Can anyone help me find a really really bright, shiny red nail varnish?

(24 Posts)
Farlalalala Sat 15-Dec-12 11:15:55

Good knowledge sedgie! It does have an unusual glowy look to it. Will check out some jelly polishes.

Jackstini Fri 14-Dec-12 18:46:59

I think Scarlet Red by SensatioNail might work.
That's a 'shellac' type you do at home but the colour looks very similar.

If you look on their website it is the one being applied in the video

luckybun Fri 14-Dec-12 13:16:21

I love Leighton Denny Viva La Diva

sedgieloo Fri 14-Dec-12 12:43:53

Farlala what makes that polish so glossy is that it is not an opaque cream but its what nail polish nuts call a 'jelly' it has a certain translucency whilst still highly pigmented. So it's particularly glassy looking. Barry m bright red or opi vodka and caviar are red jelly polishes <bit embarrassed that I know this>

Farlalalala Fri 14-Dec-12 11:09:14

Thanks all. Shouldn't really be contemplating red polish when my nails are so stained (even though I use a base coat always!) but it's Xmas so meh!

Amblin Fri 14-Dec-12 06:49:26

I buy on Ebay. Just got the orly Rock solid. Metallic grey

Jaeme Thu 13-Dec-12 23:26:13

If you can't get the orly polish try opi color so hot it berms - it's quite a glossy creme and its super shiny with the opi topcoat,

sedgieloo Thu 13-Dec-12 18:44:35

I can rec one that looks exactly like that. Barry m bright red. Cheap as and fabulously vivid.

Farlalalala Thu 13-Dec-12 15:54:08

Orly haute red looks perfect Amblin - thanks!

Amblin Thu 13-Dec-12 15:51:32
Amblin Thu 13-Dec-12 15:50:50

I like orly haute red. Always gets comps

ENormaSnob Thu 13-Dec-12 15:43:49

Opi do quite a few gorgeous red ones.

Leighton Denny do too. I have one called viva le diva which is an orangey red. Quite summery imo.

Nails inc in Victoria and Albert is a nice red but doesn't last that well.

DancingInTheMoonlight Thu 13-Dec-12 15:04:01

They get compared to opi in reviews but are much cheaper. They last ages on me (if few coats are applied)

Farlalalala Thu 13-Dec-12 14:11:46

Ooh, never heard of W.7 Dancing, will check them out.

DancingInTheMoonlight Thu 13-Dec-12 13:15:51
DancingInTheMoonlight Thu 13-Dec-12 13:13:53

I love w7.they do a lovely red

Farlalalala Thu 13-Dec-12 13:06:30

Revlon Red does look really close. Seche vite annoys me because it goes gloopy so fast, but I think it is the shiniest topcoat i've used. Might invest in another bottle though! Prefer nails inc topcoats overall.

Scene vice is obviously seche vite ...doh!

Try revlon red by revlon, it's the truest pillar box red I have found. Add on a fast dry top coat like scene vice and you'll be done.

eggsfloursugarbutter Thu 13-Dec-12 12:45:31

I'd definitely go for shellac or gel nails, but you might not find that specific red.

Have you looked at Jessica polishes? They last well.

I used to use seche vite - it does give great shine but tends to flake and peel.

Farlalalala Thu 13-Dec-12 11:04:30

Ooh, is Shellac really shiny? I've been tempted to try it for a while and if it's extra shiny I might give it a go!

Thanks Cybbo, will have a look at Leighton Denny, I think I've exhausted all the OPI and Nails Inc options!

Can't recommend a specific colour, but I think that if its really really shiny you're after, then shellac might be the way to go...it has a mirror like finish in every colour and lasts up to a fortnight - so right over Christmas and New Year!
Or, invest in a fab topcoat and use it over bog standard polish. My sister says Seche Vite is great smile

Cybbo Thu 13-Dec-12 10:39:59

Have a look on OPI site and nails Inc . Leighton Denny has some really bright orangey reds too

Those nails look like they're on upside down

Farlalalala Thu 13-Dec-12 10:33:11

Exactly like this one? Any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now