MN Vogue Vol 9

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 13:12:37

Ready and waiting for when volume 8 is full. Lurkers and newbies welcome - come join the fashion and beauty chat.

santamarianovella Fri 03-May-13 23:37:34

how long does it take for j.crew orders to arrive?

santamarianovella Fri 03-May-13 23:50:42

ahhhh! my ipad must be possessed.
meant to ask you grumpy if you ordered with them before and how long do they usually take,

QueenCadbury Sat 04-May-13 06:44:11

drywhite the necklace does look better on. Maybe you should try it? I'd offer but it's not my colours grin

grumpy your job sounds perfect-being a scruff half the time and wearing fabulous dresses for the other half!

liberty my children are obviously deprived. Tesco sunglasses in this house. But then they don't like anything without a chatacter so we have hello kitty, Spider-Man and peppa pig.

McNally Sat 04-May-13 07:27:40

Thanks for the Superga sizing advice Anni and Sleep. Going to get those silver ones. Just need to find cheapest source.

Impressive list Linus! Isn't it it satisfying to see it all written down like that? smile

DD's first birthday party today. I'm doing afternoon tea for everyone so better start baking. Wish me luck!

Good morning everyone! Grumpy that jcrew dress is lovely. And yy to the watch, I have that very one. It currently needs a new battery but have had no other problems with it.

Am lying in bed on phone, DH about to head out cycling so I am going to have to get up <grumpy>...

Yeah my MK watch is dodgy, has been repaired twice and the clasp keeps popping open.

Agree about the Avon lippy Grumpy, it's really excellent!

noviceoftheday Sat 04-May-13 07:50:36

Good morning all! Enjoy the birthday party McNallysmile.

Grumpy, loving all your links!

McNally good luck......my only advice is keep toddlers with cake away from carpet!!!!( OCD cleaner here!!) have a good day.
Liberty kind of you to suggest the tulip dress which is lovely too, but I'm a 10 and think their Xs is 6/8....
QueenC I'll try it on but it's the neon red as well as the size that doesn't work for me.
Grumpy do you need a side kick for posh dress days only ? grin

LinusDKD Sat 04-May-13 08:09:11

Goodmorning! Yawn! I had real trouble falling asleep last night, maybe because seeing the list of my recent purchases (McNally the list isn't even complete...) made me realise I got carried away a bit. blush

I have to receive a few more parcels but after that I have decided to have a good look at what I already have and clear out my wardrobe.

I do have some nice clothes from before I had children (some DVF, Sportmax, Theory, etc) so I need to have a look if they still fit me (probably not) and still suit me.

So I would be really grateful if someone could by this breton top in a size 3 so it is oos and I am not tempted to buy it myself.

www.asos.com/Maison-Scotch/Maison-Scotch-Bretton-T-Shirt-with-Contrast-Sleeve/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2670526

It is very similar to the pink neon one I have which I am wearing again today because it is so comfortable and easy to wear.

McNally, enjoy your DD's first birthday party!

Hopefully Sat 04-May-13 08:21:51

McNally enjoy the party!

Have just been searching eBay (as you do) for a pair of non-black zebra print leggings (there are none) and am astonished at the number of people that don't know the difference between a zebra and a leopard shock

hopefully that's bonkers!

Amber I have just looked at your pin boards and came across your "hot men" ....what a fantastic way to start my day!grin I'd recommend it to all

It's an excellent resource. I was out the other night with girlfriends and the topic turned, as it often does, to hot men. I impressed them by whipping out my phone and showing off my board.

shopafrolic Sat 04-May-13 09:31:47

Morning all.
McNally have a wonderful party!
I have the same MK watch as Amber I think this one
Worn every day since November with no issues.
Linus linking on here is a sure fire way for things to go OOS before you buy them smile

MrsRadicchio Sat 04-May-13 09:37:05

Have been trying to catch up with this thread but it moves so fast.

Hope your DD is over the D&V Queen

Shop sorry about the flats. I saw these on the plumo website (sun20 gives 20& off) which seem the right sort of shape but not print obviously.

Good shopping Linus I agree though that it can seem a bit scary seeing a list of shopping you've done. I have been photographing my purchases (nerd alert) and find it quite useful to keep an eye on what I've got. I really like that neon breton you've got.

Like your board Amber! I actually started one but have only one solo picture in it...will have to browse pin to add to it. (I love a man with a beard btw)

I am a few years behind the times but I tried on a pair of Ash spiral the other day and they were lovely. I am looking to buy a pair now, though they don't seem to be in stock many places. Hoping to get them a bit cheaper somewhere too.

Hopefully I feel like I have seen some zebra print leggings (what colour do you want the black bit to be instead?) Will rack my brain and see if I can post.

Grumpy great shopping. I like the kimono style tops you linked to. I didn't get to see your dress options as was looking on my phone then, which is so slow for links.

Does anyone have these ash trainers? How is the fit? Am considering...

Have good weekends all, bit grey here. Yesterday was beautifully sunny and the DCs and I spent 7 hours in the park!!

MrsRadicchio Sat 04-May-13 10:06:24

Santa, j crew is quick. Three days or so I'd say.

Sleep, I am with you re whistles. I've always liked their stuff but recently have found its getting pricier and more synthetic fabrics.

I had a birthday voucher I spent this week in a smash and grab session in the shop as I was with both dc. I am now on the bus heading to whistles to return what I bought! Actually the slim boyfriend jeans are nice but don't suit me.

Topazandpearl Sat 04-May-13 10:17:48

MrsR, i like those trainers (was tempted but have decided to resist!) They are here with 30% off this weekend. I will pm you the code (there are not many sizes left) in case you decide to get them. Delivery is free but you pay for returns.

santamarianovella Sat 04-May-13 10:41:40

Morning all,
Thanks mrsR, I'm looking for a lace or macramé skirt and love these two:
www.jcrew.com/womens_category/skirts/pencil/PRDOVR~67800/67800.jsp
www.jcrew.com/womens_category/skirts/mini/PRDOVR~22246/22246.jsp

I don't know if the virgin ash are different from the Eagle ones size wise, I have the Eagle and took the next size up.

Decameron Sat 04-May-13 10:57:12

Happy first birthday to your DD, McNally!

Drywhite, I have that tulip dress in a medium and it is quite loose, the XS would probably fit you. They do often do codes but nothing at the moment. Apparently they have reduced their prices slightly but I can't say I've noticed. Grrr, I missed the necklace. wink

Linus, I like your style!

I love that A-line dress, Liberty and am poised to buy but will wait for your review.

MrsR, I have those Ash trainers in another colour and they are true to size for me.

We are really tired here, up a lot in the night with DD2 who was wheezing and had a barking cough which came on all of a sudden. She is right as rain this morning though.

Decameron Sat 04-May-13 10:57:59

The DDs like to clash their accessories, Hello Kitty sunglasses with Minnie Mouse bags, etc. I grit my teeth!

Off for the weekend....how can DH ( the anti fashionista) have more clothes than me in the bag?!!!hmm

foxysocks Sat 04-May-13 11:54:52

i have the nude ash trainers - I absolutely LOVE them, coveted for almost two years before taking the plunge and buying! - they come up a little big so size down if you are a half size but if a full size take your normal one

j crew took about four/five working days for me but i did order in their sale time

i like the tulip dress too but am put off me&em having worn and washed my boyfriend tee a few times it looks like an old rag, on inspection is 100% viscose grrrrr. i paid just over £20 but they were almost £50 FP last year, appalling quality for the price.

am getting closer to hitting the button on some A Wang to try, esp as I 'saved' £130 on buying the cashmere rainbow cobalt scarf over the chan luu <frugal> <halo>

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Sat 04-May-13 12:52:39

Afternoon all.

santa I find J Crew quite good on the shipping front - I've always received my orders within a few working days, which is better than in the US - I have always had to order my stuff with a 'next day delivery' there, or you will wait for ages (and then the UPS man leaves it on the front porch for you to discover!)
Just showed DH the MK watch I want him to buy me for my birthday and he said 'do it'. That is about as much thought as I will ever get from him where presents are concerned - his generosity far exceeds his imagination!
While on the subject of childrens' sunglasses, I am a bit blush to admit I bought these for 9yo DD2. In my defence, they are very cool...

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Sat 04-May-13 13:14:15

sleep where did you get your watch? I can't find the 46mm on any site in the UK and Nordstrom won't ship it internationally (grrr). I can have it shipped to my friend in California who will send it on to me, but I don't want to wait that long!

shopafrolic Sat 04-May-13 13:16:46

Grumpy I love that phrase about DH and presents. I might have to steal! Last day with DH today before US trip sad

Annianni Sat 04-May-13 13:18:13

Hope you have a fab birthday party Mcnally

Apologies for anyone having to google 'tranny'... tranny van's must be a northern thing grin

Postman's finally been with the Asos order...

Lovely scarf it's a great size, lovely and soft and the neon stars match my neon coral jumper and neon coral tee.
Might wait until i've tried Foxy's grey scarf before making a decision though.

Amazing trainers great colour, so comfy... they're like wearing slippers. Definately want to keep these for Summer.

These Daley's could be fab... they are pale grey suede, but the coral bits (really bright neon coral) are plastic and look cheap. The heel bit on the shoe I tried was creased already.
If they made them all in leather, and cost a bit more... then they would be fab.

Neon coral nail varnish is also here... will report back later.

My silver Superga are at dhl's sorting place in Manchester sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.