Liz Earle - do you recommend it?

(60 Posts)
TallulahTwinkle Sun 10-Mar-13 16:30:45

I have been looking for a natural skincare product that is not tested on animals, this seems to fit the bill.

Just wanted to hear other people's opinions before I bought it ...

VestaCurry Mon 11-Mar-13 02:20:59

Stopped using LE when bought out by Avon

Me too vesta. Have stopped buying. Quality has changed and it is a shame as the products were very good.

valiumredhead Mon 11-Mar-13 12:29:15

I used to like it but since she sold out to Avon and the formula has changed it;s not as good and way over priced imo for what it is.

HeyLuciani Mon 11-Mar-13 13:15:47

I think they changed the ingredients last year - used to be made from almond milk but now is made from cocoa butter instead. Cocoa butter is a bit of a pore clogger IMHO and I don't think it's as nice as it used to be so I've stopped using it.

I like the shower gels, the toner and the superskin body cream (although I think the SS body cream is expensive for what it is). Absolutely loved their 'Spot On' which was great for spots, cuts etc, but they've stopped doing it - difficulties sourcing an ingredient apparently. confused

Polyhymnia said they thought it was cleverly hyped. Liz Earle used to be in beauty PR before she launched the company - she is very well connected and skilfull in this area so I think that's a fair comment

reastie Mon 11-Mar-13 13:27:53

I haven't tried facial LE products but have a shower gel and body lotion. It smells divine and I love using it, but it's not the best I've ever tried. For me, nothing will beat Dr Hauskha for my face.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 11-Mar-13 16:58:55

Superdrug own brand products are also BUAV approved, as are sainsburys.

jalopy Mon 11-Mar-13 17:21:53

The only products I buy from Liz Earle are
1. Cleanse & Polish
2. Superskin Oil Concentrate
3. Tinted moisturiser

Bouncey Mon 11-Mar-13 21:04:41

It's now illegal to carry out testing on animals for beauty products in the UK (as of this month), so being owned by Avon should make no difference. Liz Earle is very good in my opinion, I really like the c & p, have been using it for years.

CuriousMama Mon 11-Mar-13 21:26:16

I just joined the Cebra website and got free delivery and 10% discount smile

SewCrafty Mon 11-Mar-13 21:58:35

I find the NSpa range in Asda very similar to Liz Earle but at only £4 an item.

Arisbottle Mon 11-Mar-13 22:13:59

I have bought my daughters the asda version!

lololizzy Mon 11-Mar-13 22:23:08

do Asda do a version of C and P?

CuriousMama Mon 11-Mar-13 22:23:14

Asda's have SLS in though don't they?

lololizzy Mon 11-Mar-13 22:24:30

SLS, def not for me then, am very sensitive, with LE i can rub it in my eyes to get last of stubborn mascara off...with no probs

CuriousMama Mon 11-Mar-13 22:29:39

lololizzy just looked, says hot cloth polish is ok for sensitive. Couldn't see SLS on the ingredients for that one? Here it is.

timidviper Mon 11-Mar-13 22:29:54

I love C&P and the toner but the superskin stuff does not suit me at all

Another Cleanse and Polish fan, and like their toner. I like, but can take or leave., their other products .But always come back to C&P.

rootypig Mon 11-Mar-13 22:31:55

like: C&P, toner
love: nourishing mask, eye bright
do not like: body moisturiser, hand cream, face moisturisers

if you go C&P route buy a load of cheap muslins (if you have sensitive skin) or flannels (if you have normal / oily skin - ikea do packs of 10 white ones with handy little coloured loops for hanging) and use a new one every morning, then same one that night to wash your face off. and really massage the cream in first, it has a really relaxing smell.

QuickLookBusy Mon 11-Mar-13 22:38:31

Love C and P. have used for about 6 years. I did try new things when it was sold to Avon, but i couldnt find anything I liked so ended up going back. I didn't realise the ingredients had changed though I haven't noticed any difference at all.

I also use the toner, moisturiser, the body moisturiser is good as is hand cream and eye bright is lovey for getting off mascara.

I love the fact it does smell natural, I really hate artificial smells that are in som products. You don't get that with LE.

lololizzy Tue 12-Mar-13 13:12:08

thanks Curious, for that price I'll probably give it a whirl..

CuriousMama Tue 12-Mar-13 13:12:47

Yes think I'll try it too. On offer as well smile

JazzDalek Tue 12-Mar-13 17:02:42

I tried it to see what all the fuss was about and was underwhelmed. I suspect my evangelical friends just think it is amazing because they are used to using foaming washes or make-up-removing wipes hmm. I've been using Lush's Ultrabland and removing it with a hot cloth for years and years (with bouts of OCM here and there), so LE failed to impress me - I thought it was OK but no better than Ultrabland and maybe not quite as good. More expensive, obviously.

MoYerBoat Tue 12-Mar-13 20:49:42

Where do you put your muslin cloths between uses?

<needs to get out more>

QuickLookBusy Tue 12-Mar-13 21:16:26

Mo, I rinse it out and then pop on the radiator. I only use it twice and then put in the washing machine with towels etc.

rootypig Wed 13-Mar-13 05:05:14

Mo same as Quick, I use clean one morning, same one night to take my face off, then onto the towel rail to dry and into the washbasket at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now