I like shoes but they are ALL uncomfortable to wear!

(43 Posts)
makinglemonade Fri 15-Feb-13 20:48:40

I have a good shoe collection but have lots that I never wear as they aren't comfy!

My biggest problem is workwear. I'm ok at the moment as I wear dresses with black tights and black ankle boots with a medium heel. They are marco tozzi and super comfy. So comfy I bought the same in a tan colour!

But I have lots of lovely trousers I'd like to west to work but can't due to footwear. If I do wear them then I can only wear them with flat pumps which makes me feel frumpy.

I work in fashion retail and need to be smart and reasonably trendy. So any suggestions on nice shoes that won't kill I've I wear them all day?

ivanapoo Sat 16-Feb-13 17:46:24

Oh I thought of another brand - Pikolinos. About 90% of the styles are foul but if you can find one you like they're really comfy.

Chewbecca Sat 16-Feb-13 19:22:47

I have wear all day, comfy, wide fit heels from M&S, Clarks and Gabor.

All have dodgy styles but all have some good 'uns too.

JacqueslePeacock Sat 16-Feb-13 19:31:06

I have all the same problems but I'm a size 9 (43)!! Even worse! If anyone even knows of a high street shoe shop that regularly stocks women's shoes this large, I'd love to know.

Downfall Sat 16-Feb-13 20:14:16

I went to shuropody and was fitted with a half pair of orthotics. The difference is very subtle, but I over pronate and collapse my arches in any shoes - flats or heels. Without the orthotic I feel pressure through the balls of my feet and knees; with the orthotic I feel pressure through my thigh and calf muscles and don't seem to 'tip' forward in my heels. Maybe take your favourite shoes somewhere similar to see if you can improve the comfort?

Downfall Sat 16-Feb-13 20:23:22

edam I think there are a lot of hotter haters out there, but I browsed in there today and thought 'oo, they look comfy and pretty..'. The things bunion pain will drive you to... blush smile

EuroShagmore Sat 16-Feb-13 20:41:45

I wear flats to work (ballet pumps in summer, boots in winter) and then change when I get there. I have an office job so I'm sitting down a lot and have some mega heels. smile

Milliways Sat 16-Feb-13 20:47:48

I have a Mortons Neuroma so shoes are a pain. However, I discovered Happy Feet insoles last year, and now I can get through a day without painkillers. I got my Mum some and she loves them too -but they are really weird until you get used to them - like wearing Moon Boots or walking on a bouncy castle! grin
Happy Feet

I have tried all sorts of shoes. Prada kitten heels are comfy if you can stand the pointy toes. (I cant) And I have a pair of Jimmy Choos which are my absolute favourite. Have worn them to an all day wedding and although sling backs and a high heel they are very well made and comfy.

OP hae you thought about having a couple of pairs of shoes at work, a pair of small heels and a higher heel and swap as the day/event goes on?

SoldeInvierno Sat 16-Feb-13 21:32:17

What about Aerosoles. I don't know whether you can get them in UK, but I have wide feet and these are the only heels I can wear all day and still find comfortable. I can even go shopping all day with my Aerosoles on and not suffer.

makinglemonade Sun 17-Feb-13 11:26:54

Thanks all. So many suggestions I feel my credit card will get a beating soon!

I'm going to try having a few pairs at work and change as I need to. Maybe part of the problem is that my shoes aren't 'worn' and I need to train my feet!
Also going to have a look at proper insoles.

I generally avoid going out shopping/trying on as working in retail puts me off but I think I'll never know until I go out and try on lots of brands and styles. I'll report back any findings!

BillyBollyDandy Sun 17-Feb-13 11:35:28

I second the Hush Puppies Phillipa. I have wide feet and they are very comfy.

higgle Sun 17-Feb-13 16:18:33

Duo shoes are fantastic, I have wide feet with a bit of a bunion thing going on (in denial) I have some fantastic wide fitting Bacall shoes that look very high and sexy but feel like slippers they are so comfortable. Also have some Esmond kitten heels that look good and feel wearable.

Still18atheart Sun 17-Feb-13 16:28:30

Have you tried wedged heels? I've got several pairs of shoes from M&S and I know the frumpy connitations but they really aren't

making do wear your shoes around the house, maybe with a pop sock on. Shoes need to be worn in and mould to your feet.

Murraylover Mon 18-Feb-13 20:53:08
navneetsingh Tue 19-Feb-13 07:52:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SarahGarden80 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:34:10

somebody was mentioning Hush pupppies, they are really great, and very nice design. What I personally like are Pikolinos they are good quality and cozysmile

mossycat Fri 01-Mar-13 15:51:13

I too am looking for comfy but stylish work shoes. Ive never mastered walking in heels and flats make shins ache (think my toes try to grip when walking- if u know what I mean!) I also have wide-ish feet!!! Grrrrr

Like the sound of the rockports - but does anyone know if they come up narrow or wide?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now