If you could wear one fashiony thing without judgement...

(14 Posts)
SayMama Wed 22-May-13 18:43:55

Thank you both for the tip! I'm currently on the denim jacket thread now!

FauxFox Tue 21-May-13 13:28:03

cross post Pan great minds grin

FauxFox Tue 21-May-13 13:27:29

Wear it saymama i've got a spotty viv of holloway one I wear with the petticoat and heels for special occasions and without with flats and a denim jacket any old time - a good denim jacket tones down most posh frocks for school run wear status I find smile

Pandsbear Tue 21-May-13 13:23:55

Wear those dresses when the sun comes out! Just wear them! (I wear my VoH dresses in the summer - not always with an underskirt during the day). Wear with pumps, tie your hair up/pin it up, put some sunglasses on. Works for me smile

SayMama Tue 21-May-13 12:33:01

Same as MrsBert I'd love to wear beautiful 50's dresses every day, which I know I suit but would look far too OTT at toddlers.

I've just bought this for a friends wedding and it makes me sad that I don't have the confidence to wear it just on a normal day for fear of people judging me for being a bit too try hard sad

SofaCanary Tue 21-May-13 11:57:16
FauxFox Tue 21-May-13 11:41:34

these sandals - gorgeous! or the chanel killer heels

ProjectGainsborough Tue 21-May-13 11:35:28

Oh, Yoni you've just reminded me of my neighbour when I first arrived in London. She used to trip out of the house wafting perfume and insouciant sequins at 8am. She looked so cool.

I tried and looked like a baffled disco ball. envy

YoniOno Mon 20-May-13 21:35:34

I have a gorgeous faux fur coat I want to wear all the time and have only worn once (to a wedding) - I want to wear it insouciantly in the day but whenever I try it on I feel like an idiot.

SundaySimmons Mon 20-May-13 20:54:08
MrsBertMacklin Mon 20-May-13 20:32:40

I'd love to spend my days in dresses like this instead of saving them for nights out, but I don't have the attitude (or appropriate job) to get away with it.

Leggings. My life would be 1000x easier if I could wear them.

Allthingspretty Mon 20-May-13 20:24:01

Minny mouse ears

ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 20:19:26

... or fear of it not suiting/looking silly what would it be?

For me this or these

All the time. On the school run, to work, just all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now