Opinions on this bag?

(106 Posts)
pictish Mon 20-May-13 22:52:12

Not unpleasant...but wouldn't be my choice.

I like itsmile but very pricy for a little bag?

certainly pricey for high street. perfect size for me though. must admit price is bothering me a bit.

all the others i like are super expensive.
this is worse than searching for new jeans!

Snowgirl1 Mon 20-May-13 23:02:20

Like the tassels. Doesn't blow me away - especially for the price.

pictish Mon 20-May-13 23:04:04

Blimey - just saw the price!
It looks like good leather...I bet it would last you for years. I don't think I'd want it for years though. My mum would've had that bag.

It's nice but very pricey for the size of it. I bet you could do better for the money

I showed dh without letting him see the price.
He said its just a black bag. Then after showing him the price he looked disapproving grin
I love bags but think it is dull tbh.

If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them!
Was going to buy Chloe marice mini but can't commit as it is a bit too small, and would have to be ideal for that price.

Would prefer to spend around £200 mark for good leather. Must have decent structure (don't like slouch much) and be small as Hobbs bag with more than one compartment. Something neat and chic, not hobo, etc.

It is driving me a bit mad.

valiumredhead Mon 20-May-13 23:25:18

IMO it's a pricey boring bag. If you are spending a couple of hundred quid you could do better than that easily IMO.

santamarianovella Tue 21-May-13 00:00:43

toasted, I would wait for the sales,good leather bags under£200, are hard to find,AH do good sales specially on cross body or shoulder bags,
The Hobbs is not worth it .

You're probably right.
If it was £50 or thereabouts I might...

Reminds me of Topshop asking near on £200 for a polyester dress because it's 'unique'. Pfffft!

SnookyPooky Tue 21-May-13 06:38:00

A fairly generic black bag really.

bigTillyMint Tue 21-May-13 06:42:03

Totally agree with valium - I bet you could get something similar for a quarter of the price!

I like it in navy. V pricey though, but if its perfect for you and a good size then worth spending to use all the time? I do really really like it actually and if I could spend that on a bag I would (as long as I am carrying things like juice and raisins for my DC though I wouldn't dare...)

I like the natural too. Nice for summer.

iloveweetos Tue 21-May-13 06:54:19

Deffo wait for sales. Agree with everyone else.

noviceoftheday Tue 21-May-13 07:17:32

Toasted, the bag doesn't do anything for me (and I love bags). The mini Marcie is v good cute though. It's about £500 though isn't it? Have you looked at banana republic, coach and aspinal? I would hold on a few weeks for sales as well as more expensive bags might be reduced (I doubt the marnie though!).

Will definitely wait - thanks everyone!

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 21-May-13 08:21:11

Have you looked at the Tenperley Somerset ones in John Lewis. Some nice ones in there.

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 21-May-13 08:21:22

temperley

loobylu3 Tue 21-May-13 08:51:37

I have seen it toasted. I like the navy, which has silver hardware and the natural. I'm not so keen on the black personally.
I really liked it and it seems good quality but I decided that it is too expensive and that I would have a look come sale time. If I had the money, I think the mini Marcie would be my bag of choice too.

I know what you mean, Looby, but the Marcie worries me because I already use a tiny fabric bag and all of my stuff rattles around in it (no interior pockets)....keys often fly out too. I'm not sure the Marice is secure, kind of frightened of my phone flying out when I run for a bus!

marcie not marice!

MrsRadicchio Tue 21-May-13 09:15:16

I actually like it quite a lot, esp in navy. Agree it is v expensive though, and wonder about quality - the high street just seems to be getting worse and worse. I'm sure it'll be in the sale though, so may be worth keeping an eye on it if it fits your criteria.

love this

PestoSwimissimos Tue 21-May-13 09:44:36

Well I've got

this one

And it's very versatile as it has detachable leather strap, so you can wear it on your shoulder or across your body, should you prefer.

It's lovely quality too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now