as then everything just kind of 'settles' back.
so I've been wearing those molded t-shirt bras everyone on here is such a fan of wink

I seriously don't want to go to work today, I want to spend my day surrounded by bras.
In a D cup shock

everything settles back because the band is too big so your breast tissue slides out the side! once you are in a smaller band that will stay where it belongs. remember to get the band size right first by following the guidance on the blog then work on the cup. and don't be scared to try bigger cups if needed

Whereisegg Thu 28-Nov-13 07:42:57

bigger than a D grin
guess what I will be asking for for Christmas!

Dolallytats Thu 28-Nov-13 08:01:46

Please can you help me SC!! I had my DD just over 4 months ago. I have always been big-a size 16 0n average (am 5'2) but have gone up to a size 18/20 due to stress (DH had a, thankfully minor, stroke a few weeks ago and, of course the usual 'new baby' stresses!! I'm also agoraphobic and this is stressful) and waaaaayyy too much cake and chocolate!!

I currently own one bra that doesn't fit at all but is the comfiest non fitting bra I own blush. Please help me get a proper fitting bra!!

I measured as you said in the beginning and I am 41.5 under bust and leaning forward (do you mean just a bit because that is what I did, or go you mean a full 'look at the floor job?!?) and I measured 48. Just for further info, my boobs are like spaniel ears!! They have next to no roundness, sag terribly and there is a fairly large gap between them so I don't think I have ever had a lovely looking cleavage!!

Now, having just made myself sound truly vile, can you please recommend a bra size?? I did get measured at R&P years ago, but I have since had 2 more children, put on loads of weight and become too scared to go far from my house!!

Sorry for the essay-just wanted to give you an accurate picture of my boobs!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now