Rose scented perfume.

(85 Posts)
CanAnybodyMakeSenseofThis Sun 07-Apr-13 18:51:41

Could any of you fine ladies recommend one please?

Cheers m'dears.

AphraBehn Sun 07-Apr-13 21:51:05

I wear Paul Smith Rose or Stella Sheer. Try Rose The One by D&G. One of the Bvlgari Omnia perfumed has rose tones as well.

UserError Sun 07-Apr-13 22:33:06

I love Paul Smith Rose, but when I ran out I couldn't afford more, so I'm currently using a Boots rosewater cologne that almost cost pennies! It's really nice but doesn't last though.

chickydoo Sun 07-Apr-13 22:37:56

Jane Packer does/did a lovely rose perfume, also dyptique. I have a roll style perfume pen in rose....gorgeous

I recently discovered Persian Rose by Pacifica at my local health food shop. Starts out very sweet, but ends up quite musky on my skin. I have hunted high & low for a decent rose scent that isn't really synthetic & actually smells of real roses. It is the best I've found!

Ooh will have to try the Boots rosewater.

Turquoiseblue Mon 08-Apr-13 08:33:56

Can't believe no one s suggested Chloe .... It s very 'rose' IMO smile

ChocsAwayInMyGob Mon 08-Apr-13 08:36:24

You could try Yves Rocher Rose Absolue. It's excellent and reasonably priced. A really beautiful rose scent.

UserError Mon 08-Apr-13 12:42:02

All of these are going on my 'To try when I have money' list.

Jacksterbear Mon 08-Apr-13 12:45:20

Another vote for Chloe!

StuffezLaBouche Mon 08-Apr-13 12:46:54

Lola by Marc Jacobs is quite rosy. Also, Oh Lola, which is kind of the lighter, fresher version. I prefer the normal though. Both lovely anyhow.

pnin Mon 08-Apr-13 13:39:12

Do you want a rose soliflore - a natural recreation of a flower's scent - or a perfume based around rose?

If the former I can recommend Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose and Sonoma Scent Studio's Velvet Rose. I also have Annick Goutals' Rose Absolue which is beautiful

There are some cheap thrills in the rose area, with Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose and Yves Rocher Rose Absolu.

Rosine perfumes are by a French perfumer and all hers are based around rose, and you can get a discovery set. I have Folie de Rose and Rosa Flamenca

I don't own Paul Smith but remember sniffing it and its fresh and green. The Malone one is pleasant but thin and no sillage (unlike the lutens one)

If you like your rose dirty try Montale's Black Oud

My least favourite is Stella - Luca Turin described it as created by committee for a woman who doesn't like perfume.

kiwigirl42 Mon 08-Apr-13 13:47:59

I love Lipstick Rose (link to Les Senteurs). Its roses and violets and smells like old fashioned make up. A real love it or hate it perfume

pnin Mon 08-Apr-13 13:48:27

ooh, I forgot two of my favourites - Malle's Une Rose and Andy Tauer's L'Air due Desert Marocain (he does a few rose based perfumes)

ChocsAwayInMyGob Wed 10-Apr-13 11:08:31

You could also try Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin. It's VERY rose, with a hint of pepper.

BanoffeeSplitz Wed 10-Apr-13 20:44:24

I love the pureness of Paul Smith Rose, also a big fan of the Lyn Harris Rose scent at Marks & Spencer, which I think is quite ferny & not too flowery.

YSL Paris is a classic rose scent (if I've got the right one).

Intrigued by La Fille de Berlin - that sounds interesting.

CointreauVersial Wed 10-Apr-13 23:35:43

Hey, perfumistas. wink

Une Rose by Frederic Malle, or Rose Chypree by Tauer are probably my faves, but the Occitane one is lovely, and more affordable.

pnin Thu 11-Apr-13 11:23:31

Fille de Berlin is lovely, bought a full bottle after testing

cahu Thu 11-Apr-13 11:41:48
MinesaBottle Thu 11-Apr-13 12:56:00

Seconding Une Rose - it's lovely. I also love Rossy de Palma from Etats Libre d'Orange...it's not a pure rose scent but a bit edgy with a kind of metallic hint - love it though, I wear a lot of different perfumes but I'm on my third bottle of this one which is rare for me!

Gerrof Thu 11-Apr-13 12:57:46

Oh I was going to start a thread just about the subject.

I have suddenly got a real liking for rose scented stuff, but I don't want anything too floral or sweet. I generally like only Guerlain perfumes - so heady and layered. Is there something like a dirty rose smell?

MinesaBottle Thu 11-Apr-13 12:58:00
MrscremeEgg Thu 11-Apr-13 13:01:50

Crabtree and Evelyn do a nice rose parfum.

seeker Thu 11-Apr-13 13:02:54

Has anyone said Lush? They have a lovely rose one. And it doesn't hit you over the head with a mallet, like many of their scents.

MinesaBottle Thu 11-Apr-13 13:03:27

Gerrof Une Rose is quite 'dirty' - not right at first but as it dries down you get this gorgeous earthy note that really feels right with the rest of the fragrance. It's very layered despite the name making it sound like it might be a soliflore.

Gerrof Thu 11-Apr-13 13:03:34

Oh I have just seen Montales rose oud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now