So these wedge trainers.....

(89 Posts)
PetiteMum Wed 13-Mar-13 22:24:37

I'm wanting a pair as they look so comfy.....but do I risk looking like mutton? Or a Rita ora groupie?

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 12:13:56

I am 42 btw!

MotheringShites Sat 16-Mar-13 12:50:52

This forum is costing me a fortune - just lost control of myself and bought myself a pair of Ash Alex in silver and clay. A bit mutton but who cares!

reastie Sat 16-Mar-13 12:55:21

yes robin buffalo spice girl styley. I was really proud of them too blush

Cybbo Sat 16-Mar-13 13:19:55

I've resisted them for a long time , then my esteemed colleague noddyholder showed me the BHS ones for £25 and I thought fuck it.

I've worn suede wedge shoe boots since the begining of time but these are a bit more moderne

I bloody hate mn sometimes. I have the scarf and haircut and now it looks like I will have the trainers too....

as in this thread is costing me a fortune and now I HAVE to have some grin

landofsoapandglory Sat 16-Mar-13 13:46:55

They are absolutely awful!

I still have my Buffalos! Burgundy snakeskin, I thought I was the cat's pyjamas.

NinaNannar Sat 16-Mar-13 14:27:16

i got some from NEw look int eh Autumn
i really like them - black suede

NinaNannar Sat 16-Mar-13 14:27:32

oh those grey nike ones are vile

JumpHerWho Sat 16-Mar-13 14:27:34

Lovestretch have now sold out of Bowies in both prune and navy, the MN effect grin

Might not keep them, had imbibed wine and can't really justify impulse buys at the moment. They really are marmite according to this thread, so will need to test them at home.

Does anyone wear them with skirts/dresses? Quite a few slebs seem to. Not convinced.

diddlediddledumpling Sat 16-Mar-13 14:48:11

I bough these today. Bargain.

I have ash Thelmas in black and in tan. I wear them all the time, I feel I need the extra height when wearing skinnies and they are a comfortable alternative to heeled boots.
Wouldn't wear them with a skirt or dress though.

Corygal Sat 16-Mar-13 18:03:15

I am fat and 45. But my Aldo black suede wedges with laces make me look less so.

I looooathed at first sight, then the combo of height and comfort was a temptation of the most deliciously orthopaedic kind.

So I had a crafty squint at the local delinquent teens who are all in retro flat trainers and went for it.

Seamlessly channelling the bus pass look, I team them with Kooples tasteful hearing aid/carcoat beige layers and very black leggings or a maxi skirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now