Dermaflannel

(66 Posts)
thedancingboro Thu 02-May-13 18:26:09

I have heard its good (from MN) so was going to get one -- however, on the website the P&P charges are really high (for a flannel!!!) so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is available offline in any shops? Thanks!!

DIddled Thu 09-May-13 22:28:44

Cheers buskers - ordered ! Why is it that in my early 40s my skin is worse than ever- hormones- pah!!!!

chocolatespiders Sat 11-May-13 08:40:08

I have the amazon ones after finding them during discussion on the original thread. I have given a few out at work and they are loved very much.

I put my cream cleanser on then use the cloth to take the cleanser off. I am not sure if this is right as I don't have the dermaflannel so have no instructions. Very impressed though.

What's the difference between the microfibre ones and the ones you get with Liz Earle, etc (eg the ones a bit like baby muslin cloths but less rough)?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sat 11-May-13 14:28:13

I've got the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser and the loth is as you describe, like a muslin. The Amazon waffle microfibre cloth feels a little bit abrasive when you use it. I've only used mine twice and already love it. Skin feels much softer.

Ooh - I might try and get one then! I've also got that Superdrug cleanser - it's fab, isn't it?

bulletproofgerbil Sat 11-May-13 20:22:14

Been using my Amazon one for 2 nights now and skin seems softer and pores slightly smaller! Not sure if I'm doing it right at all though as no instructions. Am taking off make-up as usual and then wetting cloth with hot water and squeezing it out. Then rubbing it gently in circular motion over face. No idea how long you are supposed to use it for each time or how many times a week though? Can't seem to find much on google or youtube about useage. Am definitely carrying on with it. Thanks for recommending it.

Snog Sun 12-May-13 06:58:13

I have both the real dermaflannel and the amazon cloths. The amazon ones are less abrasive so you can scrub much more with them

PullyWoolOver Wed 15-May-13 22:01:34

Just checking in for progress reports grin. How are you all doing with the old derma flannels?

One week in and I have to say, am encouraged by what I'm seeing. Skin lovely and soft, pores and bumps still hanging in there but am quietly hopeful they are getting smaller.

Am combining with the Bravura 10% GA cream to blast the pesky dark blotches too.

Not quite glowing yet, but feel like am on the right path.

Gee I sound like a right catch don't I? Spots, pores, dark blotches and wrinkles wink

foosty Wed 15-May-13 22:23:16

just chipping in - Pollywoolover, I'm doing the exact same as you with the dermaflannel and the 10% cream and I have to say, I'm loving it. I've been using muslins for years now and do like the effect, but it's like this is much, much more effective.

I've been using it pretty religiously for about 2 weeks - at least one of the products once a day, if not both.

My skin was quite congested around my chin and I have noticed a marked improvement - not perfect but much softer and clearer. I haven't worn any foundation for well over a week - I'm just not needing it any more. It's very pleasing grin - I do still wear make-up but used to have to cover up certain areas on my face (old red blemish marks left behind after spots, and new spots) and now I just put a bit of under-eye brightener/cover-up then my blusher. So something is definitely working.

I thought the dermaflannel actually had the GA in it, and that was the difference to a regular muslin - or have I got that wrong?

Anyway, I really recommend it. It's doing wonders for me.

WileyRoadRunner Thu 16-May-13 10:40:06

I have used the dermaflannel about 3 times and have come out in LOADS of spits. My skin looks awful - don't know whether to carry on or quit sad

CarpeVinum Thu 16-May-13 10:42:26

I had to pay outside the UK super expensive postage.

Worth every penny.

Just wished I'd bought two now. I've never seen it anywhere else, and due to the postage basically doubling the cost, I really really looked hard.

EmpressMaud Thu 16-May-13 10:45:53

I've actually, and finally, managed to produce results from my dermaflannel. Really smooth skin, better than with peels I've tried. Minimal peeling too, which I'm pleasantly surprised about.

I was using it gently before, with folded over cloth. Lately have been using the cloth stretched over hand and rubbing more firmly.

bulletproofgerbil Thu 16-May-13 11:37:58

I'm using my Amazon one every night and my skin definitely improving. Pores on nose and chin seem more closed up and skin brighter and smoother. Snog as you've got both the real Dermaflannel and the Amazon one, do you think it's worth getting the real one? Do you think it has any hidden properties that are lacking in the cheapo ones?

Snog Thu 16-May-13 12:44:39

gerbil dermaflannel is considerably more exfoliating but no secret ingredient in it

bulletproofgerbil Thu 16-May-13 12:48:14

Thanks for that snog. I think I might give the real thing a go.

Sugarice Thu 16-May-13 13:01:01

The skin on my cheeks either side of my nose has become quite flakey and is making make up application difficult. Is this to be expected? the urge to exfoliate with the flannel is there but I feel it'll make my skin sore if I do too much scrubbing.

PullyWoolOver Fri 17-May-13 19:29:00

Glad to hear you're all doing well with the good old derma flan grin

Looking at my skin today, it has actually really improved since this time last week. Woohoo, this is the first thing that's had a real, proper effect on my tired old skin, tis amazing! <raises glass of wine to you all in celebration>

bulletproofgerbil Sun 19-May-13 22:22:47

How is everyone washing their flannels? Hand wash? Washing liquid/powder? I am not sure about putting it in machine with biological stuff in case I wreck its magic powers!

ggirl Sun 19-May-13 22:40:25

I've washed mine in bio wash and it's fine

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 20-May-13 10:19:18

washing is fine either by hand or machine but no fabric softener as it ruins it accord

Sugarice Mon 20-May-13 16:02:24

Bumping this for advice, I've been using the flannel for a couple of weeks now every other night.

My skin has started to flake across my cheeks and my chin has become spotty which is unheard of, I assume the flannel is dragging out impurities under the skin. I used my glycolic peel last night hoping this might shift the flakiness.

Should I give my skin a rest now from the flannel? , that's my instinct but the flakiness is driving me mad and I have an urge to scrub it away.

Any advice?

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 20-May-13 17:12:54

i use mine sparingly so would drop to 2-3 times a week. I bought some la roche posay cicplast (sp) when I got a bit flakey and sore after too much rubbing and salycic acid. its calmed down now.

Sugarice Mon 20-May-13 17:59:13

StepAway thanks for that, I'll get some tomorrow.

DIddled Mon 20-May-13 21:56:57

Hmmm been using for about 5 days- the amazon fake version. Jury still out here. I am using my son as an additional test- have give him one of his own for his spotty little teenage face (bless). Will report back!!

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Tue 21-May-13 08:55:51

didled I got some cheapy ones and gave DS one, he likes it a lot, have to say his spots are fading but could also be the spray stuff I bought him too, the one that featured in embarrassing bodies apparently, works wondrrs on his back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now