M N Vogue vol 3

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Thu 18-Oct-12 22:09:57

A continuation of style chat for anyone wanting to talk fashion, new purchases etc.....

Hope you find your way back to us Dona!

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 11:56:50

Mini Gracie white and coral. Not sure if they have been there the whole time, or have just been returned. If there the whole time since first mentioned then ignore that!

I love the idea of J Crew but only have tshirts so far.

libertychick Tue 29-Jan-13 13:03:16

Queencadbury I am going to look for those NL shoes tomorrow - I need a new pair of black heels for work and they will fit the bill nicely until I have a bit more cash.

Outfit today, black Gerard Darel cigarette trousers, black print Aubin and Wills silk blouse, black Cat studded biker style boots, M&S cobalt cashmere cardi, Zara lace scarf - in an office I don't work in very often and it's boiling so cardi and scarf are off and I'm wishing I could kick off my boots.

Good luck with the TKMaxx shopping - love, love, love that shop and being on S&B has made me much more style and brand aware so better able to find the good stuff there. Agree budget irrelevant - it's style that counts. I had a great wardrobe when I was in uni and had peanuts to spend - but I had lots of time on my hands to trawl charity shops etc.

QueenCadbury Tue 29-Jan-13 13:43:08

liberty glad you like them. Haven't worn them yet so not sure how comfortable they are. I don't tend to spend much on heels as a SAHM I don't need them much but I really wanted some mid/kitten heels to go with cropped trousers to go out in. They also come in navy.

I must go to tk maxx sans toddler in tow. I bet I don't find any bargains though. Just like when I visit charity shops yet others (looking at you amber) seem to find great stuff envy

Annianni Tue 29-Jan-13 15:59:21

Oh dear... How addictive is pinterest?!

Who can I follow?
What do I need to know?

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 16:04:10

I am not designed to shop in TK Maxx. Fact. I never find a bargain and today was no exception other than a French Connection scarf
pinterest.com/pin/122230577358653874/
Where are these stores that stock MiH and 7FAM because my local stores are rubbish! Am I missing a trick? It's the same for me in charity shops queenCadbury
Soooooo I am keeping the MiH having tried them with a few more shoes and tops, and I am keeping the Gracie and buying one of these too
www.zatchels.com/bags/cream-pastel-leather-saddle-bag.html
Although still debating the colour......
My DH needs to come back from the States soon or I'll bankrupt him!

You can follow me Anni, user name same as on here.

Aww shop that scarf is lovely! I want it!

Annianni Tue 29-Jan-13 16:15:47

Thanks Amber

I love that scarf Shop

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 29-Jan-13 16:36:00

Thank you for the lovely welcome, it's nice to be able to chat with like minded people.

I have just had delivery of something I was really excited about, but actually it's turned out really disappointing sad
http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Mongolian-Dip-Dye-Snood/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2349265

It drapes so beautifully in the photos, but I look like I'm wearing an Edwardian ruff, and sadly not in a high fashion way...

noviceoftheday Tue 29-Jan-13 16:40:45

I started lurking on this thread a couple of days ago. Loving all the links! I posted on another thread re my weekend splurge but thought I would update here. They arrived today!

The Salmon Chloe Marcie bag is beautiful. Definitely keeping it.

[[http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/138215 ]]. Also Amber, I will be keeping the Christian Louboutin shoes. [[ http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/331072]] I am a size 3, and they recommend you go up a whole size, but 36.5 (being 3.5) were perfect. Let's hope they don't pinch as they look gorgeous. I think the 85 is my more comfortable height.

I am actually sick with flu so they cheered me up but I haven't checked out my dvf dress yet. [[ http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/367880 ]] Looking at it in the box, I am not convinced about the material.

noviceoftheday Tue 29-Jan-13 16:51:36

Ooops link fail! Marcie. shoes and dress

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 16:59:42

Novice swoon! At all those, absolutely gorgeous. Love all of them.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty ach annoying that, I always feel a little guilty making the DHL man come by for returns. Although it is a great account to have (the NaP one) so I shouldn't really.

Love the scarf Shop! Good decision on MiH and Gracie. Yes which colour zatchel?

Here's a random pin from boards feel free to follow Anni or anyone.

Mrsap Tue 29-Jan-13 17:35:35

Oh dear. Novice. Not good. I had just got over it and convinced myself that I don't need a new bag just yet. Then I saw your post. Fabulous bag! Feeling all lighted headed just looking at it. Not good for my bank balance this thread!

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 17:48:10

Meant to say Anni feel free to follow me on Pin. The more the merrier! I love looking at everyone's boards - very inspiring and cheaper than buying loads of fashion mags.

noviceoftheday Tue 29-Jan-13 18:22:31

MarshaBrady will let you know whether the dress is as swoonsome as it looks! I have to admit that it's very similar to a couple of LKB dresses I bought a few months ago (in black and the teal) LKB

noviceoftheday Tue 29-Jan-13 18:32:36

Mrsap, sorry!! If you are corruptable grin, I will share the other bag I am thinking of getting. I want it in a primary colour (to make dull work suits more interesting), but can't decide on green, blue or yellow. Balenciaga-Show?pid=803791262&start=2&cgid=%2Fshop-products%2Faccessories%2Fwomen%2Fhandbags%2Fclassic

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 19:36:28

Novice lovely lovely things, especially the dress. Can't see the Balenciaga though - says page not found??
Glad people like the scarf - I was feeling very disheartened by the whole TK Maxx shopping experience! Are the London stores the ones with the better stock? Am due there in Feb, might take a look if anyone can recommend.
I know the Zatchel saddle bag might not be everyone's thing but I don't know what colour to get. I quite like the idea of the cream for Spring (they don't seem to do a blue that I like). Am worried that cream will mark but seem to remember Dona saying they're quite hard wearing. WWYD?

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 19:44:49

Shop I really like the cream. Not sure about marking, sorry! But cream is lovely.

I love a saddle bag shop - spent a few weeks obsessing over this last year before it found its way into my wardrobe!

QueenCadbury Tue 29-Jan-13 19:51:07

I've already stalked most of you on Pinterest. I'm the same user name on there too.

I really like the saddle bags and would conider cream/white but would really like the navy bucket . Couldn't you get some cream leather polish stuff for it if it marks?

Annianni Tue 29-Jan-13 19:58:59

I've got serious bag envy grin

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 20:04:12

Thanks all. Have gone for the cream and they recommended cleaning cream and protector at checkout so fingers crossed they'll be sufficient. I'll be the woman in TK Maxx looking flustered, shouting at my DS "don't touch my Zatchel with your dirty fingers!!" grin

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:04:53

grin

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:00

LOVE the pink Amber

MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:06:23

And quickly with last post new thread!

This thread is not accepting new messages.