Defining curls?

(31 Posts)
NumptyMum Wed 06-Mar-13 23:11:57

I'm having a bad hair phase, not sure if it's just the haircut or my hair. I've got short, thick, wavy, coarse (auburn) hair and sometimes use coconut oil to help get it to separate and curl, but can't take this with me to work to 'rescue' it as every pot I've ever put the coconut oil in, it leaks out angry. Plus the coconut oil has a tendency to make my hair greasy if I'm not careful.

Does anyone have suggestions for what can rescue hair that is perhaps a bit dry/frizzy once I'm at work? I would need to apply it to dry hair, and the aim would be to get it to separate into better curls or perhaps have more texture...

Plus I am going to find out more about Curly Girl method, once I've got my head around all the terminology! How would this work with using 'product'??

Thank you for anyone who thinks they can help, I'm just TIRED of my hair...

DameSaggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 09-Mar-13 09:21:45

Another recommendation for the Boots curl cream. Lasts ages, dirt cheap (cheap enough to buy a pot just to keep at work) and it's silicone free. What's not to like? smile

The Boots Curl creme doesn't leave it crispy, however it doesn't work for me at all, leaves it looking all dull and lanky looking and if I use less, dull and still flyaway.

The UmbertoGiannini curl scrunching gel is a crispy one, I only use it now for spiking the DCs hair up on dressing up days at school.

The BodyShop cottons seed curl boost isn't crispy either, that is one of the better ones for me.

My hair is wavy/semi-curly not properly curly though, so perhaps my needs aren't quite the same.

OneMoreGo Sat 09-Mar-13 18:24:22

Oh thanks, WhoKnows, I'll maybe look at getting some LUSH fluffease again. I used to use it loads and loved it. I know it had one problem ingredient in but couldn't remember which one.

BornToFolk Sat 09-Mar-13 20:37:30

WhoKnows have you tried rubbing the creme between the palms of your hands before using? I didn't get on with it at all until I tried this. You have to rub until it goes white and then apply.

I use the Umberto Gianni gel and it can go a bit crispy but I kind of scrunch it when dry to get rid of the crispiness!

I'm going to fry Fluff Eaze too...

civilfawlty Sat 09-Mar-13 20:39:24

This is a great thread!

ByTheSea Sat 09-Mar-13 20:53:07

Huge fan of Boots curl creme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now