Non shimmery taupe eyeshadow duo

(21 Posts)

I just bought the undress me palette by MUA. There's a few glittery ones but in the main they look quite matt. The taupe is quite light, but builds up nicely smile

JumpHerWho Sat 09-Feb-13 20:27:12

Might try the MUA Heaven and Earth palette before the Naked Basics one actually, can't go wrong for £4 although quite a few shimmery ones in there hmm

OrchidFlakes Sat 09-Feb-13 19:12:21

MUA have just launched a undress me palette www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/undress-me-too-palette

Cheap as chips grin

slug Sat 09-Feb-13 18:01:35

Lily Lolo Miami Taupe

I have an Estee Lauder duo called 'Indigo' and I use the pale base layer for most days.

Also Urban Decay Naked palette is good and I like Stila naturals, think its called in the know is good, lasts really well, I use Air, Sand colours mostly and use the other darker ones for evenings.

Mewsical Fri 08-Feb-13 20:49:51

Boots 17 Barely there trio I have used for years.
Tesco taupe is great if you want a greyish tinge to it and MAC Malt is my favourite.

JumpHerWho Thu 07-Feb-13 23:54:08

Wow, thanks all. I didn't really want a big palette - saw someone poss Lisa Eldridge point out that you always end up using one or maybe two, wearing them out before touching the rest.

But but but, that Naked Basics looks fab, hasn't seen that, was looking at the big version but that was far too hefty, the littler one looks like all the colours are v usable. I could use a couple of the colours day to day and add the end ones for nights out. Ta muchly thanks it is quite pricey but I was looking at bloody Rimmel for £7.99 earlier so..

ZacharyQuack Thu 07-Feb-13 21:41:35

Maybelline have a matte cream shadow (Tough as Taupe), which is cheap and very good.

Wow that shows as garbage on my iPhone! Creme b r u l e e is what it should have read

Mac creme brûlée is a lovely natural matte base shadow

fairylightsinthesnow Thu 07-Feb-13 21:32:29

clinique do lovely ones but not cheap.

ZacharyQuack Thu 07-Feb-13 20:13:06

Bobbi Brown do a good range of matte shadows, but very pricy. Stila do a palette called In the Know, which has all matte shadows.

babybarrister Thu 07-Feb-13 20:00:08

Nars have good one

Aquelven Thu 07-Feb-13 19:45:53
HyvaPaiva Thu 07-Feb-13 19:25:19

Another vote for the Naked palettes - either original, Naked 2 or Basic - by Urban Decay. Well worth the price.

Agree with ggirl about Urban Decay. Fantastic stuff.

MAC Satin Taupe is beautiful too. I use it a lot.

ggirl Thu 07-Feb-13 19:22:38

sorry not that cheap but it's fab eyeshadow!

ggirl Thu 07-Feb-13 19:22:10
starfleet Thu 07-Feb-13 19:20:06

Germy.... I have that one too! grin

germyrabbit Thu 07-Feb-13 19:18:20

i have a matt single taupe from make up from tesco, it's called, taupe grin

JumpHerWho Thu 07-Feb-13 19:16:10

Would seem like an easy purchase but having visited Boots and Superdrug all the ones I tried were either weirdly olivey, shimmery or like a pale highlighter colour paired with a dark smoky one. Anyone seen a good un cheaply or do I need to head to Chanel or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now