Hen night... Help!

(14 Posts)

I reckon feeling 'grown up' is over rated anyway wink

dizzymac Sat 06-Apr-13 17:03:58

That's good to know. I keep thinking that when I "grow up" I might feel more comfortable in my own skin.

I'm one to struggle when dressing for social occasions as well, I have tons of casual stuff but the minute I have to dress up, even a little bit, I panic. You are not alone smile

dizzymac Sat 06-Apr-13 17:00:54

I'm starting to feel a bit better now. In case you haven't noticed Im not great at the whole social thing.

It would definitely 'do'. All the better if you'll get wear out of the clothes on other occasions.

dizzymac Sat 06-Apr-13 16:58:52

Thanks. All those sound like good ideas.
Do you think pencil trousers, heels and a nice top would do?
I could wear all those again.

2fedup Sat 06-Apr-13 16:57:10

this is rather lovely.

Or all saints would be nice with big accessories.

pencil skirt, blouse and blazer type jacket perhaps?

Hetaera Sat 06-Apr-13 16:46:48

Or some skinny jeans, heels/ankle boots and a 'snazzy' top + glossy blow dry if you didn't fancy a dress.

dizzymac Sat 06-Apr-13 16:46:04

Thanks. That's what I've been looking at but I just look like a sack in them. I know I need something other than my usual Fat Face style but I feel a bit like a fish out of water.
I like the idea of the blow dry and shoes though.
Thanks

Nice dress, wedge shoes/boots and a clutch bag? Blazer if it's chilly?

Hetaera Sat 06-Apr-13 16:42:56

A nice dress? Shoes that make you feel glam but that you can also walk and dance in.
ASOS have a fantastic selection of midi dresses at reasonable prices and you can sort by colour etc.

Hybrid dresses are rather lovely grin

If you can afford it, I would book in for a blow dry so that I felt extra 'groomed' and going out-y.

dizzymac Sat 06-Apr-13 16:30:12

Shameless bump. Getting a bit desperate

dizzymac Sat 06-Apr-13 16:08:02

I've been invited to a hen night later this month. I have NO idea what to wear.
I NEVER go out and don't have anything that I don't wear to work or at the weekends. (Other than a couple of wedding outfits gathering dust).
Its not a mad do, just friends for a meal and club.
I'm 39, 5"6 and a size 10/12 with mousy hair and very pale skin. Everyone else will be around my age.
PLEASE can anyone point me in the direction of what to wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now