Pricey ... But wow...

(84 Posts)
cockatoo Sat 30-Mar-13 05:55:57
happymundanes Wed 03-Apr-13 15:23:56

I declare it pretty much idiot proof.

NumTumMum Wed 03-Apr-13 15:27:23

Ooo RubyrooUK you are living my life! Although my baby is 4 months. But social life still pants. Certain of my friends have given up talking to me as they cannot cope with me being unable to finish sentences for interruptions. Bah. Anyway, You must get one because it is essential to look fabulous at playgroup, the health visitor, the gp and the supermarket. Think of all the money you have saved by not going out. That can all be invested in a Babyliss.

*Disclaimer, I do not work for Babyliss.

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 15:30:48

You would not believe how many Babyliss hair gadgets there are underneath my bed. It's getting ridiculous and they are so huge and bulky. I have the BBH, the heated rollers, a hair wand, straighteners and a large barrelled curling tong.

And yet I already have naturally curly hair. What's wrong with me?

<puts Perfect Curl thing in shopping basket>

RubyrooUK Wed 03-Apr-13 15:39:32

Thanks NumTum. That's the kind of encouragement I need to spend my crappy statutory maternity pay on Babyliss hair curlers rather than food. grin

Oh bugger it, the toddler pretty much refuses to eat anyway so I don't need much money to feed him. I am sure both boys would benefit from a mum with bouncing hair. It would probably save them years of therapy or something.

Now, where is the best place to buy this amazing contraption?

happymundanes Wed 03-Apr-13 15:39:43

Fluxedo, this time it's going to be different...<eyes new purchase with misty-eyes>

SherbetVodka Wed 03-Apr-13 15:42:29

Same here fluxedo, I have the BBH, the root boost, a curling wand and wet to straight straighteners. The only one that wasn't a complete waste of money was the BBH blush

NumTumMum Wed 03-Apr-13 15:54:12

Who needs food pah. grin

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 15:56:06

What is this root boost you speak of Sherbet? Why don't I have it? To be fair, I do use most of my gadgets and they've all been worth the money once I've got the hang of them. I'm not great with the heated rollers yet, they give me weird messy roots.

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 15:57:36

Exactly happy, I'm assuming the Perfect Curl will give me perfect hair every day and take 10 seconds to use. Right??

SherbetVodka Wed 03-Apr-13 16:21:19

The root boost is an utter waste of time Flux, although it sounded amazing (don't they always though!).

Perfect Curl on the other hand, looks life changing... <defrosts credit card>

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 16:26:14

I really need to persuade a friend to buy this so I can try it first...all my friends have far better hair than me though and don't need it sad

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 16:32:04

Thanks for the root boost info btw Sherbert. It does look like a bad idea. Yet I'm still slightly tempted confused

TheRealFellatio Wed 03-Apr-13 16:45:39

I want.

Pinkflipflop Wed 03-Apr-13 16:52:33

I love the idea of spending SMP on the babyliss gizmo instead of food!

I need one of these.

I want curls in my hair, but my brain just doesn't "do" things like this, so curling stuff just baffles me.

Is it idiot proof?

MadBraLady Wed 03-Apr-13 17:06:28

Oooooh, now I was thinking of buying the BBH. Should I just go straight to this? Has anyone used both? Sali H seems to think BBH great but this even better. Hmm.

MikeChoccyCoatedLitoris Wed 03-Apr-13 19:21:59

I need you to come back and tell me its crap.

Either that or help me think of reasons I need it for my birthday this month.

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 21:05:47

MadBra I think you need both grin The BBH doesn't give you curls, just bouncy salon blowdry hair - lots of volume but smooth rather than curly. The Perfect Curl is for actual curliness.

shopalot Wed 03-Apr-13 21:23:08

I got it for my birthday from QVC and it is amazing. Totally fabulous and that is coming from someone with really straight hair that has never curled well before, ever.

PebblePots Wed 03-Apr-13 22:42:19

How is this different/better than using straightening irons to make curls? smile

Startail Wed 03-Apr-13 23:05:01

No, no, no, DD2 doesn't need to find another curling gadget to list after.

Anyway this one is too ££££, has too much tangle potential and is too bulky for her not that long hair.

She'll have to stick to using DD1 and my old crimpers, a single bars led curler or her fancy triple barelled present of granny.

happymundanes Thu 04-Apr-13 13:54:18

I tried mine out properly this morning, after the BBH and am still very impressed, have lovely curls.

However,

MASSIVE tangle potential in the wrong hands. Like mine. I got a huge clump stuck in the barrel and had to yank it out. Entirely my fault though, as after I read the instructions I realised I was using it upside down.

I have very thick long fine hair and I have found that just clamping the lower part of each section I can get big bouncy curls without a bouffant top.

is it not easier to do a sock bun?

RubyrooUK Thu 04-Apr-13 22:22:57

What is a sock bun?

hedgefund Thu 04-Apr-13 22:29:45

ooh looks good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now