MN Vogue Vol 9

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 13:12:37

Ready and waiting for when volume 8 is full. Lurkers and newbies welcome - come join the fashion and beauty chat.

Carrie74 I can't remember who links what by the time I sit down and catch up....so I make a LIST!! <saddo,OCD,manic woman>

Here we are then;
shop congrats,twins are so lovely, really sweet news.
linus I love those two dresses....no more dresses <addicted>
foxy denim anniversary?hmm love it and really like the jacket
Paris I'd have stopped and kissed the rockstuds! grin
liberty I always hold my breath when I see toddlers running.....poor DC hope she (and you) recover soon.
Amber love the maxi dress, glad the sickness is nearly gone
QueenC I've been looking for a jersey maxi skirt in lack for ages, they are always too long for me, you need to get the length just right.
And to all the ill ladies (*Anni*) I hope you feel better soon.

I'm off to order that Me+Em dress now grin
hopes Grumpy hasn't gone for good

MrsRadicchio Tue 07-May-13 20:49:47

Anni, what size are the adenas? Am keen on them and a size 6 (on the large side) so if they are a six I would happily buy them off you.

need? Amber hmmgrin

Annianni Tue 07-May-13 20:36:24

smaller size

Annianni Tue 07-May-13 20:35:48

I'd wear the Superga more than the Adena's. And I'd like to try a smaller sife, my feet look huge in them.

Might send the Adena's back, try a smaller size then look out for the gunmetal ones or black in the sales.

Silver Superga are on their way, so I can decide in the next day or 2.

Thanks for all the opinions, think i'll take the photos down now... really don't want anyone re-pinning my white legs and bathroom floor that needs a hoover grin

And dh has just said that he doesn't know how I manage to look after the ds's without going insane.
I think he's looking forward to work tomorrow.

I like the Adenas but the Supergas are more versatile and cooler.

I like the Wing sandals a lot (but then I would), but I really need a nice black pair.

McNally Tue 07-May-13 19:42:47

Poor little ones with bumped heads. And poor bigger ones who are sick. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Congrats shop! Ahh, twins. So lovely (for other people - I can't imagine dealing with two!).

Those Adenas looks lovely Anni. Especially with the Bacaras. I tried to buy those Supergas but Matches were out of my size so good to know they come up big. How blingy are they?

Ancient Greek do some lovely sandals. Like the wings! Considering these.

carrie74 Tue 07-May-13 19:38:43

Oh, this thread moves so fast! By the time I get to the current page, I've forgotten who has linked/bought what!

Anyway... I quite liked those winged sandals, I remember them being in all the editorials, but wouldn't actually buy them lol!

Hope everyone and their children feel better [gentle hugs].

Such glorious sunshine this weekend, I really, really hope it's indicative of a decent summer...

Zatchels blue metallic saddle bag came today, and it's going to have to go back (if I can work out how). Pretty colour, obviously nicely made, but leather's just too stiff for my taste, and the inside too small (despite it looking big on the outside). Hey ho.

Amber love that dress. And good price!

Anni between the two, I think the Edelmans are slightly ahead: a bit edgier, and different, and can probs be worn with more?

LinusDKD Tue 07-May-13 19:01:36

shop congratulations!

Lovely dress amber. I am a size twelve but my arms are not my best feature so I need a sleeve of some kind, otherwise I would buy it. Especially at that price.

I hope all the little ones that got hurt today (and their parents) have a quiet night tonight.

Hopefully Tue 07-May-13 18:11:59

Big birth blood loss is horrible, takes ages to recover physically from it <voice of experience>

DS1 completely unconcerned by bruised face, but reasonably impressed with DH and my coping strategies - I bought him chocolate and DH bought him an ice cream! Am now vaguely wondering whether the next injury will be self inflicted to obtain treats...

Right, need to go and shower and change and do some client charming!

Hope mum is ok shop losing a lot of blood is scary.

shopafrolic Tue 07-May-13 17:49:33

I'm fine grin - touches wood
Coincidence One
Whoever asked, mum is doing okay I think but apparently lost a lot of blood so waiting to find out more.
After people jumped ship at the end of Vol 8 before it was full I wasn't going to set up a 10 until this was full to the brim - OCD thread filler alert

QueenCadbury Tue 07-May-13 17:44:52

shop that sounds like a healthier weight! I was worried when you said 2 lb!!

hopefully and liberty hope the dc are ok. So between us all we have d&v, migraines and our dc have a bright pink plaster cast and bruised and cut faces grin

HUh, they are the exact birth weights of MY twins shop

shopafrolic Tue 07-May-13 17:27:15

Oh, these poor little ones taking tumbles. Hope everyone is on the mend very quickly!
My MIL got the weights wrong! I thought it was a bit bonkers as she was 34 weeks! She was quoting kg. Actually 5lb 8 and 4lb 1!

Hope your DD feels better soon liberty it's awful when they hurt themselves like that sad

MarshaBrady Tue 07-May-13 17:16:35

oh no Liberty your poor dd.

Annianni Tue 07-May-13 17:12:04

Poor dd Liberty

My Adena's are here and they are beautiful. But a little big, probably 1/2 a size but could be fixed with a heel grip.
They are incredibly comfortable though, but I don't know when I'd wear them.

Ds2 keeps stroking them and dh has said he likes them more than the Superga.

I've tried them with different jeans, couldn't try them with the new Goldsign's because they need ironing and I'm too ill to iron grin

I've put photos on my shopping pin again, if anyone wants to give an opinion.

MarshaBrady Tue 07-May-13 16:36:04

Santa they are fairly thin. Also the leather is very soft and supple and it marks quite easily. So they ended up with great big holes and marks! But I suppose there must be something that can be done with the sole, I did use protector spray but next time I'd use better leather cream.

I do rejoice that my indestructible Whistles flats only cost £25 when ds2 runs over my feet with his trailer wheels.

I still would like Lanvin ones again but not to wear to the park, more for non dc stuff.

santamarianovella Tue 07-May-13 16:29:16

OMG * liberty*,that sounds scary,poor little thing,glad she feels better now,
I see your points Ani, and hopefully , and that's the first thing I thought about.
Will look throught the site again to see if I can find more suitable flats,
I agree paris,they are too expensive,but with the code I have I can get them at 30% off,which is too good to resist grin.

I hope a new thread starts soon,can't believe this one is nearly full.

Hopefully Tue 07-May-13 15:38:13

Liberty you poor DD! Both of mine have had horrible head wounds (one of which necessitated an A&E trip, which was horrible as I was away with work and so stressed about him), both recovered fine, and only one has a little scar.

Santa I love those flats, but would worry about the skull sticking up quite so much - lots of potential for being bashed?

Paris I came this close to ordering those sandals in gold (can't remember if it was earlier this year or last year) but they are so bloody expensive for flat sandals. Nice to see some that are slightly different and interesting though - most sandals are just dull dull dull.

I have clients coming this evening, and am basing an outfit around new Zara tulip skirt, maybe with waistcoat and plain t-shirt underneath, and probably with nude heels.

Annianni Tue 07-May-13 15:33:50

Is someone starting a new thread?

Annianni Tue 07-May-13 15:33:09

Gap won't refund me the difference, might re-order later depending on how I feel.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Tue 07-May-13 15:19:25

Santa Love the blue sandals, McQ flats are nice and if you wear them often for about 100 years they aren't too expensive!

Found some interesting sandals though not for me! wings?!

Annianni Tue 07-May-13 15:15:24

They look fun Santa but I'd bash those skulls getting in and out of the car etc.
But I am rather clumsy.

I've got some lovely black Prada sandals and I've damaged the toe part on the left shoe, through driving in them sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.