Opinions on this bag?

(106 Posts)
MrsMcGregor Thu 30-May-13 21:16:29

Okay a quick question .... will this bag last a couple of seasons (in the navy) or will it look dated this time next year?

I tried it IRL back in March and liked it and it's in my shopping basket just now. Want to put an order through tonight but am worried that it won't do me for long enough to justify the cost, if that makes any sense!

Thanks!

loobylu3 Sat 25-May-13 19:37:05

Great news on the bag- so pleased you like it. I will be tempted if it gets reduced, although I need a large bag and not a small one.

PestoSwimissimos Sat 25-May-13 18:31:01

Great choice then Toasted grin

So pleased it 'ticks all your boxes', it's fab when it works out well. Enjoy!!

Me too! It isn't sad when you are a habitual key loser like myself grin

This ticks every box for me. Was worried I'd hate the tassels but they kind of work well in real life, if that makes sense. I was surprised that I went for it in the end, as many advised against it, so I must have really felt keen. S&B is a great place for finding how just how much you really want a thing after all!

polyhymnia Sat 25-May-13 10:46:12

So glad you're pleased - makes me want one even more! Sad, but I love those clips for keys!

Hello again... The Hobbs bag arrived this morning (black version) and I couldn't be happier! It is a lovely shape, and doesn't look too overloaded with the zippers at all - i really love that there is even another interior pocket (surprise!) and a little clip hook for keys, etc. It's absolutely ideal for me, really glad i took the plunge.

Leather extremely soft but bag keeps shape really well. Very pleased with quality...thanks again everyone!

Hello looby - blue has the Hobbs in cream - is gorge!

Toasted glad you went for it!

I like the lots of pockets too. Am using massive M Kors for work ATM and its just like throwing my stuff down a well. Love my mini Gracie, but my laptop won't fit in it!

loobylu3 Fri 24-May-13 18:08:57

Well done on making a decision toasted! Let us know what you think.

The Annabel Ingall bag looks v nice too.

thanks pesto, will do!

PestoSwimissimos Fri 24-May-13 09:38:16

Oh glad you've made a decision, let us know what you think when it's arrived.

Exciting smile

Ordered the black. If I don't like it I can take it back to the store. Will let you know how it goes! Thanks for all the opinions.

MrsMcGregor Thu 23-May-13 22:00:31

Thanks Poly and Toasted for comments on strap length.

santamarianovella Thu 23-May-13 15:25:54

toasted we all know how you feel,you want a nice quality bag that will last,its not a cheap buy,so your hesitation is very understandable.

polyhymnia Thu 23-May-13 14:12:02

If you buy one online and pick it up at one of the shops you'll save postage etc and you'll be able to return it straight away if it doesn't live up to expectations.

oh god ladies why are we so weird and finicky about bags!!!!!!?? why can't i just buy one and shut up!?

thanks looby!
im no good at ebay unless it's 'buy it now'. grin

loobylu3 Thu 23-May-13 13:26:07

Black is nice too toasted. I personally prefer the navy and natural but, if you look at the stock levels on JL and HoF, it looks as if more people are buying the black.

<whispers> a couple of black on ebay at the moment.

Am still dithering...

michelleandmali Thu 23-May-13 12:17:55

Too zippy I think. It's nice but I think I'd be over it come next season. x

YoniOno Thu 23-May-13 12:06:42

Hairy bag strap doesn't go cross body sad I did some googling and it's this but hairy. As you were.

polyhymnia Wed 22-May-13 23:27:11

Alas don't have it yet - also waiting in hope of 20% off but I tried it in store and the strap sits well on shoulder and across body. I'm 5'9'

Nothing wrong with black just that other colours really nice and maybe more noticeable iyswim. Black more practical really for me. Lovely thick soft leather.

Have had my eye on this for weeks! Looks better in real life perfect size for weekends with kids. Lovely in the white but am getting the black as soon as I find a discount - did have 15% one in the post but it ran out Monday before I had a chance to get it! Hobbs bags last ages so worth it I think.

People complained about the strap length in the Hobbs website reviews of the bag - seemed to wish it was longer. For me personally, I'd prefer it shorter as I hate them banging against my leg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now