Crepeys do Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueenie Sun 18-Nov-12 15:03:08

Will this fit the bill. Dull but seasonal?

Blackduck Sat 29-Dec-12 17:26:21

Very nice... I am still trying to decide whether to splash out on a pair or not (shouldn't really...)

rubyrubyruby Sat 29-Dec-12 18:07:39

I'm so angry with DS2.
I struggled to find ideas for relatives to buy him for Christmas do reluctantly went down the cash route.

He went into town this afternoon and has spent most if if on his GF !angry is nowhere near how I feel. I have made a turkey pie and feel like chucking it at him.

rubyrubyruby Sat 29-Dec-12 18:08:50

..... and now I hate her too.

beachyhead Sat 29-Dec-12 18:13:02

Happy Christmas Crepeys.... it's been pretty peaceful here, no really annoying houseguests, no massive dinners to cook, only us on Christmas Day (which was a first) so we headed to the beach in the camper van and cooked sausage sandwiches.....

I've just found my very favourite item of clothing on sale at Zara, so I've splashed out and bought two... My existing one has one of those indiscriminate holes in it, that appear around the belly button area (and no-one knows where they come from. It's here

I'm up for a New Year's meet up...

We are also mock GCSE'ing here as well, in fact she's off on a revision course this weekend. I am such a horrible mother for sending her, but she seems to be enjoying it, strange girl.

beachyhead Sat 29-Dec-12 18:15:27

Ruby, that is very annoying......

Blackduck Sat 29-Dec-12 18:21:00

Hi Beachy, sounds fun.
Oh Ruby how annoying. I guess I have all that to come. Currently the biggest issue in ds's life is his fat thighs (he's 9 fgs and built like a whippet, where do they get this nonsense from?)

CointreauVersial Sat 29-Dec-12 23:38:41

Back from Bristol, but appallingly all the DCs wanted to do was shop, so I'm not sure why we bothered trekking all the way down the M4 and staying in a hotel; we could have gone to Guildford FFS.

It wasn't all bad; the hotel was opposite what must be the biggest Primark in Britain, so that's my Spring wardrobe sorted.grin

bigTillyMincePie Sun 30-Dec-12 10:09:30

OMG! Just clicked accidentally on Yahoo calendar, and my phone calendar popped up! I am so old and crepey and out of touch - I had no idea the two were syncd confused

In the middle of an eating/drinking fest with our bf's who are staying. However, they are more than happy to eat out, so it's not the trauma of poor MrsS's Christmas! Beachy, your Christmas Day sounds fab - I guess you didn't have torrential rain where you were?grin

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 31-Dec-12 09:38:33

Happy New Year Hags. What are you all up to tonight? I have 12 people for curry and champagne, and after this, that is me done for entertaining for a while as I am getting heartily sick of cooking.

Blackduck Mon 31-Dec-12 09:58:48

Happy New Year all.
We might go down the pub for a swift half, but that's it (not a big NYE fan).
Tree coming down today and tomorrow getting ready to go back to work. (Eyes laptop that hasn't made it out of the bag....)
Have a good day/evening ladies

herbaceous Mon 31-Dec-12 10:47:56

Crikey Mrs S. With the catering hell you've been stuck in, I'm surprised you're even contemplating serving yet more of your delicious food. You are a saint - sod feeling resentful, I'd have been feeling full-on murderous.

We're going to have an odd NYE. I'm going to see my bestest pals, for champers and possible bad dancing to Jools Holland, while DP will stay in with DS. He honestly doesn't seem to mind. And tomorrow we're going to see some friends for lunch, so I mustn't get too wasted.

Have managed to put off doing the school application form, and it has to be in on 15 Jan. Better get my finger out.

Builders now totally awol. Water is coming in around the French doors where the rendering wasn't finished, and loads of other stuff hasn't been finished. Boss isn't answering the phone. Their review on Rated People, where we got them, is not going to be glowing.

bigTillyMincePie Mon 31-Dec-12 11:26:54

MrsS, you deserve a holiday! Let's hope tonights guests are more appreciative of your efforts. We have just waved our favourite friends off <sniff> having had them to stay for 3 nights has been fab, and hardly any cooking as we ate out twice!

Herbs, good luck on the lunch tomorrow, though I guess a hair of the dog might helpwink I can't believe your DS is old enough for school applications nowshock

We are off to a friends for a smallish party - thankfully only round the corner, so we can slump into our own beds tonight!

Blackduck Mon 31-Dec-12 11:43:07

Actually MrsS if you invited us lot for Christmas we'd be a lot more appreciative than your recent guests, AND we'd do the washing up ;) smile

herbaceous Mon 31-Dec-12 13:22:39

We might even rustle up a meal for you, mrs s, paltry tho my efforts would be.

BTM - I can't believe it either. He's still a baby to me, but as he'll be 4 in July, will be off to school in September. Mercifully, both our closest schools are pretty good, so the ordeal isn't too harrowing.

CointreauVersial Tue 01-Jan-13 00:56:32

Happy New Year, crepesters!

I'm currently slumped on the sofa watching Jools with half an eye; we have our best pals and kids over for the evening (curry and champagne here too, Mrs S, followed by card games). The youngest of the six kids has flaked, but the others are still showing no signs of wanting to go to bed. My foot is throbbing after a precariously balanced beer bottle dropped out of my over-stuffed fridge straight onto my toe earlier on, and it has gone a lovely shade of blue. More champagne needed, I think.

rubyrubyruby Tue 01-Jan-13 06:18:01

Happy
New
Year
xxx

Blackduck Tue 01-Jan-13 08:54:56

Happy New Year all - hope 2013 brings you all you desire (in Herbs case that will be a completed kitchen ;) )

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 01-Jan-13 11:02:50

And my desire is not to spend so much time in the kitchen...

On the home straight (should that be "strait"? I think "straight" is right as it refers to horse racing but it looks odd) now. One last dinner tonight - we are having roast capon with gratin dauphinois, broccoli, carrots and peas and cornbread stuffing if I can be arsed. And tipsy tart and chocolate brownies for pudding (already made).

Washed down with either that nasty, musty wine or more champagne. grin

herbaceous Tue 01-Jan-13 11:29:02

Happy new year hags! May all our jowls be perky, and our gunts contained.

Good grief Mrs S. You are a glutton for punishment.

Last night was ace. Spent it with my oldest pals, champagne, lovely chicken pie, tarts and cheese. Paying for it now, however. Didn't get to bed until 2, didn't sleep well, then DS came into bedroom before 8. DP didn't allow me a lie-in, as 'it was my choice to go out' (he stayed in). Not sure if this is fair or not.

Have been lying on sofa watching reruns of the Great British Bake Off - inspired bit of scheduling - and now about to set off for lunch at more friends'. Looking forward to bedtime.

bigTillyMincePie Tue 01-Jan-13 12:00:29

Oooh MrsS, can we pop over to yours for dinner?smile

Happy New Year Crepeys!

All is quiet here - the DC are still in bed following yet another late night, and I am feeling quite perky now the paracetamol have kicked in! I have taken down all the Christmas lights (which were many) but DH is begging me not to take the tree down yet...

Got to trek up to the Spa place we went to on Saturday later, as I left my credit card thereconfused

wilbur Tue 01-Jan-13 14:18:21

Happy New Year, crepey friends! Have been out of touch for a bit, although I did type a nice long post just before Christmas which for some reason disappeared before reaching the thread - we have been having intermittent internet failure here angry and it has meant some things not getting through the ether, including my Lakeland order which included stocking chocs to replace the ones the mice got (our mice clearly penpals with CV's mice) and teh Christmas crackers. Only realised late on Xmas eve as I was laying the table that order had not arrived. Had lovely Xmas though, quiet with just us and then MIL and FIL joining us for lunch. Unfortunately, it then got quite rubbish as my back gave out big time and I have been living on solpadeine and nurofen ever since sad. So frustrating as for once DH had all the time off between Xmas and New Year, which has never happened before apart from when he was redundant, and we were unable to take advantage and do the 8 million house jobs and visits to museums/cinema that we planned. Sigh. Was hoping to start 2013 both relaxed and with a marginally shorter To Do list, but it was not to be. Still, am feeling better today and had a nice time with lovely friends last night - kids were invited and all managed to make it to 12 so we had our first family NY midnight together smile. Dh was then overcome with luuurve for his family and promised the kids pancakes for breakfast and so, on cracking open a single bloodshot eye this morning, he found three little expectant faces brandishing maple syrup and demanding that he get busy with the frying pan. Mwahahahaha.

CointreauVersial Tue 01-Jan-13 17:30:47

Hi Wilbur, long time no see. I'm chuckling at the thought of your DCs waking you up at sparrowfart for pancakes. Mine didn't surface til 10am thankfully.

I have done naff all today, which has been very therapeutic.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 01-Jan-13 18:23:45

I have spent a lot of today in/on the bed, slumped with the cat, either reading or emailing/perusing sales on t'web. I shuffled out for a bread and cheese and wine lunch, slumped a bit more, and have since shuffled into the kitchen to shove Monsterchicken in the oven. I have decided not to bother with the stuffing (why create work?) and will shove some chipolatas round the bird.

I am up for a January meet up but it will have to be after my interview for Dream Job (should know the date this week). I have tentatively arranged to see Groucho Friend beforehand, which is possibly not a wise move.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 01-Jan-13 18:25:26

LOL at Wilbur's DH and the pancakes. DH has done this before, and has been met with plaintive cries of "but Daddy, you said..." at some ungodly hour.

herbaceous Tue 01-Jan-13 22:07:23

Crikey, I'm bushed.

Mild drama today. Had lovely fish pie at friends' house, then DS started saying his mouth hurt. Then that his throat hurt when he swallowed. As he was fine otherwise, I assumed he'd got a tiny fish bone stuck somewhere and gave him dry bread, water, etc to try and dislodge it, while we knocked back more wine. Still mildly whingey after a couple of hours, so reluctantly took him to A&E.

We were seen super-swiftly, and the ENT woman extracted a vast bone from his throat, that had been half embedded in his tonsil. It must have been so painful! Feel most guilty.

This thread is not accepting new messages.