Recommendations for eye makeup remover (inc waterproof mascara) please?

(23 Posts)

Anything by Simple makes my eyes swell up. Clinique doesn't, or when I'm feeling poor the Wilko's make-up remover wipes are good.

I like coconut oil, you can whip it using an electric whisk to make it easier to get out.

If you have an ethnic type shop nearby, you can normally get food-grade coconut oil for about £3 a tub. It's great.

I also like to make my own liquid remover, water, baby or almond oil and a little bit of baby shampoo. Vary the amounts to taste. I have sensitive eyes and this works a treat. Also cheap! I bought some Clinique stuff and it irritated and stung - waste of bloody £15.

ajandjjmum Tue 19-Mar-13 12:56:50

The blue gentle eye make-up remover from Clarins.

Librarina Tue 19-Mar-13 12:55:27

I use This by Simple, it's cheap, effective and doesn't hurt my eyes.

I then wash my face all over with L'Occitaine foaming face wash which smells like a meadow.

valiumredhead Tue 19-Mar-13 12:49:00

I have discovered that a gentle toner removes eye make REALLY well - weird but true!

Evizza Tue 19-Mar-13 12:37:03

I use THESE

They are brilliant and cheap as chips. They remove my mascara no problem, and I wear lots of waterproof which most eye make up removers struggle with. They are on 3 for 2 at the minute 2, so double bargain smile

Neena28 Tue 19-Mar-13 12:22:44

Clinique take the day off is brill. Buy that and a chubby stick (also lovely) when they have their bonus time offers on. Takes literally everything off and then when you wash your face its only foundation etc left no black eye smudges appear even tho you thought it was all home.

anneliza9 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:26:15

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish takes my waterproof eye make-up off.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 19-Mar-13 09:28:32

I use baby oil, I've been using the same bottle for over 2 years.

I put a drop or two on my finger tip, massage it over my eyes and wipe off with loo roll.

I don't get dry skin around my eyes any more.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 19-Mar-13 00:03:05

Simple cleansing wipes always get my waterproof mascara off.

oscarwilde Tue 19-Mar-13 00:01:49

www.jurlique.co.uk/skin-care/category/eye-and-lip-care/e04/eye-makeup-remover
This stuff is amazing. Really gentle, works v well and lasts for ages as you only use a tiny amount.

Body Shop do a lovely cooling camomile eye make up remover which is great for sensitive eyes. Leaves eyes feeling really fresh and clean, not at all greasy like others I've tried.

timidviper Mon 18-Mar-13 23:48:50

Lancome one is excellent and is for sensitive eyes

ToothGah Mon 18-Mar-13 23:46:42

Simple do a cream and an oil-based remover. I'm using the cream and it's good, you don't need much at all and it's about £3.

Can I just say though, if you have sensitive eyes please avoid Clinique Take The Day Off - I had a horrendous allergic reaction to it (and I mean horrendous - think swollen, weeping eyelids that then scabbed and are now scarred), and according to reviews other people have as well.

ujjayi Mon 18-Mar-13 22:57:12

Coconut oil. Really gentle, deep cleansing, wipes away without any oil slick residue. 100% natural. A tenner gets you a huge pot of the organic stuff from Amazon here .

Can also be used on hands & nails, feet and as a lip balm.

sunglasses Mon 18-Mar-13 22:06:39

Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 make up remover. I have sensitive skin and this is brilliant. Better than more expensive oil and water mix removers and even works on waterproof make up. I cannot recommend this enough, its the best thing I have ever used for taking off make up apart from an Olay face wash which you could literally wash all your make up (including eyes) without any stinging or irritation. Sadly they no longer make it BOO!

JumpHerWho Mon 18-Mar-13 21:59:50

Baby oil smile honest!

MumOfTheMoos Mon 18-Mar-13 21:22:48

Obviously that was meant to say Lancome!

MumOfTheMoos Mon 18-Mar-13 21:13:20

Lancôme do a great one - I'm not sure it's name but I think it's the only one they do. Te bright turquoise and you have to shake it up before you use it - it's fab, it takes absolutely everything off.

Lucysaysno Mon 18-Mar-13 20:50:10

Matis is excellent!

2BodlyGo Mon 18-Mar-13 20:48:47

Does it need to be wipe-off? I just use a good wash-off cleanser, normally I use Avene but currently got No.7 (with my voucher so v cheap!) which is pretty lovely feeling. Not sure how it will pan out long term though.

Definitely Avene though for sensitive skin, they do a tissue cleanser as well as a wash cleanser and it lasts a long time.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 18-Mar-13 20:47:48

Baby wipes!

cockatoo Mon 18-Mar-13 20:46:33

Exactly that ...

I have sensitive eyes. Currently using Vichy but so difficult to remove all my makeup.

Any recommendations? TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now