MN Vogue Vol 8

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Tue 09-Apr-13 17:48:53

Racked up and ready for all who want to chat style and beauty once Vol 7 is full. Everyone welcome.

foxysocks Wed 10-Apr-13 10:38:10

hopefully I wear AA leggings for yoga and agree they are excellent. i have pairs that are five years old and still going strong although a bit faded. i wear and wash 5/6 sets of yoga clothes a week so they need to be built to last.

carrie74 Wed 10-Apr-13 10:54:17

Yes, bikered out (and on spending ban until I've cleared some space in my wardrobe...), but y'know, I like to look. grin

Hopefully I quite fancy one of their longer interlock tube skirts. Quite a good price, especially if they do last. Reckon would be a good crossover piece for work and play as well. [talks self into it]

Hopefully Wed 10-Apr-13 11:01:04

Carrie I ordered one but have sent it back as it was tight (and this is from me, the queen of tube skirts). I love them because I cycle everywhere and they are v easy to cycle in! I have gone for bright red as a bit of a spring pick-me-up.

LeFreakCestChic Wed 10-Apr-13 11:04:21

I know I'm very late to the snakeskin flat party but are the M&S ones good dupes for the JVs? Also, somewhere on MN7 it said they were quite large and to size down...? Have no will / time to go through all 1000 posts to check!

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 11:09:12

Ha it's harder to find stuff in a back catalogue here than it is in Vogue. grin

I think so, but Liberty and Shop will know.

I'm also wondering if there are any codes for The White Company? I need more sheets!

And are you all getting American Apparel at sale prices?

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 11:10:08

Oh Sleep what an eventful start to the holiday! Glad everyone is ok. And it sounds so lovely.

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 11:12:26

Foxy go friend! Let us know if she gets it. grin

carrie74 Wed 10-Apr-13 11:16:02

Sale prices Marsha? Tell me more grin

The White Co drives me mad, codes all the time, except for when I actually decide to buy something. Begged in the shop once and they gave me 5% off - better than nothing.

Annianni Wed 10-Apr-13 11:20:11

Thanks Foxy, I would have ordered the grey Superga but 6 is oos sad

My AR order is here, the Petit Bateau pea coat is very nice, lovely feel to the fabric.
I'll try it properly later.

Not keen on the spirals though, they are such a pale colour, I'd trash them within a week and they feel very wide round my ankle.
But I have only tried them with my Hudson bootcuts rolled up.
I'll try them later with skinnys to see.

But... they don't look as nice as the horrigans did sad

My asos grey coats are out for delivery and I want to go to the zoo later.
So I hope it comes soon.

Lefreak, Shop and Liberty have both sized down in those shoes.

And I somehow lost 3/4's of a pound yesterday. So i'm up to 4lb loss in 6 days grin

Annianni Wed 10-Apr-13 11:21:56

Well done on the outnet bargains Amber envy

And good luck to Foxy's friend and Mr Shop.

carrie74 Wed 10-Apr-13 12:04:22

Anni Don't know if you'd looked at these, but are they an alternative to the Horrigans?

Ash

carrie74 Wed 10-Apr-13 13:43:35

Hah! Marsha, I've just been sent a White Co code: 15% off orders over £75 (10% orders under £75) plus free delivery: Q3A03

QueenCadbury Wed 10-Apr-13 13:49:03

hopefully you've just opened up a whole new shopping world for me with AA. It had never really been on my radar before despite there being one in Bristol.

sleep hope the rest of your holiday is more relaxing!

anni am envy of unique weight loss. Was hoping to lose all my Easter egg excess weight but I'm so premenstrual at the moment that I'm literally eating my body weight in chocolate.

QueenCadbury Wed 10-Apr-13 13:49:45

Eh, where did 'unique' come from. Bloody iPad.

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 13:57:50

Same here Carrie I get bombarded with White Co emails then can never find one when I want something grin. But thanks I got that too! Not sure if it will be over £75. Any advance on 15% greatly appreciated. wink

I used to think that American A didn't go on sale, but maybe it does and I just missed it. The Little Fashion Gallery has an A A outlet but sizing might be hard to work out. It's fab for the dc, I only buy when in the sales as it's ££ for children's clothes.

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 13:58:50

Anni Well done!

Corygal Wed 10-Apr-13 14:06:40

There's loads of AA on sale on Amazon. Lovely soft yellow tees for two quid, etc.

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 14:30:24

Ah yes, thanks that might be easier.

MrsRadicchio Wed 10-Apr-13 14:31:49

Hey all, hope everyone is enjoying the better weather. It is good to be able to plan some different outfits, rather than the old coat and jumper look! I am keen to give my new veja trainers an outing. Annoyingly they are quite a bit cheaper now than what I paid, grrr.

They have also led me to think that I do need a pair of black coated skinnies to wear with them - any recommendations?

Sleep that sounds like a very traumatic day, your holiday can only get better now I hope!

I do like American Apparel too, have that tube skirt. Impressed you can cycle in it Hopefully or are you not talking about the maxi one?

Asos do AA, sometimes on sale too.

MrsRadicchio Wed 10-Apr-13 14:47:27

Oh shop I will link to ebay tweed jacket, once listed. I think it'll only be a whistles one I'll be selling in the end.

foxysocks Wed 10-Apr-13 14:59:28

Love those MrsR they are on my trainer short list!

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 15:04:16

Love those MrsR!

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 15:08:50

Think I want some too now. Eek

MarshaBrady Wed 10-Apr-13 15:30:32

A A here too.

shopafrolic Wed 10-Apr-13 16:38:22

carrie74 I mentioned the Fold last issue but no-one picked up on it. I really liked some of their stuff. If I was office based would definitely dabble.
sleep not a good start to your holiday! I hope things are improving and that the sun carries on shining.
LeFreak I half sized down but must have tried them when my feet were cold as they felt snug when i put them on this morning. Now I reckon I'll need to wear around the house with some shoe stretcher..... (I've already taken the tags off!). So for me as a size 40 in Ash Jalouse, Bowies etc, I should have got a 7.5 but actually got a 7....
Anni I'm v impressed with the continued weight loss! Well done!
AndiMac welcome or name change?
Love those MrsR - my coated skinnies are cheap as chips Oasis ones

In other news DH has a job interview on Tuesday which sounds v positive (mustn't jinx it!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.