Cleaning leather jacket

(11 Posts)
bishboschone Sat 17-Nov-12 19:04:10

Well done ! smile

cardoon Sat 17-Nov-12 13:02:35

Right, it's finally dry! It is a little less supple than before but nothing a few wears won't sort out I think. Looks good, smells clean, and non the worse for the experience. May moisturise this PM.

cardoon Thu 15-Nov-12 19:52:46

I've laid it on a thick towel on the kitchen table with another towel shoved inside which I've changed/dried a few times - can't hang it yet as it will stretch - maybe tomorrow....fingers crossed. It looks fine so far, have leather cream on hand.

bishboschone Thu 15-Nov-12 19:46:09

Or saddle soap .. Liquid variety smile

DameFanny Thu 15-Nov-12 19:36:38

Have some neutral moisturiser on hand for when it dries - keep putting it on until it stops absorbing, then give a good rub with a cloth and maybe some leather cream to finish.

If you have cash to burn, clarin's beauty flash balm is surprisingly effective for this...

bishboschone Thu 15-Nov-12 19:33:06

Great .. Well done you .. I wash everything too .. Let me know how it dries !! :-)

cardoon Thu 15-Nov-12 14:09:19

It is, it's one from boden described as 'washed' and 'distressed' so hopefully it's used to such treatment.....

I have previous.......suede jacket, uggs, garden gloves - all good I may say grin

<eyes up cream bag>

bishboschone Thu 15-Nov-12 13:42:55

Wow !! Be careful it doesn't dry crispy .. Is it real leather ?

cardoon Thu 15-Nov-12 13:38:21

Oh god, I couldn't wait so I bunged it in the washing machine! It refused to spin as it was the weight of a dead dog blush

Have rolled it up in towels and stood on it pressed the excess water out

It looks surprisingly good grin

bishboschone Thu 15-Nov-12 13:15:03

Cleaning leather is very expensive and not very successful . I would air it out with a bit of febreze on the lining .

cardoon Thu 15-Nov-12 11:06:18

Have just won a gorgeous leather jacket on ebay, just perfect, except the lining is a bit whiffy. Should I just go and ave it professionally cleaned or do you think I could clean the lining sucessfully without harming the leather........over to you team! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now