Tights dilemma

(19 Posts)
workhell Fri 10-May-13 21:26:46

Tights with peep toe shoes. Is it really so bad?

Can't imagine going without tights and I usually wear thigh black opaque ones!

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 21:46:30

Peeptoe tights exist I think.

The 'are tights with peeptoes acceptable' debate has raged many a time to no conclusion. Some people seem to think it's very, very wrong indeed.

ravenAK Fri 10-May-13 21:54:13

Fishnets.

<--- sad old goth.

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 21:56:18

I love fishnets, most people don't seem to 'get' them somehow.

Micronets are fab, so, so durable. They look like very fine tulle if you get up close.

JennySense Fri 10-May-13 22:32:30

Fishnet fan here too - nude micronets are great smile

MacaYoniAndCheese Fri 10-May-13 22:34:02

You can definitely get peep-toe tights. I think Spanx does them, imsc. Go on Mytights.com and something is bound to come up.

Where do you get them? And how do they solve the peep toe visible seam thing?

polyhymnia Fri 10-May-13 22:47:34

M and S have them though have never tried them myself.

MacaYoniAndCheese Fri 10-May-13 22:49:36

They're called 'toeless tights' on Mytights...here.

Sorry, I meant where do you get the nude micronets (and how do they solve the problem....)

You know, I used to do this every year until the internet taught me to fear it. Nobody ever looked at me oddly, and i never really questioned it.

Now I'm all over it, I can't not notice the toe seam glaring out at me.

The idea of toeless tights doesn't make sense to me. I mean, surely the bare toes next to right covered feet would look just as strange as a toe seam?

I don't know any more. My faith in tights has diminished. If i have to wear them these days, regardless of weather, I just choose low denier black.

tight covered feet

Ashoething Sat 11-May-13 15:47:48

I wear tights with peep-toes a lot. I have horrendous varicose veins and scars on my legs which mean going bare is a no-no. I also like fishnets-for every day I buy the cheapo primark ones in both black and nude. I have seen those toe-less tights in m&s but I just think they look odd.

Lucylloyd13 Sun 12-May-13 09:41:09

I think that nude tights, with no seam visible at the toe, are acceptable.

trixymalixy Sun 12-May-13 10:03:08

Ugh, those toeless tights are horrid! Tights with no seam at the toe would be less nasty.

Lucylloyd13 Sun 12-May-13 10:16:15

i agree that toeless tights are horrible. They look like you have put your toes through the foot of the tights, but have decided to wear them anyway!

NurseRatchet Sun 12-May-13 10:25:15

If nude tights I would probably wear the open toes ones, if you match the skintone right it's not too bad. The oiled effect ones look more natural. However I'm perfectly happy to wear black opaques with a peep toe, I know some people aren't. It's more of a deliberate "look" than trying to appear like you aren't wearing any with the nude ones!

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 18:27:09

yy, I quite agree NurseRatchet. As long as the have 'clear' tights all the way to the toe seam rather than that nasty reenforced bit.

Chandelierforagirl Sun 12-May-13 18:30:35

I've got peep toe tights, love them, from Marks and Spencers. About £5 a pair I think but they are tough and haven't run yet. The nude is so close to my actual colour I even got away with wearing them with sandals!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now