I'll snog anyone who can find me suitable tan wedges or sandals.....ARGH!

(120 Posts)
madammecholet Sun 17-Mar-13 19:04:33

I'm having a nightmare, posted on here a few weeks ago and I am still on the hunt! I need mid heel (a scary height for me as i'm usually flats or sky high), tan leather wedges or slides or sandals...

Not keen on a block heel, I can't do an ankle strap as it cuts off my legs or anything from clarks shock.

I LOVE these but they are all either way too high or way too £££.. Budget up to £60 - £70

here

here

here

I have exhausted the high street, if anyone can find me something perfect to race after the kids in and still look stylish in shorts or dress I would SNOG you!

mumat39 Mon 18-Mar-13 18:56:31

Sorry madamme, I don't thinki can. I missed the jimmy choo info. <must get me some reading glasses>

madammecholet Mon 18-Mar-13 18:56:41

I cannot do ankle straps - cuts legs in two - not nice on me.... Most sandles have ankle straps atm..

I just need a low heel or wedge (not flat), open toe, tan leather sandal with no ankle strap. Not fugly.

It seems an impossible task unless I am prepared to spend £250+....

These?

I bought a pair last week - they are very comfy, heel is a good height (I like a heel but can't wear them too high) and a reasonable price I thought.

cornsilkcremeeggspotter Mon 18-Mar-13 19:47:25

I like these but they don't have them in my size <pouts>

BikeRunSki Mon 18-Mar-13 19:53:21
NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Mon 18-Mar-13 19:53:43

ooh just realised I am too late to tell you that vogue25 gets you a 25% discount at kurt geiger..

faustina Mon 18-Mar-13 19:58:21

toast Too expensive?

faustina Mon 18-Mar-13 19:59:50

...the fringe bit is removable - click on the photo without it

LittlePandaBear Mon 18-Mar-13 20:34:55

Can't believe you haven't found 'the ones' yet! grin

I've looked at Yoox again, some more options for you:

Yoox 1

Yoox 2

Yoox 3 too expensive anyway

Yoox 4

Yoox 5

Yoox 6 too high?

Yoox 7

BikeRunSki Mon 18-Mar-13 22:01:17

bhs but not leather

BHS these are though

BikeRunSki Mon 18-Mar-13 22:14:12

BikeRunSki - I like the Monsoon tulip ones - don't think they look frumpy?? Are Monsoon shoes generally comfy??

BikeRunSki Mon 18-Mar-13 22:35:42

I have some other Monsoon shoes and they are fine. They are the shoes I wear with my "wedding guest" dress and they always last the course of a wedding!

I don't think they look frumpy. Well, they might with a beige polyester slack suit...

grin Thanks BikeRunSki - I do like them a lot (hides beige polyester slack suit away)

madammecholet Tue 19-Mar-13 12:06:35

OK, i've given up on tan and gone for some neutral wedges, just ordered these direct from shop as sold out online, am hoping 41 will fit <crosses fingers>

Quite like the Jimmy Choo ones:

these

and

these

CockBollocks Tue 19-Mar-13 18:33:12

I think the 2nd pair will be easier to chase after kids in. Not ideal but slightly better!

madammecholet Tue 19-Mar-13 18:42:21

I know what you mean cockbollocks, it just seems an impossible ask.... (or am I asking the impossible!) grin

AWimbaWay Wed 20-Mar-13 12:58:49

My Carvela Kurt Geiger Kaitlin shoes have arrived, so far they do seem very comfortable and look great, hopefully I'll still feel that way after walking in them all day (which looking at the snow outside could be a while off).

Thanks for recommendation Looster and thanks for the code JesusBuiltMyHotrod!

chocolatecheesecake Thu 21-Mar-13 19:09:52

I ordered two pairs of sandals from reading this thread.

Skechers wedges suggested at the start of this thread arrived yesterday and the finish is poor (raggedy edges to the lining) and the style not for me.

The Dune Jimmo sandals are lovely. I think I'll keep them as the neon yellow flashes should contrast nicely with all the navy and cobalt I wear.

JesusBuiltMyHotrod Fri 22-Mar-13 09:45:08

My KG Kaitlin wedges arrived a few days ago. Big thanks to the poster who recommended them...I think you have solved my holiday shoe issues as these should fit the bill for most occasions. Roll on May when they will accompany mt on holiday to Spain...judging by the several inches of snow outside, I'll not get much of a chance to wear them before then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now