Crepeys do Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueenie Sun 18-Nov-12 15:03:08

Will this fit the bill. Dull but seasonal?

beachyhead Wed 16-Jan-13 08:19:04

The Brora trousers arrived and they are wrong too.... Not sure I've grasped this online shopping too well. I have a day of 'sending back'. The shoes were good though here, though not in this weather.....

All booked for Waterloo Traveldodgy, not one of my usual ones, sad that I am. (This week I experienced the delights of Liverpool Street Traveldodgy).

Still in the grip of mock GCSE's here - we'll be free by the weekend, so we are off to Brighton for a jolly grin

Blackduck Wed 16-Jan-13 09:34:16

Ruby - these and wanted to wear with skirts/dresses/leggings. Am thinking of swapping for these

oldqueencrepey Wed 16-Jan-13 11:54:10

Reporting in...

BTM grin
Beachy grin
Strops grin
Herbs grin
CV grin
Ruby grin
MI
Old Queenie grin
BD - can you make it? Would be great if you can

CointreauVersial Wed 16-Jan-13 13:25:28

It looks like it might be CV sad......

You wait all year for a night out, then two come along at once. On the same night. angry And this one is a company do that I have to organise, so I really have to go to it.

I'm cross.

bigTillyMint Wed 16-Jan-13 13:36:20

Oh CVsad There's no way round it???

Blackduck Wed 16-Jan-13 14:37:06

Hi all, sorry can't commit at the moment - need to see how the month pans out! Would love to as I need to convince you all I am not a hairy handed trucker smile

rubyrubyruby Wed 16-Jan-13 15:32:19

Oh CV sad

BD - we DO all think you are a hairy handed trucker so you have to come.
I prefer the longer ones.

Blackduck Wed 16-Jan-13 15:43:03

smile

I did wonder about these here as being a shortarse I have small feet so they would fit, but I can't find any reference to how long they are....

Blackduck Wed 16-Jan-13 17:58:54

Well if the predicted snow happens it looks like this weekend will be called off, by the end of which dp will be sick of me and I might get a late pass for 8th Feb!

Ruby have swapped boots..,

motherinferior Wed 16-Jan-13 21:58:28

Add me to the 'in' list!

beachyhead Thu 17-Jan-13 22:51:26

Let's hope the snow doesn't dampen our meet up.... Does anyone have any yet?

rubyrubyruby Thu 17-Jan-13 22:59:07

We've had it all week beachy!
Snowed on Monday and if hasn't melted. The roads are clear but everywhere else is a winter wonderland smile

Stropperella Thu 17-Jan-13 23:12:34

It's all blahblahblah about snow here and people were out panic-buying groceries this afternoon. However, there is no actual snow - yet. And it feels a bit warm and is raining. I will be damn surprised if we wake up to the predicted blizzard tomorrow. Almost hope we do have some of the white stuff as otherwise the dcs will be v. cross. The south coast of England does not ever tend to get much in the way of snow. No winter wonderland for us. It's more Mud World.

Have now booked my train tickets for Feb 8th, so there'd better blardy not be any inclement weather upsetting Southwest Trains that w/e..

CointreauVersial Thu 17-Jan-13 23:23:54

It was snow-talk all day at work today; no flakes as yet (apart from a light dusting earlier in the week). DS/DD1's school have already said they're closing at 1.10pm tomorrow, and DD2's school have said we can collect early if we want, so obviously they are expecting the worst. DS is supposed to be going to a sleepover about ten miles away, but (funnily enough) does not seem concerned about the fact that it may be Monday before I can pick him up.

I'm a bit angry as I had planned to go shopping in Kingston tomorrow. If it is not actually snowing after the school run I will attempt a quick trip. I'm trying not to think about my next-door neighbour who, in last year's snow, thought he'd "pop down the road to Homebase" and got home nine hours later.

Blackduck Fri 18-Jan-13 06:02:34

Snowed overnight, but not the expected down pour yet. I suspect I could get in, my concern would be getting back - 2 hour (min) walk from station does not appeal. I think I'll WFH. Dp has cancelled his class so isn't going in/ getting up. Ds is living in hope as he has heard all these stories about sledging....

rubyrubyruby Fri 18-Jan-13 06:51:44

We have a sledge sitting on our front lawn BD . It's been there since Monday when mine got sent home at lunchtime because of snow.
I'm still in bed - daren't look out yet.

Blackduck Fri 18-Jan-13 07:02:39

Ds's school is closed...still snowing...excitement mounts...
Boots have arrived ... Much better!

rubyrubyruby Fri 18-Jan-13 07:05:36

Excellent news all round! DH liked my El. N boots so much BD he ordered some for himself. Different style obviously - we don't want to be walking round in matching boots grin

BTM - how's the WW/SW going?

Blackduck Fri 18-Jan-13 07:40:24

Matching boots smile I liked the ones you bought, but weren't they calf high too?
New ones are much better for skirts/dresses. I lurve these in a totally impractical, I want to wear frivolous shoes way. smile

bigTillyMint Fri 18-Jan-13 07:49:52

BD, like those purple ones! DH wouldn't dream of wearing boots (other than for hiking/snow) - he is not very adventurous when it comes to clothes!

Ruby, I am sticking to it fairly well (despite the constant stream of biscuits, etc at work/meetings!), but only 10 days in so far!

No snow here, but DC are hoping that it will fall heavily this morning (and so am I!) so they get sent home (and my pupils too!). DH went off on his bikeshock We have a brand new sledge here that I bought last year in preparation for the snow, and then there wasn't anysad

rubyrubyruby Fri 18-Jan-13 08:04:22

Yes - mine are calf length. I have knee length and ankle so wanted something in-between. I can also get away with wearing the calf length for work when I'm not wearing granny boots DH ordered these

Blackduck Fri 18-Jan-13 08:04:29

BTM they are a bit lush aren't they? I don't know whether to think 'sod it' and buy them as I am generally erm very 'practical' in my purchases smile
I have cut down on the alcohol and bug carbs and whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying the weight is dropping off me, there has been less bloating, and a little more wiggle room in the trousers ;)

rubyrubyruby Fri 18-Jan-13 08:06:42

I like the purple smile

Stropperella Fri 18-Jan-13 08:53:36

Plenty of snow here, all schools closed. Dog gone mental with excitement. i have a job to finish and send to the customer - who is sitting in Vienna with 60cms of snow on their office balcony. Strangely enough, her kids are still going to school. grin Off sledging later. No worries BTM, you are bound to get plenty of this white stuff in an hour or two.

alto1 Fri 18-Jan-13 08:56:55

Sorry I won't make the yak-fest - we'll be at the I Fagiolini concert at Cadogan Hall. Next time, though. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.