the tall thread

(205 Posts)
MrsBucketxx Tue 25-Jun-13 20:27:11

as a lanky bird 5'11 I am always on the look out for new tall web sites fashion blogs etc.

my current faves being http://allthetallthings.com (blog)

and clothes from http://tallerthanyouraverage.com/

any other recommendations, tips woukd be great too.

after all petite ranges are everywhere, tall ones should be too.

Numanoid Tue 15-Jul-14 13:35:46

I'm 6ft tall, and although I can usually find jeans to fit, I can almost never wear regular dresses (come up more like long tops) and tops themselves generally never reach my waist. sad

DidoTheDodo Tue 15-Jul-14 13:19:46

Ah bless you. A mere 5'8" but 34" inside leg and monkey arms. And my waist is just not in the same place as "ordinary" dresses. I tend to do LTS for black trousers and hit and miss for anything else!

peasandlove Tue 15-Jul-14 07:23:05

oops new look jumpsuit, but I got it from asos

peasandlove Tue 15-Jul-14 07:19:26

ok update on the asos jumpsuit up thread (if anyone cares ;) ) I got it today and it fits well, I'm 6ft and size 12. The fabric is quite thin and silky feeling. I'm happy with it, I'll probably wear it travelling when I go on holiday with a kimono or you could wear it with sandals etc.

Takesalongtime Wed 09-Jul-14 13:44:35

Cantthinkofagoodusername- next tall maxi dresses tend to come up bigger. Just a thought if you liked them

rockpink Wed 09-Jul-14 13:05:31

Mmmm I like the idea of them then.

CockBollocks Wed 09-Jul-14 12:26:09

They are leggings but with a zip and fly like jeans. They also offer the same 'support' as jeans but are really comfy. You need to size down which is always nice, I have a pair in each colour!!!

rockpink Wed 09-Jul-14 11:33:13

Are they jeans or leggings? I am the exact same size as you!

CockBollocks Wed 09-Jul-14 09:57:17

Oooooh hello!

I'm 5'11, size 14, size 8 feet.

Have discovered ASOS tall which is pretty good, they also do shoes for the larger footed!!

I'm loving these jeans at the moment, high waisted, long and enough structure to keep a wobbly tummy contained.

Can someone tell me why most Tall ranges only seem to sell plain trousers, usually black. Tried on a lovely pair of wide leg floral trousers in New Look but they don't do them in Tall sad angry

snowgirl1 Wed 09-Jul-14 09:31:42

Ooh, a tall thread. I'm only 5' 10" but struggle to get dresses with a waist that sits in the right place or that are long enough to cover my ugly knees, so will watch this thread with interest.

peasandlove Wed 09-Jul-14 07:30:16

hmmm ok, thanks for that. I'm undecided now, I had imagined wearing it on a plane type thing. Does the fabric crinkle easily?

SnoozyGiraffe Wed 09-Jul-14 00:50:18

Yes I have it but haven't worn it yet; it's definitely an evening thing for me because of the fabric. I found it a little tight around the waist probably because I don't have one

peasandlove Sat 05-Jul-14 00:55:42

have any of you ladies bought this new look tall jumpsuit? wondering how it fits and how it feels being 100% poly. I dont live in the UK so wouldnt return it if I buy it here

Passthecake30 Sat 28-Jun-14 11:26:10

m.newlook.com/application/product/view?cat=306090419

This is a nice length. ..I'm 6ft and it comes to my knee, it's my favourite dress atm

13Stitches Sat 28-Jun-14 10:59:16

Hello, can I pop in?
I'm only 5'8" but I have 33inch legs. So most standard trousers are too short, but the "long" or tall versions are often too long (I'm looking at you, Next).

I have the lanky arms too, but my legs seem disproportionately long.

rockpink Sat 28-Jun-14 10:46:59

Great thread, hello everyone. I find being 5'11" and size 14 (12 in some shops like LTS, oddly) mahoosive size 8.5 feet and 35" inside leg means I struggle with clothes.

I mainly shop on eBay, having saved searches like "tall 14 buy it now" has been great!

I have an LTS winter heavy jacket which is quite military looking and it was £120. I really hope to get about 5 years wear out of it for that price!

CantThinkOfAGoodUsername Sat 28-Jun-14 10:36:13

I'm about 5'11 and a bit plus I'm also larger framed at current size 20 after having DD last year but want to get back to size 16-18 which is still big but being taller I think I am well proportioned but finding clothes that fit well is so hard for me!

BestIsWest Sat 28-Jun-14 09:29:28

How have I missed this thread?

5'10 but very long body and short legs with a giraffe neck. I love dresses but the waist is so often at the level of my tits.

Petal02 Sat 28-Jun-14 09:23:45

I'm just looking at the New Look Tall range of dresses, but it doesn't give length measurements, which is a bit of a pain. I'm not sure if I'm allowed on this thread, I'm 5' 6" but have got long legs and arms, and everyone tells me I look really tall, which is a bit weird.

CantThinkOfAGoodUsername Sat 28-Jun-14 07:54:13

Is 39 too old for patterned trousers? I don't think so at all if you get some nice subtle ones, I wouldn't wear any that were too 'in your face'

Passthecake30 Sat 28-Jun-14 07:39:51

I don't know about the height thing, I just feel too old (39) for them!

CantThinkOfAGoodUsername Sat 28-Jun-14 06:24:05

What do we think of patterned trousers on a taller woman?

SnoozyGiraffe Fri 27-Jun-14 21:52:57

New look has a few nice maxis in now, but probably too late for you? and most people - don't shops know we want to buy summer clothes in March but leave autumn/winter shopping til the end of October?

GrassIsSinging Wed 14-May-14 16:57:35

Hello all.

I'm another lanky bird (5'11).

Looking for a good tall swimsuit and struggling to find anything nice. Any suggestions?

Also, looking for tall summery maxi dresses. So little online sad

mrsbucketxx Wed 14-May-14 13:15:36

ha ha ha look at this like we need to look like our clothes are too small they have ripped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now