Right, Need HONEST opinions on whether to go from long to short hair. Pics on profile

(117 Posts)
MoodyDidIt Thu 21-Mar-13 08:39:06

for a VERY limited time only as do not want to out self in rl

i have shoulder length curly hair at the moment but tbh its in quite shit condition despite my best efforts sad and am sick of it

i have been growing it for over 2 years from a short crop with long layers at the front, which was dead easy to maintain and took seconds to style

i am seriously thinking of going back to that style and need your opinions on what looks best. please look at my pics and tell me, HONESTLY, what you think, i will not be offended, promise

chickensaladagain Thu 21-Mar-13 10:46:30

I would say short but in a more funky crop

your wedding hair looks nice and classic but if it was softer it would make you more approachable for everyday

you look like you have a fun personality so your hair should reflect that smile

HeartShapedSaw Thu 21-Mar-13 10:47:12

Short

MoodyDidIt Thu 21-Mar-13 10:49:18

oh my god MN have put this in discussions of the day blush

<scrabbles to remove pics>

and thanks for all the responses, and am not offended by any of them, they have all been really helpful x

simontowel Thu 21-Mar-13 10:51:14

You look amazing with short hair - it really suits you!

Lancelottie Thu 21-Mar-13 10:53:52

Good grief woman, you're stunning.

Cut it all off and put a bag on your head immediately. Please.

practicality Thu 21-Mar-13 10:56:24

Short but a groovier hairstyle.

Google wip hairport pixie. Really good ideas there.

Sorry to be annoying but I prefer it longer - it does still suit you short, but I think it looked a little bit severe and the dark colour doesn't suit you as much as the lighter red shade - which I think makes you look much younger and lights up your face. I would just have a really good trim and pile on the leave in conditioner TBH smile

UterusUterusGhali Thu 21-Mar-13 11:09:17

Deffo short. No question.

You are stunning smile

countrykitten Thu 21-Mar-13 11:10:53

Gosh you are beautiful! Def short as you have such lovely features - colour could be a little lighter (like the red) and the style a bit looser possibly bit def go short it's lovely!

MoodyDidIt Thu 21-Mar-13 11:20:46

awww how lovely blush

actually got a tear in my eye at the compliments <sap>. am pg though so thats my excuse

have booked hair appt for sat, so if i am feeling brave i will go for the full chop..... maybe

Definitely short. And I've surprised myself because I normally think everyone looks better with longer hair, but as soon as I saw your pics I preferred the shorter style. Though frankly you're so gorgeous you could shave it off & still look pretty damn good!

blue2 Thu 21-Mar-13 11:27:08

Keep it short. It make you look younger.

LulaPalooza Thu 21-Mar-13 11:30:14

Love the short hair but if you want to keep longer hair have you considered a Brazilian blow dry?

Fallenangle Thu 21-Mar-13 11:49:35

Short, it really suits you. The wedding style makes you look to be an ultra efficient, in control type of person. If you want to appear more free and easy go for a funkier style.

pocketandsweet Thu 21-Mar-13 11:54:41

100% short

Short!

I have uber short hair and it is great. I love it.

You look great with shirt hair. You're very pretty.

ZZZenAgain Thu 21-Mar-13 12:05:57

you look fragile and feminine with the shorter hair in a nice way. It suits you. Actually you look like two completely different people with the different haircuts.

How about leaving it longer but having a more smooth shape and a clearer lin?. Some version of a longish bob as a base and whatever interesting twist on that you might like. I don't think it is the length so much as the type of style that suits you a bit better in the crop.

Love your wedding photos btw

littlepeas Thu 21-Mar-13 12:08:08

Wedding pics is cheating a bit, because everyone looks completely amazing on their wedding day and pics taken in kfc are never going to live up to wedding pics! That said, I think you suit both, so I would go for the condition and styling ease of the crop.

Mumofjz Thu 21-Mar-13 12:45:22

I love it short, maybe a bit more "undone" tho!

And i would say the long is nice too, but don't like the colour, i have curly hair and find red always makes the curls look dried out and frizzy, where as a darker colour or more of a copper rather than red!!!!

I like short too!

DrunkenDaisy Thu 21-Mar-13 13:30:15

i prefer the first pic with your child.

Slainte Thu 21-Mar-13 13:34:48

The crop really suits you.

MrsPennyapple Thu 21-Mar-13 13:35:33

Short, definitely!

I recently came to the same decision, after growing my hair for about three years. I've hated it for the last year or so but kept it long, thinking I could do more with it - but never did. I made the decision to cut it very short again, and I love it again. I feel better about my appearance generally, clothes that I thought didn't suit me actually do again, and - the best part - I can wash, dry and style it inside ten minutes. It makes me wonder why I persevered with my long, rubbish looking hair, for so long. (Your longer hair is not rubbish-looking btw, I just think short looks much nicer.)

FingersCrossedLegsNot Thu 21-Mar-13 15:07:01

Short without a doubt, is that you in the pic with the short hair? If so you look absolutely stunning with it!

OneMoreGo Thu 21-Mar-13 15:29:49

I actually prefer it long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now