Honestly - am I being unfair to ds3 by dressing him in this?

(60 Posts)
MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 19:29:36

I found what I think is a super little matinee coat. It's red, very sweet and lovely to use. It's like this - well quite similar, not lacy or picot or anything.

Today I put ds3 in it (he is 3 months) and TWO people thought he was a girl! He was also wearing plain white tights I should add, so maybe it was that?

Is it wrong to dress baby boys like this? I mean maybe he looked a bit Victorian but I didn't think he'd be mistaken for a girl. he looks like a potato anyway

MooneyRara Fri 19-Apr-13 13:21:05

'The tights are outright cross dressing'?? seriously?

Mooney I know, I thought they were just practical items of clothing in chilly weather, seems I was wrong. Put your little boy in tights and next thing you know he's sat on a shoe on the roof of a pink bus..

I think it is beautiful - I love seeing babies in things like that, and romper suits!

Nicolaeus Fri 19-Apr-13 15:02:03

You cant win so put him in whatever you want.

Ds was in a white all in one snowsuit with a blue knitted hat until 3 months when out and about. Despite me saying 'he' whenever I was asked his age etc many people assumed he was a girl hmm because 'he has hair' confused

Also had lots of people asking me if he was a girl or boy...

notso Fri 19-Apr-13 15:29:05

It'll be the red, DS3 always gets mistaken for a girl when he's wearing red.

TheDevilsGherkins Fri 19-Apr-13 18:59:35

You could always stitch a Thomas the Tank Engine applique to it ...

<<runs away>>

OP H&M have leggings with feet

My 18mo DS is constantly being mistaken as a girl. hmm Even if he is dressed head to toe in blue or 'boys' clothes.

I don't think it really matters.

Trumpton Sat 20-Apr-13 04:36:24

fab boys' tights DGS wears them . He wore lots of tights when he was a baby.

CheerfulYank Sat 20-Apr-13 05:01:03

I'd definitely assume girl, but who cares? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now