Too old for coated jeggings?

(39 Posts)
sphynx Sun 25-Nov-12 19:19:27

I was thinking about buying some black coated jeggings as an alternative to black skinny jeans for going out. Now I am wondering if 41 is to old to wear coated jeggings. I tried a pair on today and liked how they look. Do any of you ladies over 40 wear them and how do you wear them?

But if you're not fussy about fabric, they have some nice tops that will go with skinnies - in fact, most of them have been styled with skinnies.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 26-Nov-12 20:30:19

Remus - so sad that warehouse don't do silk anymore. Used to get some lovely tops from there.

It's a pain - and I have yet to find anywhere else which meets my taste/price limit as much, so seem to have fewer and fewer tops in my wardrobe and therefore never have anything to wear!

cathyandclaire Mon 26-Nov-12 20:38:44

Hehehe mrs cb Lol at dp willy space! Hmmmm difficult choice between spare fabric at ankles ( short legs) and spare fabric at crotch!!! Ankles win, shall hide the folds with boots. Off to warehouse for black ones tomorrow....
River island have lovely ones with zips, I've got them in chocolate and I love them!

sphynx Mon 26-Nov-12 20:48:39

Thank-you all for your replies and ideas. This is forum is great for different opinions.
The ones that I tried on were actually from Warehouse. They were quite flattering and a good fit. I do have some long blouses and tops to wear with them. So I will also be off to buy them tomorrow!

GlitKnit Mon 26-Nov-12 20:50:02

coo the warehouse ones are a lot $ though aren't they?

kaumana Mon 26-Nov-12 22:27:58

I've been following this thread and am now seriously considering buying... however..what are you wearing on your feet? I get the slouchy jumpers/ tops/ layering etc.

GlitKnit Mon 26-Nov-12 22:54:15

Heels. Or heeled shoe boots. For le soir

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 27-Nov-12 06:22:59

I paid £26 for the warehouse ones from HOF so not much more than the DP ones

You need the suede autograph boots from m&s in navy if wearing indigo coated - maximum leg lengthening

Clure Tue 27-Nov-12 06:59:52

I bought the new look coated skinnies, I liked the warehouse ones but felt they were a bit too high waisted. I have worn it with this which drapes nicely
I have just bought this FC top in pink

EllieorOllie Tue 27-Nov-12 09:13:00

Thanks so much for the links Remus, I'm going to pop to Warehouse today. I get a nice student discount there as well grin

sphynx Tue 27-Nov-12 14:25:26

I managed to pick my black coated leggings from warehouse at debenhams in today's sale reduced from £42 to £32.70 for one day only. I like those tops Clure.

Love that sweatshirt in grey.

kaumana Wed 28-Nov-12 22:02:52

I thought I'd give the DP ones ago as they have a flash sale (again) but you can stack a couple of codes and get £1 delivery so brought them down to under £15. Worth a punt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now