Help for dd2 please

(159 Posts)

DD2 is 15 and a complete and utter tomboy. She needs 3 things and I need your help please to find them!

1) a facewash for spotty teenage skin that won't tear her face to pieces
2) a tinted moisturiser or foundation which won't turn her orange
3 - and this is the biggest and most terrifying one) a prom dress!

Help please. This is the girl who lives in too big jeans, men's t-shirts and hoodies and refuses to go clothes shopping, ever. Agh!

Thanks, Rooty.

Well, we've been to town today and managed to get a dress AND shoes AND shoes for dd1, all in the same trip! It was far, far easier than I thought it would be too.

Can't find it online but it was on the sale rail in Oasis and is just a v fitted black 50s style, just above the knee. She's got polka dot wedges to wear with it and we'll find her a zany clutch of some sort in another trip.

We also got some super pale foundation.

Thank you very, very much for all of the help. smile

Found it It looks lovely on her.

JoyceDivision Mon 08-Apr-13 20:57:59

that's a lovely dress, very understated and your DD can funk it up or down for loads of different occassions!

Could def see a pair of these shoes with it!

Have a lovely prom night RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie's dd grin

Aww thank you. smile

She chose thse shoes and we're going to look for a bright clutch, we think. Lulu Guinness would be good, if we were rich!

roughtyping Mon 08-Apr-13 21:16:09

Fab! So glad she found something.

Feel smug that I suggested/love oasis now! grin wink

JoyceDivision Mon 08-Apr-13 21:26:22
JoyceDivision Mon 08-Apr-13 21:28:23

oops, sorry, last one was supposed to be this here

Not all of those links are working for me, Joyce, but deffo on the right lines from what I can see. I guess it will depend on what colour hair she decides on too!

Thanks for the help, Roughty. smile

So re bags -

if red hair - red bag or bright pink maybe?
if white blonde - bright blue maybe?
if blue - presumably blue?
if purple - bright pink or purple?

What do you think?

To whoever recommended little mistress , thankyou !
I we ordered DDs prom dress dress on Tuesday , and it arrived today ( Saturday ) and it's lovely !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now