Budding perfumistas walk this way- Part 2 of the Worst Perfumes ever

(989 Posts)
shoeprincess2 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:23:54

As the first thread is nearly full, I've set up Part 2

shoeprincess2 Tue 22-Jan-13 11:43:40

It was through this thread that I discovered Tauer perfumes. I had never heard of them before but so glad I tried them out. Like you, there isn't a Tauer I dislike. Orange Star is beautiful too. I know a lot of Tauer's scents are challenging (Loretts for example), but love to buck the trend. If you get a chance, try Pentachord White.

Haberdashery Tue 22-Jan-13 12:56:30

That is on my list, shoe. As are Loretta and Miriam. I would probably never have heard of Tauers without this thread either. Thank you, thread!

CointreauVersial Tue 22-Jan-13 13:14:06

grin @ bottle. You are not wrong. DH gave me a sample of the new Lacoste today (he works for P&G) and I just had a brief sniff and thought "same old same old"...... They really do churn out the same thing over and over (this is something I noticed several years ago, long before my venture into niche).

L'Air du Desert one of my absolute faves too.

Today I'm trying Heely Sel Marin - absolutely gorgeous, like blue summer sky and fresh sea air, tangy and citrus. Not quite right for a freezing snowy day, but definitely a winner for the summer.

shoeprincess2 Tue 22-Jan-13 13:35:39

Oooh <jots down Sel Marin in book>.

You're not wrong about the churning out of old smells. E.g. Gucci Glamorous Magnolia is just like Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy. Boss Nuit is like Cerruti 1881 (I think I remembered that right). Whenever I go into Debenhams and sniff the newest releases, I can generally liken them to something else.

Speaking of smellie-likeys, i have read that Zino by Davidoff smells like Coromandel (it was on basenotes.net). Now I have never heard of Zino, so wondering if anyone has any experience of this?

Haberdashery Tue 22-Jan-13 13:53:38

Sel Marin sounds gorgeous.

bottleofbeer Tue 22-Jan-13 14:06:44

Isn't there a Halle Berry one that is supposed to smell like Coromandel?

Gucci Envy was one they shouldn't have discontinued.

DonaAna Tue 22-Jan-13 16:38:05

A friend told that the price of Chanel Exclusifs is going to go up soon (next month?). So if you are going to order a FB, better to do it asap. If there is no boutique nea you, ordering via Place Vendome Haute Parfumerie (no eshop, just email them) is a superb way to get one - the freebies that you will get will be nicer than your bottle. Sorry that I keep mentioning them but they (as well as Campomarzio in Rome) are what a good perfume shopping experience should be like.

Sel Marin is one of the very few Calone scents that I really like.
Have Zino somewhere but can't smell a thing atm.

CointreauVersial Tue 22-Jan-13 17:01:37

DonaAna - is calone that really big "fresh air" note? It's lovely, but can catch in the back of your throat just a little. Like fabric softener? I think the Sel Marin gets away with it because of the citrus and salty notes. It has now faded to a soft vetiver.

YouOldSlag Tue 22-Jan-13 17:11:50

Can anyone tell me why Feminite de Bopis and Worth's Courtesan smell like unwashed gussets? It's kind of a musky sex smell. Is it civet?

YouOldSlag Tue 22-Jan-13 17:24:32

That would be Feminite de Bois, not Bopis.

PS- we're at 984 messages! nearly time for No 3!

shoeprincess2 Tue 22-Jan-13 17:29:08
IsabelleRinging Tue 22-Jan-13 18:21:08

What are the current prices for the Exclusifs? They do a 75ml bottle don't they as well as the 200ml now? Are they all the same or different prices?

Haberdashery Tue 22-Jan-13 21:25:39

Come to the new thread Isabelle!

wiltingfast Fri 12-Jul-13 13:50:47

Speaking of idiots, cheapsmells doesn't deliver perfume to Ireland any more sad why o why <wailing & gnashing teeth>

I probably got the last delivery out of there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now