MN Vogue Vol 7

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 12:07:57

All welcome to talk style and beauty

Oh man, I've got that wash already, but I'm seriously thinking of getting a spare pair at that price...

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 20:18:30

What wash? What price? I've missed something.....

foxysocks Wed 20-Mar-13 20:18:37

haha, ditto! mine were about that price from shopbop a month ago but due to exchange rate crazies they are now faaaar more from the US.

foxysocks Wed 20-Mar-13 20:19:03

goldsign virtuals in owena, shop

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 20:21:20

Owena? Seriously I must have missed a page. What's owena?

foxysocks Wed 20-Mar-13 20:25:27

owena is the wash, sorry! hang on will link...

foxysocks Wed 20-Mar-13 20:26:22

www.donnaida.com/sale/goldsign-virtual-skinny-jean.html

oh thank god they've sold out in my size, have just saved myself £132 lol

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 20:32:14

Aha!

QueenCadbury Wed 20-Mar-13 20:45:57

I'm not sure whether to blame you lot or Pinterest but I've become obsessed with yellow especially paired with grey or navy.

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Wed 20-Mar-13 20:59:31

I know what you mean Queen. I've a pair of acid yellow ankle grazers bought at the end of the summer in Hollister of all places and they're gorgeous. I'd fancied some I'd seen in the Kooples and saw these - very similar but for a fraction of the price. I've now added the Stories sleeveless top and BR yellow skirt. Really feeling it this year. Maybe it's something to do with the lousy weather and a longing for sunshine.
foxy how dare you tempt me with those Goldsign Virtuals. They still have my size but I'm studiously ignoring them. My resolve is being tested yet again.

Honestly, I can't stress enough how brilliant those Goldsigns are. If you're in the market for jeans, do it!

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Wed 20-Mar-13 21:36:13

Trouble is, I'm not in the market for any more jeans. They would definitely be surplus to requirements, but they look so good!
<Backing away from the Goldsigns>

No, all your other jeans would be surplus to Rees <voice of experience>

noviceoftheday Wed 20-Mar-13 21:46:39

Evening all! <Waves. Knackered>

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Wed 20-Mar-13 21:51:36

Amber you are very bad. I can't back away, there's no denying it.
I'm going to leave it until tomorrow. If they still have my size, it's fate.

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Wed 20-Mar-13 21:57:02

Evening novice smile

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 22:02:32

Grumpy get yourself over to the Frugal thread for a strong talking to! grin

libertychick Wed 20-Mar-13 22:05:49

<Tired wave from me too>
Goldsigns v tempting but I need black jeans...
Amber how weird, I have just been looking at tomorrow's work diary to see if I could fit in a whirlwind run around &other stories too...don't think I can though unless some meetings finish early which NEVER happens - have fun!

FrugalFashionista Thu 21-Mar-13 09:59:15

Stay strong Liberty! wink
This thread is going so fast I can't keep up <wheeze>
I'm a bit worried about investing in skinnies atm. Usually when they start doing colored variants of a staple it means a trend is about to die. Remember Uggs and Pistols? (Next in line: the biker jacket? - it's supposed to be cream now, no?)
I'd like to have a pair if white jeans for summer but am sick and tired of the skinnies+flats combo and unsure what the reigning summer street style will be this year <cloudy crystal ball>
Have been seeing a lot of yellow - can wear pale lemon yellow, very tempted!

foxysocks Thu 21-Mar-13 11:34:10

frugal you obv live in a more fashion forward area than I do. many of my fellow school run mums are still wearing their bootcuts from the 90s having bypassed skinnies completely....

I also love yellow but due to budgetary constraints am allowing myself one yellow piece for SS. it will either be a top or a scarf, and there are a couple of contenders but no outright winner yet!

still obsessing over pointed flats here (she says, with rain lashing down at the windows?

Hi everyone, wow you are moving fast! Each time I come on to catch up and say hi in the last few days I run out of time before getting to the last post grin..

...thanks for the DonnIda link whoever provided it, I have just ordered the Goldsigns and also Current Elliots to try. Have also just used the 20% Boden code someone provided on another thread (j238 iirc) to order some summer stuff for the DC's.

Love your yellow top Marsha - I'm still not sure if I could wear that colour but will try soon. Gold flats very lovely too Grumpy (think it was you that linked)

I am rushing back to Whistles with my returns today but realised I am on day 15 due to flu fog over last week or two..anyone know how strict they are with the 14 day returns policy confused?

Annianni Thu 21-Mar-13 12:48:07

I don't know Sleep, sorry.
When I worked in retail, we would give a credit note in those circumstances.
Good luck.

Foxy, like you i'm on a budget.
So i've just spent a whole £8 on a yellow French Connection belt from asos.
To be hopefully worn with jeans, and grey tops.

Somebody keeps pinning grey and yellow, and i've had to join in grin

QueenCadbury Thu 21-Mar-13 13:27:09

Sorry anni that may be me with the yellow and grey!!

I don't think I've ever worn yellow in my whole life (I don't even remember anything as a child) so I'm not sure where my latest obsession has come from. I'm waiting till I have my colours done and see whether yellow is in my palette or not before buying anything.

frugal I agree with foxy. The streets of Rome are much more fashion forward than the streets of Bristol.

As pistols are the fastest selling item on My-Wardrobe I don't think they're about to die a death, likewise skinnies. Anyhow, skinnies suit my aesthetic. I'm not really your Ali McGraw Love Story type. Style is about having the confidence to wear what you like and know suits you - ain't nobody getting me into leather dungarees, however 'on trend' they may be.

santamarianovella Thu 21-Mar-13 14:19:43

im having difficulty keeping up!, SHOP sorry for not responding in the previous thread,yes im fairly new here,have been an avid follower to all mnv threads,and finally found the courage to join you all.i do hope you feel better.

This thread is not accepting new messages.