Mirror or camera! Who's right??

(31 Posts)
HappyGirlNow Mon 23-Jul-12 13:20:42

Ok, when I look in the mirror I'm reasonably happy, look fine.. When I look at most photos of me (apart from ones where I'm grinning like an idiot) my face looks a bit saggy ! What the hell..

I'm 39. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me.. sad

So who's right, the mirror or the photo? confused

I feel exactly the same way. I look like shit in photos, my makeup looks the wrong colour, my teeth look shit, I have multiple chins and squinty eyes. I always feel I look quite nice in the mirror sad

Also though, DH is so shit at taking photos, he always manages to get me as I move, or sneeze, or laugh or <insert other unattractive pose when caught in freezeframe>

catladycourtney1 Sat 09-Feb-13 01:42:28

Oh God I hope it's the mirror! Although what you see in a mirror is backwards, so it's not going to be the same as what other people see (although faces are fairly symmetrical so not a million miles away). I can think I look really good in the mirror, then I'll see a picture of myself taken on the same day/night and look absolutely awful!

Sulawesi Sat 09-Feb-13 02:38:11

depends on the mirror though! I have a good mirror in my bathroom and a hideous mirror in my bedroom - I look like two different people it has to be said!

catladycourtney1 Sat 09-Feb-13 03:19:09

Sulawesi yes, definitely. I have a "thin" mirror and a "fat" mirror, and so does my mum smile

Rowboat Sat 09-Feb-13 07:31:17

i would love a thin mirror!grin

AlanMoore Sat 09-Feb-13 07:42:03

I wasnt ever 'photogenic' but pre digital I was quite pretty in photos albeit with my eyes shut or whatever. Then I thought something had happened to my face because I now look awful in pictures. But then I saw a video...and look just like I used to on film! It's bizarre. Also saw pics from a friends wedding taken on slr (?) camera and look great on them, they were just candids I was in background of.
Blame digital! I know what a pp meant about everyone else looking like they look, it's rubbish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now