Can you find me some swim wear?

(28 Posts)
motherofvikings Wed 24-Apr-13 16:26:14

Swimwear is needed as we are going to centre parcs soon.

I can't even decide what to buy - swimsuit, tankini or bikini confused

I'm 5foot 2, size 8 top and 10ish bottom. I have a 30dd chest and a long body but short legs. hmm my tummy is a bit wibbly and rounded with a CS overhang.

Where should I start?
I think I'll need something fairly robust for messing about with the dc in the pool/ slides.
Would I be best to hide the stomach in a cossie or brave out a bikini?
Is a tankini the way forward? Or will I forever be hoiking the top down as there may well be an annoying bit of squishy tummy trying to escape. blush

What I want is a magic formula to tell me what style to buy and then be pointed in the right direction! smile

motherofvikings Sun 28-Apr-13 07:52:10

Thanks bun!
I did look at m&s online but everything looked a bit old or too per una-ish! smile

I manage to try on the fat face ones I ordered during an unexpected trip to Birmingham yesterday. They'll all be going back! WAY too short in the body. I couldn't even touch my boobs with the swimsuit! shock I'm only 5foot 2 so can't have that freakishly long body! hmm

I did buy one in debenhams which is the best so far. It's not exactly exciting but it fits fairly well and looks robust enough for chasing the dc in the pool. It's a Maine one and had 20% off yesterday. smile
I'll try and link but on phone.

motherofvikings Sun 28-Apr-13 07:53:03
comelywenchlywoo Sun 28-Apr-13 08:40:31

At the risk of being flamed - you could look at Boden. I got a new cozie from there and it fits really nicely in the body (it has secret support), so I feel supported. It's not perfect in the cup (I'm a 30DD), but I'm happy with it. this is mine (the one the wifey is wearing in the pic), but it is a bit retro, which I love. I like that I have a bit of cleavage with it too. However, I don't think there's any risk of a boob malfunction in it!

I'm a size 10, if you're not sure and have the time, hold out, as Boden often have free delivery and free returns so then would be a good non-comitment time to try.

Worth a look anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now