Please have a quick look at my profile picture - you know you want to!

(36 Posts)
TwllBach Wed 02-Jan-13 10:59:11

I have put a picture up on my profile.

It's just a denim dress that I quite like the shape of, does it look to dated? I will probably wear it with an oversized chunky knit burgundy type cardigan and brown ankle boots.

Also, it is a size 12, which is two dress sizes smaller than I was in September grin please don't tell me it looks too tight

Back2Two Wed 02-Jan-13 16:18:27

I'd say, go for above knee skirt or calf length.

If you want a cardy with this, just a short one to waist no longer. Not fastened over your fantastic boobs.

AgathaHoHoHo Wed 02-Jan-13 17:21:08

Agree with Pinot about getting yourself measured for new bras now you have lost weight. Get yourself on down to Bravissimo.

cocolepew Wed 02-Jan-13 17:27:38

Great boobs, but I think the bottom half it's right (the dress not you). I like the boots.

TwoFacedCows Wed 02-Jan-13 17:29:04

you look lovely, i was going to say great norks too! grin

cocolepew Wed 02-Jan-13 17:30:23

Had another look, it actually looks better with the cardi on because it stops it looking too puffy, but you shouldn't be hiding that great body under a baggy cardi.

TwllBach Wed 02-Jan-13 17:32:26

I am on the smallest setting (can't think of a better word for it!) on my current bras, and I always had a narrow back when I was thin. The one I'm wearing is actually a 34FF and I know it's a bit big so was going to try a 34F but maybe I'll try a 32 G as suggested. It difficult finding somewhere that does bra measuring as I'm quite rural. I went to debenhams once but they didn't do cup sizes.

I think I will have a wardrobe cull to get rid of things like this. Maybe if I get right down to the 'essentials' it will give me a better idea of what I need to buy to build up a good range of clothes IYSWIM.

Regarding te hip department - my hips still are quite wide, I'm a dress size 12 but I am wearing size 16 jeans. It seems as though my hip measurements are always 2 sizes bigger than my dress/top half. For example, when I was a size 8 top/dress many many years ago I wore size 12 skirts and jeans. When I'm slimmer, it doesn't look too odd because my shoulders are in line with my hips and then my waist was smaller.

Thank you for your congratulations - it's difficult when you're just looking in the mirror - most days I still roly poly me!

Pinot Wed 02-Jan-13 19:02:38

Yes, I think it's quite normal to still 'see' the old you. But honestly, you look great. Pretty convinced from your last post that your bra back size is wrong. It's the back of the bra that supports breast weight (not the straps) so it's crucial you get that bit right otherwise you may start to droop or have rounded shoulders. That, on me, looked like it added a ton of weight. Decent bra means correct posture is sooooooo much easier (natural, even) and you look even slimmer. I bet 50p <radical> you're a 32 back size maximum.

I'm not as obsessed with your bra size as it appears! I was just fitted wrongly throughout my twenties and don't want you to be too! Honest, Officer

TwllBach Wed 02-Jan-13 19:09:29

<peers out window for Pinot>

I know that I have been wearing the wrong size for a while anyway - until I got my current one, which fit for a while! I was so bored of having nipples around my waist grin

MizK Wed 02-Jan-13 19:09:57

The dress itself is not very nice, sorry, but you have a lovely figure so it probably looks less awful than it should!
You can probably wear most things and look nice so chuck the denim horror in the bin!
Realise this sounds bitchy but please take it as well intentioned advice rather than obnoxious denim hate...

Pinot Wed 02-Jan-13 19:12:51

grin

AgathaHoHoHo Wed 02-Jan-13 19:17:49

Are you anywhere near to a city with a Bravissimo? Maybe you could have a trip to combine a visit there and perhaps a John Lewis personal advisor session? You wouldn't have to buy loads, but it might be nice to try out some new stuff for ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now