North Face Arctic Parka - will I regret buying?

(90 Posts)
NuclearStandoff Wed 06-Mar-13 20:54:54

Should not be spending any money at moment, as I am unemployed.

But having shivered all winter, decided that I really need a warm and practical coat for walking dog and watching ds play sport.

It was reduced hugely in the sale, and I know I probably won't wear it until next winter now - but I hope it could last 10 years... and it even comes with a 2 year guarantee.

Please tell me I haven't made an expensive mistake?

Hulababy Tue 26-Mar-13 08:59:41

Dh and myself both ordered north face coats yesterday before we go away next week, seeing as its freezing but were are going to cent parcs and needed shorter coats to cycle in.

We went for the Naptse coats. Dh went for black. I've gone for brown. We will be a bit matching, lol! But the prices we really good and the man dh spoke to in Blacks really recommended them and Especially north face.

I ordered from surfdome yesterday as their sale prices were good. Free next day delivery too so should arrive later today.

Hulababy Tue 26-Mar-13 09:01:41

Nuptse not napste!

Size large is a 14, yes

NinaNannar Thu 28-Mar-13 06:17:28

My Has the napste. Ill warn you it's HUGE. REALLY BULKY

NinaNannar Thu 28-Mar-13 06:22:33

Ah. Of you mean the down Michelin one ?
My mistake. He has this one. Looks brilliant in it
www.webtogs.co.uk/The_North_Face_Mens_McMurdo_Parka_100463.html

Hulababy Thu 28-Mar-13 07:40:29

The insulated one yes?
Arrived and really light and not bulky either. Very very warm!

We needed shorter coats so can cycle in them.

noddyholder Thu 28-Mar-13 08:34:06

My ds has the nuptse but got small as he is skinny I sometimes put it on to nip to shops ad I love it so warm he says it's regulation film director coat for on set! Think he is getting ahead of himself grin

HogFucker Tue 12-Nov-13 17:21:46

I think I may have killed my coat this week - it was like wearing a duvet and I'm cold now. I know this is a Zombie thread, but has anyone seen this in the sale anywhere recently?

snowpuma Wed 13-Nov-13 18:53:35

Try the M&s down filled coats for a cheaper alternative... Less than £100!

MillyRules Wed 13-Nov-13 19:34:21

Think this is your coat

I got this other one and its amazing. I got it half price at £55.00 and its down and feathers . I bought it as I was fed up of being so cold for the last couple of winters and never venturing out. This keeps me sooo warm and toasty, just like wearing a duvet.

MillyRules Wed 13-Nov-13 19:37:01

ha ha.....didn't realise it was a zombie thread.....lol.

Milkhell Wed 13-Nov-13 19:37:10

Now I have a really FANTASTIC tip...I bought a XL boy's for a very reduced. I can't remember how much by but it was a significant amount as we couldn't afford the full price one. I'm looking forward to wearing it this winter.

Milkhell Wed 13-Nov-13 19:38:05

* very reduced price

Mumbrage Wed 13-Nov-13 19:41:21

/zombie thread or not, I've just read through it. I like reading about winter coats. They are less in and quickly out (fashion wise) than other clothes.

MillyRules Wed 13-Nov-13 19:42:51

Mumbrage I am wearing mine for its first winter and its just amazing. A real life saver. Instead of shivering im actually having to leave it undone as it gets really warm inside....will be great when the snow comes. Yayyyy

millie19 Wed 13-Nov-13 23:35:55

I've just been persuaded to order a NF Arctic parka after reading this, and several other wise threads. Got mine from Outdoor Kit - £260 down from £320! Am 5ft8 with long arms (that info relates to another thread btw!) so hoping it will cover/reach all the right bits to keep me toasty & warm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now