Are Radley bags really so awful?

(133 Posts)
HarrySnotter Thu 04-Apr-13 17:24:39

DH bought me this bag for my birthday. I actually really love it but a 'friend' (work colleague really) has informed me that Radley are totally naffola and that everyone will now think I have no taste.

I don't normally give a toss what other people think of what I like or if I have taste or not (I probably don't!) but I'm actually a little hurt because DH put a lot of thought into it and got me one he knew I'd like. Which I do. I don't really know why I'm bothered, I suppose I just feel that she's pissed on my chips a bit. sad

www.radley.co.uk/rockland-broad-large-workbag

BranchingOut Fri 05-Apr-13 17:48:02

Nothing wrong with that bag - something probably wrong with her though!

Talisin Fri 05-Apr-13 18:14:06

As everyone has already said - it's a lovely bag from, obviously, a lovely man. Ignore the idiot from work. If she judges 'taste' by a label then she posesses none herself.

scarlet76 Fri 05-Apr-13 19:36:48

Like anything, it's a question of personal taste. But yes, how utterly rude of this person. Waste no more time and enjoy a bag you love!

MadameOvary Fri 05-Apr-13 19:50:56

Meh to Mulberry Bayswater bags. I sold mine as they are everywhere now. I would happily carry your bag.

nellyjelly Fri 05-Apr-13 19:55:31

Pah. It is lovely and most importantly you like it.

I like Radley and have a couple. also have a couple of Cath Kidston bags and am told she is very naff but i like them and they are practical.

Don't care what others think about my handbag choice!

CloudsAndTrees Fri 05-Apr-13 20:27:09

Radley bags are good quality, and I think anyone that says they Don't like an entire range of completely different products is talking rubbish anyway. You might it like the brand, which is fair enough, but when a brand like radle has such a huge range, how can people not find at leat one or two things that they do like, even if they would prefer it to be a different brand? It makes no sense.

I also think that people who stick to a brand for the right reasons and don't go off it just because it has had a few months of being the in thing and then gone slightly out if fashion, come across as a lot more confident and secure than people who would avoid a brand because of that.

Ouchmyhead Sat 06-Apr-13 00:33:09

I love Radley! Sod your friend, it is a lovely present! I have a Radley purse, suitcase and over night bag (all presents!) I love them!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 06-Apr-13 09:46:08

She's not a friend, she's a frenemy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now