MN Vogue Vol 11

(1000 Posts)
Decameron Thu 16-May-13 17:03:44

Continuing from here...

santamarianovella Fri 31-May-13 14:23:53

shop im terribly sorry,your right its $119,it seems that after deleting my basket contents and trying two addresses,i got the correct quote,i called shopbop and they say that they have a problem with cookies and that they always suggest refreshing the checkout page before placing order,soooo sorry.

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 14:29:58

Don't be daft Santa Not your fault at all.
I actually really love the trousers and for some reason feel more comfortable ordering them from Matches as I know if there are any issues further down the line then they'll be more easy to deal with. So an expensive purchase but I do love them. I rarely seem to get any bargains!
For anyone who was eyeing them up they come up very big indeed. I am normally a 30 in J Brands, I'm keeping the 29s and they sit very low on my hips so they are a really relaxed, loose, comfy fit. They look fab rolled up with my Gigis and work well with my Hudson boots, I can think of loads of tops I can wear them with and I think they'll look good with my biker jacket too. I could definitely fit into a 28 and I've never been able to say that before. So, if you want to try then order one size or even two sizes down. Super soft fabric too.....

santamarianovella Fri 31-May-13 14:41:08

on the plus side if you order from matches again,you will get a winter sale code smile.

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 14:46:46

See - there's always a silver lining!

Annianni Fri 31-May-13 15:31:09

I'd love to try those Jbrands Shop, they look fab but too £££ for me at the moment.

We've been to the zoo today... it was so busy, so we didn't stay long.

My Yoox order came this morning.
Lovely Goldsign for a bargainous £49.

There was also a black Acne tee, that looked quite sheer in the crap photos, so I thought it might work for me.
But it's not sheer irl, so back it goes.

Yes the Earharts were massive too - mine are a 26 and still too big really! Those customs charges are nuts!

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 17:30:31

LK Bennett sale now on - some really fab coloured Floretes included here

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 17:31:30

Loads of ballet flats and cute t-bar sandals too.....

Managed to bag myself a DKNY square silk scarf for.......£9.70 today! Reduced massively from £65! So chuffed grin

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:03:42

That's good OneLittle! Where from?

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:10:12

I do remember Shop! I thought yep there's someone else who's as focussed as I am on the right thing grin. We bonded. How's the Matches.

Lovely colour Linus.

Bargain Anni!

Novice how are things going? Hope all is ok. What about the Atwood sandals were they fab?

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:10:43

The missing ?

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 18:18:57

Ha! Yup Marsha bonded over a quest for perfection. I emailed that store but they don't have the jumper. But I have to say, this season's colour could work well for me too.
Well I received the biggest box ever from Matches (which I sent back as I had nowhere to store it!) - bear in mind up until now I've only ever bought two tees in their sale. The cargo pants are fab. I know I said it all above but they have a great slouch to them. I hope I'm not too old to carry them off! They're so comfy I think I'll live in them. Am going to sell these to make way for them. They never fitted quite as well as I'd hoped......
Have sent back the Mavericks, and the Superga, but then reordered the Superga with a code as they will be really useful if the weather is unpredictable this summer.
Have you decided what you're going to wear tomorrow night Marsha? I need inspiration........

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 18:20:15

Great bargain on the Goldsign Anni. You're very successful when it comes to bargain premium denim.

Just bought
this from Susiesoso's shop to wear as a wrap bracelet. Met her in Leeds for a mooch and fashion talk ( and G and T) v nice lady.
Nice links all blocks ears to LK Bennett sale as spent all Ebay profits on accessories and not towards lovely leather jacket, oops

I bought, influenced by all of you fashionistas, today an item so out of my comfort zone ( big arse complex...but after killing myself for 8 months in the gym and baring in mind that life's too short for not trying some items because you've got stupid hang ups)... A pair of cropped WHITE skinny jeans!shock to wear with my new Zara floral top. Admittedly they were only cheap from Primark but I though I'd try them out before committing money to a pair I may or may not wear a whole lot.

I have also painted my nails NEON pink .....shock think either the trauma of the spanxs episode or the weather has done something to me! grin

P.s told DH I'd spent my Ebay profits ( some on a pair of N B trainers (size 12.5!!!) ) . Earlier I was checking my bank balance and saw he'd put some money in with the ref " bra and knickers" shock how will I ever look Bank Manager in the eye againgrin

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:28:01

Ok looked at the weather. !8 degrees and cloudy-ish. Hmm. It's a party so I could actually do a dress, but I'm a June tight refusenik. Which means bare legs. I could do Halston but it is rather dressy. Might be too much.

Or could black Ce Me and bright blue Kors.

I think I need more stuff! How about you?

Btw...forgot to say NB trainers for DS .....obv not 5ft 2 and a bit me!

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:28:49

Good work Dry! You definitely deserve the white skinny cropped jeans!

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 18:28:51

Vol 12 ready when we're full AND NOT BEFORE LADIES smile
here

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:29:29

Oh no am so ! that my 1s have turned to !

Marsha I love the cobalt shoes! I've missed something, where are you going?

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:32:22

A friend's party Dry. Shop is going out too, so just planning ahead.

MarshaBrady Fri 31-May-13 18:32:44

To a different thing that is.

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 18:33:04

I like both Marsha (unhelpful). Black with the shoes is winning it tho.....My legs are so bad I'm scared to bare - 3 insect bite scars and dark patches on knees from too much time with DS. Was considering this with nude Floretes but need time to fake tan. If not, buttercream coloured silk Whistles blouse, Goldigns, Floretes and leather jacket (which I pick up tomorrow)..... Only going to a Brasserie.....

shopafrolic Fri 31-May-13 18:33:45

Probably have more fun on a night out with Marsha TBH

This thread is not accepting new messages.