fair skin...never ever had a 'red' lippy. is there one that'd work?!

(85 Posts)
iamnowawhaticallmother Mon 06-May-13 22:28:41

I have fair skin, light blonde hair, green eyes. Generally wear v subtle make up and akl pinks. I would LOVE to wear a striking lipstick.but they all look rudiculous on me. Can i wear a dark/ a red lipstick or am i forever to wear nudes?!

comelywenchlywoo Sun 12-May-13 08:45:07

sorrel you're not suggesting it was you who used the second lipstick because the tester was so yucky are you?!!!! wink

No I'm in Scotland - it must be MNers the length of the country rushing out to try Revlon Candy Apple. I wonder if Boots have notice a spike in sales?

SorrelForbes Sun 12-May-13 08:56:28

No! I just grabbed the last wrapped one grin

JustinBiebermakesmevom Sun 12-May-13 23:38:08

To everyone that has bought the Revlon Candy Apple lippy and is loving it - do you use a lipliner with it ? The problem with red lipstick I have is that when I use a lipliner it can end up looking too made up but when I don't it just looks as thought I've been eating a red ice lolly. Think I've got funny lips as they definitely need some kind of definition...I always use a lip liner with my nude or pink lippies

mirai Mon 13-May-13 02:09:04

You can use a nude lip liner with a red lippy, it'll help you look 'finished' but won't give you the bold OTT effect of using a red liner!

comelywenchlywoo Mon 13-May-13 09:15:27

I've not been using liner, but have been using the "edge" of the bullet to draw a crisper line around the edges.

HTH

mirai Fri 17-May-13 09:37:00

Just to say my Candy Apple has just been delivered and OH MY GOD I absolutely LOVE it!! It's perfect, a nice bold colour but not as matte or heavy as a lipstick, so it has a nice gloss that makes it less formal and scary to red lippy first timers!

The only problem is I think I now want the entire lip butter collection shock grin

SorrelForbes Fri 17-May-13 10:28:46

I've worn mine a couple of times this week. I do like it and I'm sure I'll wear it again but it definitely makes me look older/harder.

I read this thread and picked up a Candy Apple too! I have about 10 lip butters, but not a red one. I don't like it as much as some of my others, but it's the most wearable bright red lipstick I have, it will be lovely with a bit of a tan in summer smile

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sun 26-May-13 23:03:09

Bobbi Brown 'Red' is v.good for pale, cool skin tones.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Mon 27-May-13 00:36:38

I've recently bought Lipstick Queen Deep Red Sinner and it might actually be my perfect red, I would highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now