Bra intervention - have I got this right?

(1000 Posts)
Wenchelda Mon 06-May-13 14:02:29

Hi - I'm new, hope its ok to come straight on with a question....I Somehow stumbled across one of the bra intervention threads a couple of weeks ago and have been following them in amazement ever since.

I've always worn an A cup (32/34 pre pregnancy, currently 36A) - never been measured professionally but always done it myself based on the "add 4 or 5 inches" rule. I have pretty much constant back ache and neck pain but never ever imagined this could be caused by boobs as they really are so tiny!

But after reading your fascinating threads, I think I should be a 30/32D! My measurements are 31 under bust, 35 at fullest point when bending over to 90 degrees, and 34 above. Have I got that right? If so I am truly truly in shock that my almost-not-there boobs are a D!!

Thanks

christinecagney Sat 27-Jul-13 11:20:55

I can pull the band about 3 inches away from my body. If I scoop it all blobbles crepe-style-ee out of the top and makes me have a carry on film sort of cleavage. Mmm attractive.

SorrelForbes Sat 27-Jul-13 11:32:16

Sounds lovely wink. Ok, the band sounds a little too big and the cups much much too small so I'd try the 32s and go from there.

Spotty - 30E/F, 32E/DD

Thank you smile

fairiesinthegarden Sat 27-Jul-13 13:31:15

Thanks for the info earlier Statistically.

So I've tried 2 bras in Next in a 36F (doesn't look like they do a FF). One was padded and one wasn't, both balcony style. The padded one was gaping a bit along the top of the cup, and the unpadded one was massive all over the cup - just generally quite baggy. Should I try an E cup?

The good news is that the back size was perfect and after a good scoop my back fat disappeared as promised!! smile

Possibly - I'm not sure how standard next's sizing is so if you are ordering online I'd maybe try e and f

ILikeBirds Sat 27-Jul-13 16:55:50

Woohoo, just found bras in Tesco in a 32f that fit grin

And only 6 quid, even better.

scripsi Tue 13-Aug-13 19:20:23

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but if I measure 28 under bust and 34.5 over, what am I?

tipp2chicago Tue 13-Aug-13 20:59:30

Ok, 34.5 under my bust, 48 around shock quite saggy (always have been, not just the aftermath of pregnancy & a year bf). Kind of shallow at the top and fuller below. Nips point straight down when not appropriately restrained. smile V close together in the middle (about 1 finger width apart), and v wide rooted. I do find the Freya/Fantasie range quite good, currently wearing 36GG which I was measured for at 10 weeks post partum (this time 12 months ago, more or less) I was previously a 34 GG as measured by local independent store.

Rosie3401 Fri 08-Nov-13 21:59:56

Hi, hope someone can help. I have been wearing a 36DD but never feel comfortable. I looked at a measurement chart from a bra fitting company which stated I should be a 38A. Went to a shop, could not find a 38A, so tried a 38B. It was far too small in the cup size. I am not very well so didn't want to stay in the shop trying all different sizes so gave up and went home. I then found this thread and then I had hope again! I have measured as suggested on here and I am 32.5 under the bust and 40 across the bust. Could anyone tell me what size I should try first?
Thank you

SorrelForbes Fri 08-Nov-13 22:10:36

Hi
I would start with a 32FF.

Rosie3401 Fri 08-Nov-13 23:14:18

Thank you, I will give that a try.

AmazingDisgrace Sat 09-Nov-13 15:15:45

Elliptic, try the Nessa Matylda from brastop. Very stretchy and comfortable. Its also not cut too high near the armpit so no digging in. I'd recommend trying it in a smaller band size as its very stretchy indeed!

Curioustiger Sat 09-Nov-13 17:13:47

Hi all, can I post my stats? I have been wearing a 36d and then JL measured me with a tape measure and said 34dd / e. I then measured myself the bra intervention way and came up with 32 inches / 40 or maybe 41 inches. Does this mean I should try 32FF? I tried 32F in a shop today and to my amazement the strap fitted better than the fallback 34DD I also tried. However my boobs kind of bobbled out at each side... Under arm fat is not a good look so I returned empty handed. Should I try 32FF when I get hold of one? Also, where would I get one, are they easy to find?

SorrelForbes Sat 09-Nov-13 17:34:04

Curioustiger Yes, try a 32FF/G. I suspect a G might be a good fit and would get rid of the side bulge.

JL, Debenhams and HoF should all stock those sizes but Bravissimo is your best bet for choice.

Curioustiger Sat 09-Nov-13 17:44:48

Bloody hell! Will do and report back!

Curioustiger Wed 13-Nov-13 22:11:56

Right. I got a fauve in 32g and 32ff and an ultimo balconette type bra in 32ff. Disappointing on all fronts really... I didn't fill the cups of the G (fauve) and the balconette just looked and felt really uncomfortable (a bit trussed up) although that probably is because it was a balconette, fair enough. The 32ff fauve was a good band fit but the style was horrible. I will try again with more 32ffs ...

memz200 Sat 16-Nov-13 04:26:07

hey i need help i'm a 35 underbust and 42 overbust i normally wear a 36 b but i feel thet it's a bit loose.

SorrelForbes Sat 16-Nov-13 10:20:58

Your measurements suggest trying a 34FF. If you scoop when wearing your 36B do you get a lot of overspill?

memz200 Sat 16-Nov-13 17:45:48

yes i get a bit overspill and some wrinkles inmy boobs the cup doesn't fit?

SorrelForbes Sat 16-Nov-13 18:14:17

OK, a 36B has the same cup volume as a 34C so technically you're wearing a bra that's about 5 cups too small. I would expect there to be a lot of overspill especially after [[ http://thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html scooping]].

If, after scooping, there is only a bit of overspill, then perhaps try a 34D/DD/E but honestly, your measurements really do indicate something in the region of at least an F cup. Have you got armpit bulge/back fat etc.?

memz200 Sun 17-Nov-13 05:04:23

ok thanks that was helpful

FlamingGallah Tue 19-Nov-13 13:28:20

Hi, could I have some advice please?

As a result of this thread I've gone from a 36C to a 32G, and just bought 2 bras in Bravissimo. I thought they were lovely when tried on, but 2 hours later its chaffing under my armpits and the underwires are digging into me between my boobs and underneath.

Should I give it a bit longer, or does this mean the style isn't really suitable?

Such a shame, was so excited when I first put them on!

SorrelForbes Tue 19-Nov-13 15:36:49

Like a new pair of shoes, some bras do need a little 'wearing in'. However, it may be that these particular bras are just cut too high under the arm for you.

Which bras are they?

IWipeArses Tue 19-Nov-13 18:56:45

Ok, I've got a 38JJ from Brastop, Flirtelle. The cup looks ok, scooped etc. The gore sits flat, but I'm getting some rubbing under the boobs. It doesn't feel too tight, definitely not too big. Will it get better or is it the shape? Ta.

This thread is not accepting new messages.