the tall thread

(205 Posts)
MrsBucketxx Tue 25-Jun-13 20:27:11

as a lanky bird 5'11 I am always on the look out for new tall web sites fashion blogs etc.

my current faves being http://allthetallthings.com (blog)

and clothes from http://tallerthanyouraverage.com/

any other recommendations, tips woukd be great too.

after all petite ranges are everywhere, tall ones should be too.

Passthecake30 Tue 16-Jul-13 22:09:54
MrsBucketxx Wed 17-Jul-13 16:49:47

ooooohhh thats really purdy.

drat I have no pennies atm.

o0i found some lovely long leggings in Sainsburys this week after trying a tonne on claiming to be ankle length. they are good quality too,

Passthecake30 Wed 17-Jul-13 17:56:15

I also got leggings from tall girls. ..36" long...for £19, good price I thought

MrsBucketxx Thu 18-Jul-13 07:26:49

Sainsburys ones are only a tenner.

I do like the floral tall girls ones , although I'm thinking I'm a bit too old for them

Passthecake30 Tue 30-Jul-13 22:01:00

Ladies.....I need new coats, one for work, one for home - anyone seen anything??

GibberTheMonkey Tue 30-Jul-13 22:09:28

Just wanted say thanks to whoever posted the Breton top ages ago. I love it.

peasandlove Wed 31-Jul-13 07:17:02

bum I had that new look black and nude dress in my basket in a 10 and it's sold out now.
I recently bought from there these jeans (no picture shows up but they are the same as the other ones in diff leg lengths) here and im really happy with them for 8 quid! they were already sold out of the 36inch but these are fine

peasandlove Wed 31-Jul-13 07:19:01

Gibber - that was me.. and they were all sold out by the time I went to buy one! doh!

mrsbucketxx Mon 12-May-14 17:12:13

Ok can anyone tell me where I can get cheap tall jumpsuits and playsuits all the ones that I have seen are ££££££

Longleggedlovely Mon 12-May-14 20:12:38

Try ASOS tall for jumpsuits, not sure I've seen play suits anywhere, maybe Next?

trixymalixy Mon 12-May-14 22:23:55

5'9", 34 inch inside leg, size 6 feet.

I wear primark jeans, wish their pyjamas were as long!

mrsbucketxx Mon 12-May-14 22:25:26

Thanks for that asos seem to have a few,

Still looking for playsuits

trixymalixy Mon 12-May-14 22:25:36

Also have monkey arms. I have an Aigle trench coat which is long in the sleeve.

dizhin79 Mon 12-May-14 23:16:37

hi all, 5'10" and 34" Leggies.

Rampant sporting (sold by joules) does very longline vests, large fit too.

have recently bought some jeggings from sainsbury's - it's a good thing the turned up leg is in now it's springhmm I did notice they do have some tall jeans, not sure on quality though

dizhin79 Mon 12-May-14 23:18:13

lol should have read thread I see sainsbury's had already been mentioned lol!grin

goodasitgets Tue 13-May-14 03:22:56

I'm taking it everyone knows about the matalan vests? Cheap and ridiculously long

proseccoco Tue 13-May-14 06:38:10

Marking place and will get clicking later

fridgepants Tue 13-May-14 18:25:53

I'm 5ft 10, size 9 (10 in athletic shoes), 33" size 16/18 mostly thanks to having 36Js. So I'm pretty much outsize in everything. The hardest thing is swimming costumes - it has to be a one piece (I don't feel comfortable in a tankini), fit my boobs, and not pull at the crotch. Panache are the only ones who do HH/J cup swimsuits.

Uniqlo are surprisingly long. I take an XL there but was a large when I was a GG cup. I've been wearing Monsoon's Paloma jeans which are slightly too long for me. Mostly I'm sick of dresses/skirts that are so short that everyone can see tomorrow's washing when I bend down...

Jamdoughnutfiend Tue 13-May-14 18:35:22

I am 6,1 but size 14/16 with an area you can balance a pint on which makes shopping tricky - also have huge size 44 feet - am a fashion disaster so this thread is really helpful!

Sunnyfeet Tue 13-May-14 18:35:42

I'm 5' 6" and a half (can't do a 'half' symbol on my phone) and I thought I was tall? But clearly not? Everyone around me tells me I'm really tall, makes me feel a bit weird sometimes. Yet I was recently measured by the nurse, and I definitely haven't grown. Maybe everyone around me is a dwarf?

However, I often find 'regular' length fitting too short, and the 'long' fitting too long. But I'm not tall apparently, so sorry to have butted in!!!

Jamdoughnutfiend Tue 13-May-14 18:39:00

Area = arse - bloody ipad

mrsbucketxx Tue 13-May-14 19:44:30

That's ok sunny. Its hard not getting stuff to fit however tall you are.

Ooh, I had to come straight onto this! I'm only 5'10 (never thought I'd say that!) Size 14 but with big hips and shoulders. What my mum calls 'farmers wife' style (which is not an insult to farmers wives, and we do come from generations of farming families!) I find tops the hardest- I dread the trouser/top gap and tend to wear tunics as tops with jeans. I just feel to big to be feminine if you know what I mean.

Madrigals Tue 13-May-14 20:06:44

Sunny are you quite leggy? Maybe that means you are coming up tall iyswim?

Sunnyfeet Tue 13-May-14 20:12:21

madrigals yes, I've got fairly long legs, I think this makes me look taller than I really am. My husband is 5' 11", and I've got longer legs than him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now