Moisturiser with SPF30 or more

(60 Posts)
HollyMadison Thu 14-Feb-13 07:17:14

Hi lovely ladies. I'm 36 with fairly dry skin on my face and loads of sun damage from too much time on the beach as a kid sad. I live in a hot country and really need to wear at least factor 30 on my face (my dermatologist says it should be factor 50). I find I spend money on lovely moisturiser/day cream but then end up putting a sun block on top which is thick and oily and clogs up my skin.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good day moisturiser with high SPF? Although I'm not in the uk I think I can probably find all the international brands here. Thanks!

ujjayi Sun 17-Feb-13 18:46:02

<<bows to KenDoddsDadsDog>>

Am laughing! Just re-read post and does sound wanky stealth boast indeed! Perhaps I should have lied added "Gstaad" too gringrin

Mewsical Sun 17-Feb-13 23:16:23

Fellatio- I have the Prep and Prime Face protect spf 50. I didn't realise they did one without SPF in it also.

llanfairpwllgwyngyll Mon 18-Feb-13 06:02:42

One I would NOT recommend is Garnier's Ultralift Pro-X which is an anti-wrinkle cream offered with an SPF. There was no tester when I tried this product from Superdrug, no barcode - so Superdrug said they were unable to give a refund, so I bought it in good faith. The product smell is appalling. (Am starting my own battle to get a full refund from Garnier who sent me an equally appallingly smelling replacement for a 'slightly different product' and, having done so, now claim they cannot refund me.)

Eliza22 Mon 18-Feb-13 09:52:57

I've stopped shopping in Superdrug as they're a pain if there's any "comeback" needed. I bought a mascara from them and when I opened it, the wand was all wonky, making it impossible to use. I'd binned the receipt and they wouldn't change or refund. That was it, never went back.

Good old trusty Boots will always refund/help, even if you don't have your receipt (sometimes). I'm fairly sensitive to a number of things so, trial and error is the way to go, for me with products. A cream I'd used for a good while suddenly brought me out in hives. They refunded, no quibbles.

Eliza22 Mon 18-Feb-13 09:55:52

Oh, forgot to say, I had a sample of the LaRoche SPF 50 product. It was a bit gluey for me and left me with a white caste under makeup.

Dare I say? I have an Aldi one, a Facial Sunblock SPF50, I bought last year. This too is a bit greasy but no white mask when you smooth it in.

JumpHerWho Mon 18-Feb-13 14:18:39

Ooh has anyone tried this ? Dermalogica solar booster. Lisa Eldridge was raving about the booster range - you add a tiny amount to whatever moisturiser or foundation you want and it makes it SPF50. I might give it a go mixed with my YSL foundation for summer.

The key thing for me is that if you need to top up SPF during the day then a primer or moisturiser with SPF is no good when I'm wearing makeup. This I could chuck in my bag along with foundation to refresh halfway through day.

JumpHerWho Mon 18-Feb-13 14:22:55

this site claims to be cheapest in UK for Dermalogica and you can choose 5 free samples with each order including the boosters.

TheLibrarianOok Tue 12-Mar-13 17:08:26

Ok - update as promised. I had an appointment with the consultant dermatologist today. I took along the SunSense SPF 50 for face, the City Block from Clinique SPF 40, the Clarins Day Screen high Protection SPF 40 and the Bobbi Brown Protective Face Base SPF 50 (I know, I know!)

He said the others were a good idea in the less sunny months and if I'd be spending lots of time indoors during a sunny day - but in summer - especially when I would be outdoors, he would advise the SunSense sunscreen (and a wide-brimmed hat).

I'm going with that advice personally - but for me it's a case of once bitten, twice shy.

Hope this helps. smile

Ninahyatt Sat 06-Jul-13 01:00:27

U can try Vichy foundation.its got spf35 in it.i ddnt use it myself though but one of my frnds alwys uses ths foundation and sh is very happy wth the results

Ninahyatt Sat 06-Jul-13 01:08:41

Holly Madison

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now