Are fascinators naff or not? Please help!

(29 Posts)
rhihaf Tue 26-Feb-13 15:53:04

Best mate's wedding this year, am wearing this: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dress190-WHITE-50s-HALTER-FLOCK-TATTOO-ROCKABILLY-COCKTAIL-PARTY-PROM-DRESS-8-26-/110890634759?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&var=&hash=item19d198ce07

It arrived today from ebay and looks quite good on. Thing is, can't wear heels as DH is a bit, well, short blush.
Do I wear a fascinator/hat with it?

Are they naff? If they're not [crossing fingers] what sort would go with the outfit? I'm a bit of a lovey at heart and quite like alternative stuff, but obviously don't want to steal attention from the bride... suggestions please lovely MNers!

I am 5'4", big boobs, pale skin, strawberry blonde/ginger hair. Will prob have a pashmina or something too.

Thanks in advance!

rhihaf Wed 27-Feb-13 14:30:52

Am liking the idea of a Side-do and flower combo, but I'm in the wilds of Wales unfortunately sad Although, most of the hairdressers around here could probably do a 50s look if I asked for something cutting-edge and modern grin

I might ask the ladies at my mothernbaby group - meeting tomoz, yey! - and see if anyone is good with hair. I am useless, honeslty can't even do a french plait and I love the look of a braid across the front of the head iykwim.

Love the swine and pearls website, likewise Lizzie's Hats, but I think I'm sold on the hair idea now! (skips off to youtube dramatic updos)

dewdrop - my mum agrees, it needs heels. You're both probably right...

Victory rolls! Also more netting under the skirt. Wear it with black satin pumps, lots of eye liner and pearls.

Underskirt and hair.

rhihaf Wed 27-Feb-13 15:37:17

Ordered on of those lovely girly petticoats yesterday Horracetheotter grin - it was dispatched today so watching for deliveries as we speak!

Love the hair too, thanks!

PretzelTime Wed 27-Feb-13 18:52:56

Don't worry OP I didn't mean to suggest that you should wear the boat one on your head to the wedding grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now