How do you deforest your foof without getting spots?

(46 Posts)
TheCameliousHumph Fri 21-Jun-13 12:29:17

even just the edges? shaving and cream does the same. 24 hours later all zitty. How? Why? and with an impending holiday in a hot place what the chuff do I do about it?

burberryqueen Fri 21-Jun-13 12:34:14

what you need is a swimming costume that doesn't show your pubes,
like this Hope that helps!

TheCameliousHumph Fri 21-Jun-13 12:40:59

that is exactly what I am knitting at the mo.

juneybean Fri 21-Jun-13 12:45:04

Asda actually do a full length swimsuit [http://direct.asda.com/george/womens-swimwear/full-length-3-piece-floral-print-swimwear/G004250078,default,pd.html here]]

But in all seriousness, what about waxing? Or exfloliate regularly after shaving.

juneybean Fri 21-Jun-13 12:45:17

Link fail argh

I read this as defrost grin

NeverBeenToMe Fri 21-Jun-13 12:48:12

Lol me too!

i did too blush grin

Bakingnovice Fri 21-Jun-13 12:56:49

Juneybean I l

I need to know this too. I find shaving is generally better than cream which is better than waxing. Waxing is a complete disaster. Brand new razor blade is very important, but doesn't always work perfectly.

Bakingnovice Fri 21-Jun-13 12:58:04

Juneybean I love the full length cossie. But do you think I'd look stupid with that on in a pool ??

Re spots. Try IPL. It's v good. No spots ilor itching.

juneybean Fri 21-Jun-13 13:09:43

Of course not Baking think of the protection from the sun!

MadBusLady Fri 21-Jun-13 13:16:04

Has anyone tried that new Inhibitif stuff yet? I've gone to several Boots for it but it's always sold out. Either it works or it's being very well marketed indeed.

MadBusLady Fri 21-Jun-13 13:16:41

the only thing that works for me is shaving dry with a new blade.

Buy an epilator. It takes a bit of getting used to, but know doesn't really hurt. PLus it lasts for weeks and weeks so you don't have to do it very often.

SugarandSpice126 Fri 21-Jun-13 13:32:33

Shaving always does that to me, but it doesn't if I wax.
And I read the title as 'defrost' at first too!!

Use a toner called tend skin over the shaved area, should stop the spot.

ParsingFancy Fri 21-Jun-13 13:43:24

Google "long leg swimsuit", eg this.

They look great and don't let anything hang out.

louschmoo Fri 21-Jun-13 13:45:06

Laser hair removal. Expensive but it works, and spot free.

TheCameliousHumph Fri 21-Jun-13 13:50:50

can't do pain or justify the £££ for IPL until I win the lottery.
got Tend Skin, it's rubbish sad
knitting birkini along with Victorian style.

fedupofnamechanging Fri 21-Jun-13 14:58:30

I shave and then have a bath with some dettol in it, to kill any bacteria and to soothe the skin.

reggiebean Fri 21-Jun-13 15:04:08

It's expensive, but I swear by this. Put it on straight after shaving, it makes a world of difference! Also, try shaving with shaving oil, I think that helps me too.

reggiebean Fri 21-Jun-13 15:05:06

MadBuss I'm quite curious about it too, but can't seem to find any "honest" reviews online...

MrsLettuce Fri 21-Jun-13 15:09:51

I always apply womens' roll on deodorant to the freshly deforested area straight after shaving / waxing and again if I feel any itchiness / irritation. It soothes beautifully, stops itching straight aways and seems to prevent spots and ingrowing hairs.

I know it sounds odd at first thought but it is designed to be applied to sensitive skin that's been deforested, it's actually entirely logical that it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now