White stilettos

(28 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Thu 28-Mar-13 15:30:52

I'm very tempted - anyone got these or any similar?

BrunellaPommelhorse Thu 28-Mar-13 22:14:30

OOh steady.
If platform same colour I'm spinning it out.

noddyholder Thu 28-Mar-13 21:58:57

I agree all my platforms bar one pair are in the charity shop. Look so dated and ugly now

Fuckitthatlldo Thu 28-Mar-13 21:56:43

I'm pleased about the move back to thinner soles too WhoKnows. Those huge platforms built in to facilitate extra high heels are actually quite ugly I think. Unwalkable in too for the most part.

Manolo Blahnik was apparently horrified by the built in platform trend and refused ever to make a shoe like it. There's a useless factoid for you. Bet you all feel much better for knowing that grin

PenfoldRocks Thu 28-Mar-13 21:52:40

They have some but with a v small platform in HM sale, was tempted but on spending ban

Sudden vivid memory of white shoe polish for my school Dunlop green flash. grin

I think, with all the monochrome around at the moment, these are going to be everywhere - the next step on from nude heels. I would wait and get a lower pair, those are seriously high.

BrunellaPommelhorse Thu 28-Mar-13 21:39:33

Yup. But I couldn't wear today. Just too too colc

noddyholder Thu 28-Mar-13 20:57:13

Saw a pic of some with stone slim trousers looked great I have the mango ankle strap ones love pointy but I also love bare feet!

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Thu 28-Mar-13 20:38:53

I used to wear them back in the 80s and scuff marks came off pretty easily with Clarks white shoe polish.

I like the move back towards thinner soles and pointy toes but sadly my back won't let me get away with heels very often now, so I just look and admire. I am possibly too old for white I think now.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 28-Mar-13 20:27:58

I wondered that too Whoknows.

And yes the getting them dirty thing would be a pain. But for me they'd be 'going out' shoes

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Thu 28-Mar-13 20:16:22

I am puzzled at the instruction "Do Not Wash" on the Top Shop ones. Really? Do people put leather shoes in washing machines?

Fuckitthatlldo Thu 28-Mar-13 20:09:36

I really think that well styled, white high heels can totally transcend their tacky reputation.

Can't remember where I saw it, but on a style blog recently there was a woman wearing them with a black and white monochrome outfit and they looked really stylish. I also think they could work with a jeans and blazer type combo.

My main worry would be that I would filth them up in about two seconds flat.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 28-Mar-13 20:08:54

Would need tanned feet to wear them I reckon - goosepimples and purple flesh just not going to work with white stilettos.

AphraBehn Thu 28-Mar-13 20:08:49

I live in Essex. I dare not go near this look!

polyhymnia Thu 28-Mar-13 19:49:12

Had an email shot from L K Bennett today of some clearly very on trend and well made white pointy high-heeled courts.But it's no good - I'm of an age to have worn white high heels and then to have come to think them very naff - and now I just can't get over it. Wouldn't say I'm usually set in my ways but I clearly am on this one!

Wearing pointy shoes and bare feet as we speak - I am alive!

NinaNannar Thu 28-Mar-13 18:23:55

( oh and STAND up all day )

in.. er ... a portakabin

NinaNannar Thu 28-Mar-13 18:23:37

i WISH that all of fashion land had to spend a week being smart casual no denim for work wear.

then bloody try and look on trend

NinaNannar Thu 28-Mar-13 18:22:57

oh I am BORED of people in bare feet and heels

NO ONE In real life can do this

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 28-Mar-13 17:24:38

You see this is how I'll look in them.

Yeap just like that wink

I've got some very pointy Kors ones in snakeskin I got in NAP sale last year but its just too cold for bare feet at the moment and possibly until May according to the weather forecast sad

NinaNannar Thu 28-Mar-13 16:51:56

YUP - THE RI ONES BEING lower are far more wearable I feel.

Have you not had a pair before MrsCB? It is your heritage.

I love a pointy shoe, round toe too k-middy for my taste. My Pigalles could have your eye out.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 28-Mar-13 16:51:08

the RI ones are gorgeous.

I would ideally like a smidge lower for wearability but am guessing loads will be coming into the shops soon.

Also not sure if topshop come up big or small as I'm a very small size 3 [trotter feet]

QueefLatina Thu 28-Mar-13 16:43:02

I have been thinking about getting these for weeks but I know I would trash them

NinaNannar Thu 28-Mar-13 16:42:15

AHA now CB , I got some neon blue/purple ones in RI sale at xmas that shape.
they make my old trusty autograph suede platform heels ( colours various ) look very out of fashion.
THink are a bit lower than those, but def pointy, Not as pointy as late 90s ones tho

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 28-Mar-13 16:39:10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now