What brings out Green eyes?

(33 Posts)
iamnowawhaticallmother Thu 09-May-13 11:57:04

What tricks do you know to really emphasise green eyes?

barleysugar Thu 09-May-13 18:33:25

Purple or mauve makes me look bruised. My eyes are more aqua than full on green though. I stick to sand, coral and a rich chocolate brown.

Dollydowser Thu 09-May-13 22:10:10

I went into Rituals today to buy some new eye makeup, let the girl play around and try lots of different shades on me to see what suited me bast. I came out with purple eyeliner and a duo eyeshadow, one of which is purpley. So glad to see it confirmed here! My green eyes, if looked at under a magnifying glass, are actually blue with yellow/orange around the pupil.

BinksToEnlightenment Thu 09-May-13 22:11:02

I was going to say crying too!

But otherwise, gold eyeshadow.

OrbisNonSufficit Thu 09-May-13 22:20:17

Yeah, crying for me too. Or hay fever. Bloodshot green eyes look really green...

But that aside, I agree on the colour analysis point. When I wear the right cool clear colours my eyes look a lot greener. And wearing navy blue...

dontyouwantmebaby Thu 09-May-13 22:29:03

can totally understand the people who say purple hasn't worked for them actually, I think its cos you need to find the right shade for your eyes which can be a bit of a faff trying them all out.

some of them waaaay too dark for me and look awful but I have found muted heather shades work better, not too pale tho. Royal purple shades are a no-no for me (ones with a lot of blue in them). depending on your shade of green I suppose is a factor in what purple suits you.

Corygal Thu 09-May-13 22:56:52

Very dark purple can work too for yer smokey eye. Maybelline do a thick pencil that combines both. Keep mascara brown black, not black.

My eyes are a brown/hazel and I love purple or navy.

Green (but probably not for green eyes)
Silver/grey

radicalradish Fri 10-May-13 07:18:16

I have green eyes and use a couple of different products.

When I wear eyeshadow I use the Chanel pot with highlighter/ beige/ green and brown and use them in different ways. Usually base of cream, then brown on lower half then the green to outer edge of eye and blend.

I also use Bobby Brown gel liner in grey/ charcoal which really brings out my eyes I think. I usually go a bit heavy with this and have neutral lips.

I also find that my eyes tend to be brighter if I wear red lipstick, but go easy on the eyes.

I have tried purple but it wasn't for me. I think I was doing it wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now