So comfy, but are they awful? I think they might be....

(102 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Tue 23-Apr-13 21:23:42

I always end up wearing thin soled pumps & want something comfier, but need to know if these are ugly?

like walking on air

not so bad in pink or blue?

Oh my good god! No, no, no.
My nan has them and she is 87.
No, no, no ad infinitum.

VerySmallSqueak Tue 23-Apr-13 22:44:18

Yes,they are awful.
Sorry.

dragon

Bunbaker Tue 23-Apr-13 22:48:04

colette I tried on a pair of Sketchers Go Walk the other day. They are not the least bit stylish, but are the most comfortable shoes I have ever tried on. It was like walking on sponges.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Tue 23-Apr-13 22:48:19

Yes, dreadful - sorry.

Ginformation Tue 23-Apr-13 22:49:50

'twas me raving about Fit flop ballerinas.. They are absolutely brilliant, I have 2 pairs grin Exceptionally comfortable, even for me after spinal surgery. I think they look great with skinny jeans and I also wear theme for work.

Sorry OP, I'm not feeling the shoes in your link.

MummaBubba123 Tue 23-Apr-13 23:13:30

These also look a bit grannyish but are soooo comfy and looked chic on my Trendy Friend. I love this name now!
http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/gabor-virginia-metal-ring-ballerina-pumps/p371349?s_afcid=af_93374

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/gabor-virginia-metal-ring-patent-leather-ballerina-pumps-beige/p369720?s_afcid=af_93374

MummaBubba123 Tue 23-Apr-13 23:16:15

Ooh! Loving the Fit Flop ballerinas!

Startail Wed 24-Apr-13 10:54:50

Just avoid the WI metallic and you'll be fine.

I should add I'm in our local WI and they are a brilliant fun bunch, but metallic and a certain nasty shade of cream shoes are preverlent.

tethersend Wed 24-Apr-13 11:05:22

I saw someone wearing the tan ones on the tube yesterday- they looked great, far better than the pic.

Limoncellolovely Wed 24-Apr-13 11:07:20

Kind of depends what you wear them with as long as the rest of you isn't dressed as an octagenarian off to play crown green bowls think you will be fine. Even the glamorous Atlantic Pacific has a pair ! atlantic-pacific.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/fall-stroll.html#links wink

If you like 'em get them just wear with attitude !!!! (your feet will thank you for it)

polyhymnia Wed 24-Apr-13 11:22:52

I bought some very similar to that last year from M and S. Though I had reservations about shoes that were that cheap they seemed comfortable in the shop so thought they'd be OK for walking.

But the first time I wore them for a mild walk, they cut my feet to pieces! The rest of that morning on holiday was spent buying Compeed plasters and trainer liners - between them, not far short of the price of the shoes!

Never again.

polyhymnia Wed 24-Apr-13 12:07:27

gingormation which colour Fitflop ballerinas do you have? Do you wear them with bare feet with skinnies or nude 'pop sox ' or what ?

On metallic know exactly what poster up thread means about WI etc. I have noticed the same thing on ( not very stylish ) octogenarians at church. Sort of assuming - though I have some pewter shoes myself -that they'd passed from in fashion to so safe they're frumpy. Yet there are plenty of articles telling us metallics are in this season - and a recent thread here.

Seems metallics are a very long-lived favourite , like skinnies??

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 24-Apr-13 12:11:38

Tan loafers are fine, surely? I would avoid the colours though, they are very middle aged.

Umlauf Wed 24-Apr-13 12:19:29

The first ones in tan are nice, I would wear them with dark skinny jeans or a girly summer cotton dress. Not leggings I don't think. It's very much a case of how you wear them. I like them though, and am 26 so not too old yet!

Ginformation Wed 24-Apr-13 13:04:23

polyhymnia I have the patent inky blue and just recently bought the mink neutral leather ones. I have my eye on. the sunflower canvas too but am slightly concerning myself this is turning into an addiction blush

My excuse is that since spinal surgery I can't wear hardly any of my old beautiful shoe collection sad

Plus my feet are quite wide so the fit flop option is perfect.

polyhymnia Wed 24-Apr-13 13:15:21

Thanks Ive acquired some if the dark red patent and am sbout ti start wearing them now weather better. May I ask what you wear with them w skinnies? Ie bare feet, nude pop socks etc?

EleanorFarjeon Wed 24-Apr-13 13:17:34

I have a neighbour that wears these type of shoes and she's about 85.

I think they're gopping. Sorry.

Ginformation Wed 24-Apr-13 13:21:16

I wear with tights or those frumpy knee high nylon pop socks with trousers for work, and bare foot with skinnies.

Have never found little invisible nude socks that don't bug me by scrunching up by my toes, has anyone else?

polyhymnia Wed 24-Apr-13 13:44:35

Know what you mean . funnily enough have just dug out a pair of those things (think Mand S call them Tootsies or something cringe- making) from last summer today to wear with loafers.

They havent done it yet but day only half way through. Will see ! I think these are Falke not M and S but again need to check.

polyhymnia Wed 24-Apr-13 13:45:33

Know what you mean . funnily enough have just dug out a pair of those things (think Mand S call them Tootsies or something cringe- making) from last summer today to wear with loafers.

They havent done it yet but day only half way through. Will see ! I think these are Falke not M and S but again need to check.

valiumredhead Wed 24-Apr-13 13:49:21

I had some similar last year and wore them until they fell apart.

I will order some more when they have more sizes in.

If they are comfy, wear them! grin

valiumredhead Wed 24-Apr-13 13:53:30

Gin I am very tempted by the fit flop ballerinas.

monkeysmama Wed 24-Apr-13 13:53:41

Have you considered trainers?

Ginformation Wed 24-Apr-13 14:29:16

Do it valium ! A word on sizing, I am size 5 in fit flop sandals, but size 6 in the ballerinas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now