What is the point of natural collection makeup?

(45 Posts)
greenteawithlemon Thu 25-Apr-13 21:05:24

I mean, who is it for?

Ie their target audience. It's surely too boring for teenagers, which is what it's price point would suggest.

NomDeOrdinateur Sat 27-Apr-13 11:45:45

Startail - your DD may like No 7 Stay Perfect eyeshadow in Wheatsheaf as it is very subtle but flattering, and always lasts the full day for me.

Another (very good) alternative is Max Factor Masterpiece Colour Precision Eye Shadow in Pearl Beige - again, very flattering and subtle but with ridiculous staying power. A tube lasts me approximately 8 months - I'm on my 3rd now!

LaFataTurchina Sat 27-Apr-13 11:12:55

We used to buy it as teenagers because to our minds it sounded a bit more grown-up than collection 2000.

Startail Sat 27-Apr-13 01:28:25

if any one can recommend non teacher offending eyeshadow that does stay put and is affordable, DD1 would be very grateful.

Doinmummy Sat 27-Apr-13 01:18:21

I use the foundation, it's great on my dry skin. Not tried the blusher but will buy some tomorrow.

Still18atheart Sat 27-Apr-13 01:06:06

Because not everyone wants to look like, they've had a professional plasterer in to but the stuff on.

Which blusher colour is good to try please?

hugoagogo Fri 26-Apr-13 12:14:17

I have their 'pollen' eyeshadow-it's a similar colour to that lemonade benefit stuff but only two quid. grin

Also good for clear nail polish and I have a bronzer too

dontyouwantmebaby Fri 26-Apr-13 11:57:18

oh noooooo! one of my top beauty secrets is the creme blusher from this range in natural glow.

it is FANTASTIC and a bargain at 1.99, it comes in a really handy little squeezy tube, there's never any waste. its easy to apply, no mess. can you tell I love this product grin

also when I was 'experimenting' make-up looks from the 1960s, I bought some of the pastel colour eye shadows in baby blue and mint green so as not to break the bank in case I didn't suit them. they were great and lasted really well once on. as someone posted above, i use the seashell cream colour as a base too, its really lovely.

that's all I've tried from this range as I already have a fave mascara and foundation that I wouldn't swap.

Minnie I use the clear mascara to comb my unruly eyebrows into place and it keeps them there.

I also use the Rosebud lipstick.

None of their make-up has any staying power but it's cheap and natural looking (for work).

Startail Fri 26-Apr-13 10:37:40

Because there are preteen younger sisters like DD2 who like to get made up who subtle colours suit.

Also there are teens like DD1 who actually like to wear subtle make up and look nice, not go to school made up for a night club in Ibiza.

pocketandsweet Fri 26-Apr-13 10:27:28

Me too. But at least it cheap!

HoneyDragon Fri 26-Apr-13 10:17:56

You know just once I'd like to be on an S&B thread where I don't buy anything blush

HoneyDragon Fri 26-Apr-13 10:16:55

<<heads off to buy pressed powder and check out figleaf>>

pocketandsweet Fri 26-Apr-13 10:07:22

Mine too. Rosebud and Fig leaf.

HoneyDragon Fri 26-Apr-13 10:05:19

The lipstick I use daily is Rosebud. When looking at Benfit cosmetics the sales rep asked what make it was.

We saw her grinning at us at the counter in Boots later that day brandishing one grin

So it can't be that bad for the price wink

pocketandsweet Fri 26-Apr-13 09:47:31

who buys it? Me. Pressed powder is good and my two most used lipsticks ( subtle my-lips-but-better colours) are Natural Collection.

HappyGirlNow Fri 26-Apr-13 07:48:39

They have a fantastic natural coloured lip liner that I buy.. Best shade I've found.

imour Fri 26-Apr-13 07:48:18

i wish some of my daughters friends would use it if its subtle , they look like pantomime dames with all the fake lashes,tans,tons of blusher , painted on eyebrows etc , im sure they will look back and either laugh or be horrified in a few years ,also wish i knew about it when i was experimenting when young blush

Picturesinthefirelight Thu 25-Apr-13 23:55:52

Some of the parents at dd's dance school who in their heart of hearts object to their children wearing make up for dance shows buy it.

I tried it once but found it was too subtle for stage lights and didnt have the staying power required.

Super drugs MUA however is fantastic.

Still18atheart Thu 25-Apr-13 23:31:23

I use their foundation all because it is perfect colour for me, everything else is too pale or too dark for me.

I also use their eyeliner and blusher regularly

The foundation is utter SHITE though. Stay away!

I use the pressed and loose powder all the time, also the eye shadows and bronzers and blushers are good.

If I could I'd buy high end make up all the time, but it's so terribly hard trying to live a champagne lifestyle on a beer purse!

Anonymous88 Thu 25-Apr-13 22:49:59

Love the blusher. It's the only makeup range that does a very very pale blush, all the others make me look like a drag queen (my colouring is literally white, lol), and not bad for £1.99 smile

MinnieBar Thu 25-Apr-13 22:44:22

Genuine question - what's the point of clear mascara?

greenteawithlemon Thu 25-Apr-13 22:41:23

Not boring at all, badguider, but not really fitting with the usual teenage marketing midis operandi, like Barry M or Rimmel, which is all bright colours and glam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now