What sunglasses are you wearing. Recommendations please.

(24 Posts)
foxysocks Tue 16-Apr-13 20:37:09

i'm going to bite the bullet and replace mine this year so watching with interest!

last pair I bought was 9 years ago! they are Dior and have been bashed around so much over the years and slung in my handbag. no idea how they have survived tbh, although there are tiny cracks all around the lenses as they join the frame now.

MrsRogerSterling Tue 16-Apr-13 20:36:27

RayBan Wayfarers.

YoniOno Tue 16-Apr-13 19:49:34

Some lovely rose gold and red framed aviators from New Look bought a couple of weeks back. I have a weird narrow head and most sunnies are too wide for me. And I always lose them so no point in getting pricey ones!

Ogooglebar Tue 16-Apr-13 19:02:09

Rayban Wayfarer-style ones from River Island. I don't buy expensive ones because I always always break or lose them. Strangely I never break or lose my actual glasses hmm

MadameOvary Tue 16-Apr-13 09:23:00

Louis Vuitton Soupcon GM. Six years old and still going strong. No way could I afford them now but they are built to last.

ifancyashandy Tue 16-Apr-13 09:16:42

Gold Jimmy Choo aviators. Quite big. Adore them.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 16-Apr-13 08:33:58

Trillz, I'd have taken them back saying they hurt my head or gave me headaches and got the Internet ones.

Umlauf Tue 16-Apr-13 08:30:04

I also have a big face, and collect Raybans! The best for my face as the wayfarers and club master, although I have a polarised gold pair I bought for DH (he won't wear them) that are bigger than the standard club master and more flattering. ATM I prefer my club master as they are a bit different!

RibenaFiend Tue 16-Apr-13 08:24:54

Oakley minute2.0 black with black lenses not polarised. I've had them for 5 years now and still haven't broken adore them smile

Trillz Tue 16-Apr-13 08:15:37

I spent a whole afternoon trying on hundreds of pairs. One of my criteria was that I wanted to be able to push them up into my hair and pull them down again without it catching.

I am normally an internet shopper but for sunglasses my advice is to go out into the world and put them on your face - you need to do that to see the subtle differences.

The shape that I liked best in the end was a £15 pair from John Lewis, but I'd decided that I wanted polarised so I picked a pair that I liked from Oakley (Forehand - they are biggish but not massive), said "thanks very much" to the shop assistant, went home and found that shape for 2/3 of the price on the internet.

ggirl Tue 16-Apr-13 07:57:30

primark £1

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 16-Apr-13 07:52:13

I have RayBan Wayfarers and some 70s vintage Gucci butterfly ones that I adore.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 16-Apr-13 07:42:21

I have big max mara ones, category III from tk maxx. £12.

You can't beat tk for prices on sunglasses, dh got a pair of carreras for £25, £99 on the Internet.

littlemissnormal Tue 16-Apr-13 07:02:17

I've got a big round face so I've just got myself a pair of cats eye shape black ones from Marc Jacobs.

Mrsrobertduvall Tue 16-Apr-13 06:50:11

Rayban wayfarers. Treated myself to a pair on Saturday after years of crap ones.

Rubbish prescription ones sad

RayBan wayfarers.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 16-Apr-13 05:05:45

Tom Ford Jennifers - I always come back to them.

Marylou2 Tue 16-Apr-13 03:10:33

Polarised Oakleys. Have bought other brands but comfort and quality of these are so much better. Also have rayban wayfarers admired by younger colleagues at work. I calculated that the wayfarers are older than they are! Didn't admit to it though.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Mon 15-Apr-13 23:05:53

I only ever wear rayban aviators or these FANTABULOUS fakes!

www.hm.com/gb/product/06181?article=06181-A

These ones

http://www.shadestation.co.uk/Tom-Ford-Sunglasses-Whitney-FT0009-0B5.html

I love my Rayban gold aviators. I live in them.

I'm also saving up for the Tom Ford ones someone put on here amazing.

Beaverfeaver Sun 14-Apr-13 21:52:49

I just swapped from diesel with thick black frames that I have had for years to d&g aviators with polarized lenses.

I went looking for ray bans but the d&g's had a little more to them.

Polarized lenses were a definite must for me though

Vicky08 Sun 14-Apr-13 21:49:09

Now that it's getting sunnier, I want to get a new pair of stylish sunglasses. I don't mind splashing out a bit if they look good and will last. What styles should I go for? My face is quite big IYKWIM so I'd like a big pair.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now