How do I avoid an unfortunate camel toe look - running kit

(51 Posts)
drjohnsonscat Fri 07-Dec-12 17:10:58

So my jogging bottoms are typically sort of light jersey and fairly wide legged with an elastic waist (jogging bottoms basically!). I've had my current pair for about 5 years and desperately need some new ones but everything I've tried has the camel toe issue going on. My current ones don't have this problem which is why I've had them so long. I have a big bum, big hips/thighs and a fairly small waist so it's not a question of going up a size - then I just end up with camel toe plus baggy waist. Is the problem that I have a long waist so there's a long distance from crotch (sorry blush) to waist? If so, does anyone cater for this freakish body shape?

iloveeverton Fri 07-Dec-12 18:39:56

No one will notice!

I really rate h & m for sport stuff.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Fri 07-Dec-12 18:43:52

What, a shoe horn in your pants to avoid camel toe?

Snowkey Fri 07-Dec-12 19:09:12

Wear a skort, running tights with a short skirt.

QueenCadbury Fri 07-Dec-12 19:11:03

I too am long in the body and suffer from camel toe. I find proper running tops hard to find in a longer length. I have one pair of running leggings that are worse offenders than others and I do wear shorts over those.

I don't think anyone notices. I certainly don't look for or see any other camel toes when out running grin

DaySleeper Fri 07-Dec-12 19:46:37

Long line tops can end up all bunched between your legs when running, ime. What about running shorts over either bike pants or three quarter yoga pants type things?

DaySleeper Fri 07-Dec-12 19:47:46

Sorry ipad malfunction = double post blush

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 07-Dec-12 20:02:38

Skorts are good.

I size up with running tops though and then they come a bit longer and cover my indignities.

I have no shame when running though, despite my wobbly bits I will happily wear running tights, and high viz tops complete with fanny pack....I like to think I'm invisible when I'm runninggrin

Springhasarrived Fri 07-Dec-12 20:34:51

All good and funny suggestions above but I often wondered abot investing in a pair off dressage briefs for this problem...Cant do a link but
http://www.robinsonsequestrian.co.uk/equine-product-details.asp?ID=2393
Hlarious that they call the camel toe the fork area, and no that's not a typo grin

PeggyGuggenheim Fri 07-Dec-12 21:02:38

Just quickly want to nominate this for MN classic, got to look away before someone tells nellyjelly what a camel toe is

upstart68 Fri 07-Dec-12 21:38:24

Yes you have all made me cry. Have not yet seen a runner in skorts. will keep an eye out.

drjohnsonscat Fri 07-Dec-12 22:32:09

nellyjelly, it's what we always used to call a seagull. Does that help at all?

vintagewarrior Fri 07-Dec-12 23:36:42

Sanitary towel, thicker variety.
Use them for photoshoots.

Sonotkylie Sat 08-Dec-12 07:25:38

Dressage briefs!! Those riding ladies sure know a thing or 2. VPL sorted too.

KristinaM Sat 08-Dec-12 07:29:40

Dressage briefs-who knew such a thing existed

www.groomers-online.com/product.php/1932/equetech-dressage-briefs

Bridget Jones eat your heart out

Grumpla Sat 08-Dec-12 08:04:09

The "front gusset area"

<snigger>

DIddled Sat 08-Dec-12 08:56:26

That device is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!!!! What will they thing of next?

Amblin Sat 08-Dec-12 12:06:48

I'm still laughing at shoe horn.
I think you have CT as your old ones are so blardy old and grim. And THIN!!

mewkins Sat 08-Dec-12 13:54:28

Hmm never had this problem even when wearing attractive running tights. But actually maybe you need proper running tights that stay in pkace rather than baggier yoga type pants that don't. Also always buy a very dark colour.

TheSecondComing Sat 08-Dec-12 14:01:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emptywinebox Sat 08-Dec-12 15:55:05

I'm intrigued at why its called a seagull too.

Camel toe is self-explanatory when you visualise it but a seagull?? confused

GreatGardenstuff Sat 08-Dec-12 16:03:12

ComfyRumps. New username I think...

GreatUncleEddie Sat 08-Dec-12 16:31:39

Don't wear a sanitary towel it is really uncomfortable when running, I tried it once (for extra period protection, not for camel toe).

HellonHeels Sat 08-Dec-12 17:52:01

What size are you, Dr? I've got a black running capri skort that's a 16 and too tight for me. If it would fit and you would like to give it a try I'll post it to you.

Disclaimer: I will need to find it but I think I can!

HellonHeels Sat 08-Dec-12 18:09:40

Forgot to say, it's new and unworn!

EnjoyResponsibly Sat 08-Dec-12 18:17:34

Do you think that camels ever look down and wonder if their feet look like vaginas?

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now