Your Pinterest

(68 Posts)

I'm really interested in locating Pinterest fashion/style boards created by people over 30-35. Is this the right place to share? I found two mumsnetter's Pinterests via old threads today and really enjoyed them, so would love to see more!

Can we share?

freddiefrog Wed 03-Apr-13 20:05:55

This is mine. I'm 37. Bit of a random collection though

pinterest.com/reavna/

hattymattie Wed 03-Apr-13 17:46:04

Don't have pinterest but very much enjoying this.

remus those brown bikers are to die for. smile

HolyMackerel Wed 03-Apr-13 17:13:56

I only have lots of scarves on my board as I get horrible photo-sensitive eczema on my neck in the summer, which I need to cover. I struggle to look stylish wearing one, but hope to look a bit better this year!

TheDevilsGherkins Wed 03-Apr-13 13:05:33

I am now RemusLupin'sBiggestGroupie's Biggest Groupie

Sarahh356 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:44:57

I don't have, but I found this random, it's actually a nice one, love the babies, beauty, outfits and people boards!!!
I don't know how to put the link through a word, sorry! sad bit.ly/XPd8FB

smellylittleorange your link isn't working! Can you try again?

I sometimes struggle too, because many elements of a certain style are obviously not going to suit us all - scarves make me look a bit squat, and when I take them off I suddenly look all elegant once more (ok, less like a flump), so not sure if they even suit me to begin with. I try to wear really narrow, light silk ones so that they don't overwhelm me.

If you like print, go for it. There is no requirement to abstain - if you really prefer the minimal look then maybe keep the patterns restricted to accessories only, or wear a printed top with a sleek blazer/jacket, etc.

As for norks and arse: make the most of these, I have neither! A lot of people complain that the 'polished' look requires a certain boyish body type but I don't agree. The shapes often swamp me and I feel ridiculous. My sister on the other hand (slim but curvy with norks and hips) tried on my old Toast tweed blazer last week and it literally blew my mind how awesome she looked. I had been making it look shit since 2010. Ah but we all want what we don't have!

Oh and I have norks and a bottom and thighs - lots of em

TBH with you all am struggling - whilst I love the groomed /polished luxe look skinny jeans/ boxy blouse t shirt /nice scarf blazer to look at - it really is not me - I like a bit of print and pattern and vintage nods but without overdoing it . Please point me in the right direction people. I love your boards "remuslupins" but i kinda knew I would !

Here is mine v much in progress but thought it polite to post as I am just about to follow y'all.

Am 35

pinterest.com/sequino/boards/

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 10:36:54

Here is mine. I'm 31. I've got separate ones for different hair lengths, nails and style. Slightly obsessed...

here I am, I am 40 smile

Gorgeous boards toasted

Pin from me very welcome to follow smile

libertychick Tue 02-Apr-13 22:58:12

Thanks Toasted smile

Ta, Liberty!
I don't seem to suit stripes for some reason, but I do love them. My faves in the past were from Aubin&Wills (sadly closed). Asos carry high quality breton tees by Armor Lux, but not sure if there are any in at moment.....might also sell through Urban Outfitters. Definitely a popular choice, although mine ran a bit short in the body.

I actually like the look of the recent Boden stripe tees but not tried them. I'm a fan of the dip hem!
I have a grey/white one by Toast which is amazing and thick, and hangs better than any other I've owned.

Saint James also another top quality breton brand, and some really decent cotton ones at Jack Wills (without logo) sometimes, too.
I'd avoid high street stores if you want the heavy quality cotton.

libertychick Tue 02-Apr-13 21:21:01

Toasted those tumblr links are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them.
Given your love of the breton can you let me know your favourite brands/best shops for them - I am looking for a new one (or two!).

Thanks Novicesmile

OMG no, don't be fooled, I only have a nice living room! The rest of this place needs attention grin
And sadly no, no little ones yet.

noviceoftheday Tue 02-Apr-13 08:45:18

I agree with QueenC, your images are lovely Teacakes.

AntPants1 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:29:34
AntPants1 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:29:10

Here is mine

http://pinterest.com/pin/41165784066487133/

QueenCadbury Tue 02-Apr-13 08:24:32

teacakes I still don't really understand what tumblr is (and nor do I want to as I will lose more hours of my lifegrin) but you and your images are gorgeous. Do you have kids? If so how is your house so beautiful??

CeeceeBloomingdale Mon 01-Apr-13 22:44:57

www.pinterest.com/loumaxi I'm not very interesting though

Thanks for sharing everyone, I think i've added all!

libertychick, if you like pinterest......here lies another addiction! Here is mine:

dansedelune.tumblr.com/

I've been there a few yrs so have a lot of other tumblrs which I follow (and who follow me), and tend to reblog images which belong to whatever particular aesthetic floats your boat. It isn't just for style, there are millions of tumblr blogs for all manner of topics, but I mostly use mine for fashion related stuff.

If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a network of blogs where people 're-blog' images which inspire them. Or you can upload your own content. Once you start it is difficult to stop! It is different to Pinterest because you can chat with other bloggers, but works in a sort of similar way.

If anyone is interested in Breton tees, I also run a tumblr dedicated to them here:

la-mariniere.tumblr.com/

Hello, am Purple Flyer on Pinterest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now